Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stricken

How to make money

Naw you wont. I would seriously try the suggestions that players have posted at this thread, then if you're having problems, we can help you out more. :D

Try 1 for a week, see what you get.

Even a newbie I knew who took my advice was able to have some books for knowledge, AND almost 10k gc in just 3 days.

I've told you before strick, you've just to work at it. Make an effort to level in a skill to a point where you can be profitable, and work at it. I make steel bars, or even go all the way to hydro. Its lots of good gc, but you have to spend time.

And yes, it is hard at first to get to a level where you can make the most profitable things, especially when you used to have a higher level character. but there are other ways to make money. I harvested lilacs for months for gc before I got decent levels. It may be boring at times, but all the best ways to make gc get a tad tiring.

Just work at it, maybe you can help me with a batch of bars sometime :D and we can split the profit. I did that with my guildies for awhile before I had a decent alchemy level. I harvested, they mixed, and gave me a good share of the profit.

Edited by Enly

Guest explosiveegg

Maybe I have just been lazy recently. I guess i'll just have to spend another 3 years to get full steel

theres no easyway to make money. thats why this game is so great. some extremely high levels you see harvesting luipines and selling them for cash. if u see some1 walking around with full dragon on you just have to admire that he probally spent hundreds of hours on that. its not like other online rpgs where you can easily make money. it makes cash valueable. (in diablo 2 cash has completely lost value. they made it to easy to get cash. so with like 500 billion coins ud be lucky to get a descent shield) i think radu has done a great job making money valueable. and not making it something u can just waste cause u want to. that probally is why i still play this game. if u want to be rich you cant be lazy. if u want to be lazy you can be rich :D . and i must its not the same buying a com if it took u 1 min to earn the cash then if it took you 20 hours. youd just be more excited. and thrilled if it took you an extremely long time

Edited by explosiveegg

Harvest Fruit and sell to npc. good money, fast. Though (very little xp) but you will make cash! and you may even find a nexus stone.

ok, make cotton, its easy. so make cotton until you get 10+ crafting, then start making polished rubies. you need some gc to start out, but profit is nice and they sell for 20 gc

Only two really easy and fast ways to "make" gc in eL w/o spending much time ingame now:

1) scamm stuff, especially expensive items like col, nmt, tit/steel/dragon armor set parts.

Its not only risky and bad for ur reputation but also might get u banned sometimes so i would not do that on ur place :P

2)Buy a lot from eL shop and sell it for ingame money, rostos r good(dunno if not best) for it atm , bought in bulk of coz :D

^^thats best way of "making"gc.

Yes, i know ppl buy gc for $$$ avoiding el shop and simply buying from players, and its really a lot, but as long as its not illegal they will do that, now probably even more than before :P

I dont like that coz they make money on devs and even tho EL is free to play game $$$ come to private pockets of players, not to el shop/devs.

Pretty easy to detect it, i bet game devs and mods know of it :D

mp

As many other people have reccomended I say steel bars, you can make at least 1k bars a day which is a very nice amount of money :D And some useful alchemy exp. HE's is another way to get quick gc/exp. But if you do want to craft or pot there are good ways for money but you dont want to so :D

I am probably not far from the quagmire of lower levels StrickeN's describing, although I think I'm a long distance away from the despair and frustration. I think this has to do with my purpose - it's not my intention to become master of the universe within a few weeks (or even months ... or years, lol), if I expected that, then I'd also expect to pay some irl money to achieve it. I like what Ghrae had to say about 'building' and 'developing' a character. I also respect what robotbob said about making sure you at least break even per session, and then not spending all of it once you have it (not so sure about the spreadsheet, though ... that IS a bit geeky ;) ).

Something Molime brought up, about contracts and such - is there a place in the forum dedicated specifically for people to sort of post their resumes of skills and hire themselves out? I guess what I'm ultimately driving at is a sort of monster.com for EL. I mean, if someone's got 70k gc sitting around in storage and wants to spend it on something I can make, I'm certainly interested ... but I think it would be interesting to have a place where ppl can match jobs with required skills.

Okay here is my calculations on essence cost and profit. Since I used bones, the profit is a tad more (by 2-5 gc roughly).

10 Air Essences

10 Flowers

10 Silver ore

10 Diamonds

3 Bones

Cost; 56gc

EXP 330

Sell lot for; 80gc (8gc each)

Bulk Profit; 24gc

Notes; medium muling

I think you're going way cheaper if you use FPs on this one..

15 Air Essence

15 Flowers

15 Silver Ore

15 Diamonds

1 FP

Cost; 94,5gc

Sell lot for; 120gc

Bulk Profit; 25,5gc

Also, IMO, Air Essences are the cheapest and most profitable essences to mix and sell. Since, when you harvest every ingredient yourself, you get this:

15 Air Essence

15 Flowers - Free

15 Silver Ore - Free

15 Diamonds - Free

1 FP

Cost; 12gc (Or 14-15gc, in my antisocial case)

Sell lot for; 120gc

Bulk Profit; 108gc (Or 105-106gc, in my antisocial case, but it's still huge profit.)

A profit of roughly 108gc per FP, unless you fail, but you'd probably still be over 90gc profit per FP at all times. This is where you get best profit, putting time in by doing everything yourself from scratch, keeping the costs low and the profits high.

-Blee

Always used to make gc with:

-Mixing srs

-Hes (or selling other ess.)

-Harving silver/iron and sell it.

Heard making/selling summ stones is good buniness as well.

To add 1 thing, if you dont have time to harvest or like fighting too much.

hunt skellie's little gc but 8 bones wich sell for 16gc. and 1k bones is just taking a little time. Not to mension all the boots and leather torso's you'l get ;)

But as so many others say, you'l have to spent time and assoon as you did that you can start buying ingredients to mix. But still have to spent time on the flowers, which aren't the hardest thing.

get ubber high coord, train to 60's a/d and then go to triple tiger NRM spawn, thats how i make my gc.

3 tigers a minute = 300gc (if u have the right buyers :D)

so thats better gc than single yeti.

EDIT: even better than double yeti if the person has bad drops ;)

Edited by Tempest

Take harvest orders or make fire essence to sell... thats the most profitable way to make money in this game.

Even serping yetis and arcti chims for an hour i might make 20k but the degrade a 20k+ weapon or armor.

They did a good job making it so u have to.. as you said it yourself... put money in or a lot of time in. especially with the astronomy implemented every1s just gonna spend more to make less.

Maybe one day they'll learn you catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. Til then tough it out.

Edited by LuciferX

you don't have to comment, I did it because it was the only way I could make any gc. HE's dont sell any more as well as most profitable essences. and by the time i'm done with some HE or LE i need to go buy more feastings and i'm broek all over again

EDIT: Why do you buy feasting pots? Just go to td with some fruit alch and go to portland storage. Some people thinks it takes forever to go to the pl storage but the time you save without cooldowns or having to buy fp is worth more.

Edited by auror

Lucifer's right. I have made nearly 50k in harvesting iron and silver. Haul iron and sell for 3gc each.

you don't have to comment, I did it because it was the only way I could make any gc. HE's dont sell any more as well as most profitable essences. and by the time i'm done with some HE or LE i need to go buy more feastings and i'm broek all over again

Why do you buy feasting pots? Just go to rot with some fruit alch and go to ws or votd storage. Some people thinks it takes forever to go to the ws or votd storage but the time you save without cooldowns or having to buy fp is worth more.

Don't work in ROT more :D

Go TD. ;)

Something Molime brought up, about contracts and such - is there a place in the forum dedicated specifically for people to sort of post their resumes of skills and hire themselves out?

This is held in the Market Forum ;)

What Luci said.

I personally sit in the mines harvesting silver ore for countless hours and make out great. 20k silver ore can go for 40kgc.

To occupy the terrible long and boring hours, do what I do!

Paint your nails, play another video game on a system if your pc can't handle 2 games running at once, like to play instruments? Pull up your keyboard and make up a new song. Into drawing? Make your EL character punching mother nature in the face for the amount of health and walls she made fall on you.

You can even write something.

All this can be done while sitting at your pc making sure you aren't dying, and all it takes is a couple of click here and there to get to a sto and back.

That's what map walking is for! ;)

What Luci said.

I personally sit in the mines harvesting silver ore for countless hours and make out great. 20k silver ore can go for 40kgc.

Paint your nails, play another video game on a system if your pc can't handle 2 games running at once, like to play instruments? Pull up your keyboard and make up a new song. Into drawing? Make your EL character punching mother nature in the face for the amount of health and walls she made fall on you.

All this can be done while sitting at your pc making sure you aren't dying, and all it takes is a couple of click here and there to get to a sto and back.

That's what map walking is for! :)

Time flys when u do other things and your person is harvesting ;)

That was a pointless post, only people who ever find them already had the gc to begin with, so it doesnt' make much sense to me

So thats why i haven't found any.

Well, I saved a bit of money and a bit of everything for bad times, and I harvest a LOT, but I still didn't ever find a removal stone. Therefore, can't be the reason ;)

This is held in the Market Forum :devlish:

When I looked there before, I thought it wasn't quite what I was envisioning (in my previous post, I wrote that I had something like monster.com in mind). Looking at it again, you're absolutely right - and my earlier idea would have been a pain in the ;) to implement. Thanks for responding to my post, just the same :)

What Luci said.

That's what map walking is for! :D

Funny you need to play another game to not get bored of the game you actual want to play ;)

Edited by Cycloonx