Eternal Lands Official Forums
Stricken

How to make money

I've been playing a while now, got banned on pyscho for scamming... and trying to make gc on stricken. But all I notice is that unless u have A LOTTTT of time on yoru hands or just use ur $$$ to make gc or are just plain lucky when it comes to stones u can't make anything of a "living" in thsi game. It seems that there is no good way of making gc and I dont' get it. How do you guys get gc and I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHIGN ABOUT A STONE!

If you work fast, hard and efficiently. Mix 2k steel bars from scratch in 2 days for 92k gc. (46gc each)

Just take down some cost from FPs for mixing, but you still make a nice profit.

-Blee

the only way i've ever seen efficient gc making was when I scammed, so I don't know what to do really, and i am low levels, i can't hardly do anything mid 30s suck

No comment.

Make HEs, they're not too hard and will get you good exp and probably a little profit. Do the steel bars thing when you get higher.

-Blee

you don't have to comment, I did it because it was the only way I could make any gc. HE's dont sell any more as well as most profitable essences. and by the time i'm done with some HE or LE i need to go buy more feastings and i'm broek all over again

That was a pointless post, only people who ever find them already had the gc to begin with, so it doesnt' make much sense to me

So thats why i haven't found any.

Potions make a fair amount of gc, epically when you get to be able to make srs.

How do you guys get gc and I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ANYTHIGN ABOUT A STONE!

Perseverance and patience, no quitting. It really doesn't help to take alchemy orders and then cancel them right before finishing. There WAS 70kgc waiting for you in my storage :o. Now you spent time on that, stop when the worst part is over, and have to think of new ways again. That'll get you nowhere imho.

Lol, well if you don't take that as some decent advice and follow it.. sorry, I don't think anyone can help you. :o

Btw, harvest HE ingredients, pay for the FP (5-6HE per FP). Let's say you fail some.. 3-5 HEs per FP.

1 FP = 15gc (taking my antisocial price)

3-5 HEs = 21-35gc

Profit per FP = 6-20gc

Taking your low cost.. I don't even understand how you say you go broke on this. I guess maybe it's just me?

-Blee

EDIT: I'm going to bed now, you can make profit on each essence this way. But pm me in the morning if you want some simple calculations.

Edited by BleedingSoul

I track things in a spreadsheet, yes geeky :o

But I make sure If I spend 10kgc ingame on a leveling activity, I make 11k before I log off.

Even if I only have enough time to play 15 mins, I try to generate gc in equal+ portions to

my expenses.

Spend 1k, make at least 1.1k before you log. This way you are always "in the black".

So many people in this game and life remain poor because:

They bust their backside to make $\gc, when they get it, they spend it.

Bam back to zero with an asset that may have devalued instantly.

Break even or break even plus each session and you will be fine.

as if i could do that, with the lock down I'm under I can't do anything but sit harvest alch fight (considering other skillsare worthless in my eyes)

lol your asking about how to make money and your just going to neglect all other skills. I agree with Bleeding, good luck.

If you have a high emu, harvest iron. I made some good money on iron, but it is time consuming. But do you know this, there will always be a buyer for iron ore. :D

Edited by XitragupteN

if your trying to get good money then i say try making earth ess!

they are a bit hard to sell but the ingredients are easy to get and the essence sells for 8-7g each which makes it very profitable

Edited by _SuFFeR_

You want the easy way out. A quick fix. You don't sound like you really care about BUILDING a character. About HARD WORK and DEVELOPMENT. You want a 1 week insta-100/100 pr0 avatar.

If you are really serious about leveling and making levels, then I suggest the SKILLS forums. That and *gasp* get your hands dirty. Some harvesting and some honest work can be surprisingly solid way of leveling and making a living.

Okay here is my calculations on essence cost and profit. Since I used bones, the profit is a tad more (by 2-5 gc roughly).

10 Fire Essences

20 Flowers

10 Sulfer

1 Bone

Cost; 25gc

Exp 140

Sell lot for; 35gc (3.5gc each)

Bulk Profit; 10gc

Notes; High muling...

10 Health Essences

10 Flowers

20 Silver Ore

8 Bones

Cost; 56gc

Exp 780

Sell lot for; 65gc (6.5gc each)

Bulk Profit; 9gc

Notes; Hardly any muling

10 Energy Essences

10 Flowers

10 Silver

10 Iron

6 Bones

Cost; 62gc

EXP 530

Sell lot for; 75gc (7.5gc each)

Bulk Profit; 13gc

Notes; Pretty high muling

10 Air Essences

10 Flowers

10 Silver ore

10 Diamonds

3 Bones

Cost; 56gc

EXP 330

Sell lot for; 80gc (8gc each)

Bulk Profit; 24gc

Notes; medium muling

I have skipped life essences, I don't make them for profit.

Best profit; Air Essences.

Make 2k Essences, sell them off, then buy the mineral/ore and harvest the flowers, then mix mix mix (fastest way to make gc) I made 60k in 3 days, buy mixing 2k Air Essences, then buying the mineral ore after that. You can do that with any essence.

Another note, I didn't calculate Magic Essences, until recently. even if you buy the Emeralds, you can make double your profit if you make them as sell them to the NPC. Plus you have the chance on the EME which seem to be highly needed recently. :D

I have spent a while on and off thinking of ways to make gc. Mainly if you just deduct food cost, and spend the time you are online harvesting things, then a couple days later, mix, you will accumulate gc. The main thing one has to learn is NOT TO SPEND IT.

Also, there is 7-9gc in a little newbie rat :D

hope this helps, I am open to discussion in-game if you ever want some methods in gc.

As a new player I was able to keep progressing by selling essence to pay for the books I needed to learn how to harvest or mix the next thing up the ladder. This was before cooldown so I could do all my mixing on free fruit, and doing all the harvesting and other work myself. I didn't get rich, but I was self supporting. I harvested some flowers to shell in the early days, but I'm sure under 20K of them.

Once I got to the point I could harvest titanium (1 emu) and sell to the NPC (2.5 per) I was finally able to accumulate some savings. TI has financed most of the leveling work I've done, including (post cooldown) all the FPs I need plus mixing lots of stuff in schools (for a total loss). But I still did all the harvesting myself, buying only things that couldn't be made (like sandpaper).

So for me the "secret" is simple: FE/LE/HE until you get to Titanium, then use that to finance whatever you want. TI is easy to harvest/sell while you're watching TV or doing other RL activities.

there are other ways to make money which doesnt involve the ingame skill what so ever, and no i dont mean being rich in rl and using that to get money ingame... if you just put ur mind to it like me and select people i know, u can raise from 200k sto to 3+ mill sto in 1-2 months playing lightly. i havent used skills to get money in a long time, i am too lazy.. forum pm me and i can teach u these methods :D for a price.

Not even time? Time is money now-a-days <3