Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Now that Astrology is implemented...

I also agree with Luci.

#Edit - (Awaits his ban, or some other punishment for disagreeing with the Devs..)

Edited by Chosen

I also agree with Luci.

#Edit - (Awaits his ban, or some other punishment for disagreeing with the Devs..)

What's the point of your "#edit"?

You can disagree with whomever you want. There's just difference between disagreeing and point out your doubts and points you're concerned about and writing:

OMFG it sux and teh game is fucked up now

Each of us have our own opinion on every single possible topic (sometimes our opinion is lack of it, though :D ). As long as we keep it civilised there is not a problem at all. The difference between disagreeing and posting crap was pointed out many times earlier.

The bolded part is giving out your opinion and disagreeing.

The dashed part is just a regular provoking and crap.

There's a difference, isn't there?

Edited by Anshar

It's called sarcasm, Anshar.

#Edit - Lol, spelt your name wrong :icon13:

Edited by Chosen

Here are the only possible negatives I see with astrology:

1) have to spend money on 1-2 stones every once in awhile. The planetary cycle is so long at this point, changes take a long time to take place so your stats should be mabye +/- 2 difference after an hour at the MOST. So maybe you have to use 1 stone. If you are on multiple hours, then use 2 to see which direction you are going in. Hopefully people have enough common sense to find the max/min of their stats while we have #da, and as long as Ent. doesnt change the values, it will remain the same. And if the cycle remains the same total time, for example 16hrs, then maybe you have to use only a couple of week and do a little pen and paper/mathematical work (30 seconds of RL time)

2) You may have to actual think or slightly modify your training. If having +/-3-6 a/d, accuracy, etc so befuddles you that you cant figure out what to do, maybe you should be focusing on something other than playing games. At the worst, maybe you drop training to a lower monster and train and maybe lose ~50k exp per hour, although you not achieveing your normal max exp may cause the world to end. Of course it is possible to gain more than normal exp if you take advantage of your good days (which has been pointed out before in this post), so this should balance out. The only real fighting negative I can see is if you PK on your a day when your stats are at their nadir, but I think this is an acceptable trade off for making the game much more interesting.

As far as I can tell, people are just complaining because now they have to think and maybe plan a little more than they are used to. And as listed above, there a very few if any real negatives for most people. IMO, it is much nicer to have a more challanging game than one where everything remains the same with little variation.

Edited by LevinMage

Of course it is possible to gain more than normal exp if you take advantage of your good days (which has been pointed out before in this post)
Maybe Tempest with his high a/d is having a good time, but thats not the case for all of us, like i said in my fero test pt.1 post, my exp p/h on a good day is the same as before astrology.

So for me its:

Good astroday = same exp

neutral astroday = same exp

bad astroday = ??? (test yet to be completed, will be soon)

if that "???" = bad exp, then not having astrology would be good for me. means "same exp" all the time, not only 2/3 of the time.

im the same as burfoot

i will train good days or bad because thats all i do, train

on a bad day (i think its a bad day) with degrade=-360, accuracy=-1, defence=-1, magic=-4, to damage=-2, to hit=-4 - i notice im taking more damage than i would normally, almost two restores per male orc (i have only 70 hp) and breaking alot of stuff (mostly leathers, bone, steel shield), because i also keep low p/c

in terms of exp per hour only 60k not usual 80-90k

i have to spend more now for training on bad days but i'll cope with it

- Hydro

Edited by Takeru

well i dont agree with luci, and no im not a yes-man as u can see in other threads :icon13:

anyway i think the astrology is ok, its not a ubber good feature but its also not bad.

if you know how to use ur stars, they can help you very much :icon13:

but if you dont know a thing about ur own char... the stars can ruin ur training...

its all about if u know how to work with it, basicly the stars can be a good advantage.

EDIT: my grammar sucks

Edited by Tempest

Oh, I never thought of a quest, that could be interesting.

Ohmygod is right about being offline during good times, that could be a problem also. So far, I seem to have okay stats. Or maybe I just work around them.

Check post #9 in "astrology test part 2" i suggested quests for this system long ago.......

Anyone else agrees with Luci's point?

Sigh...yawn...:)

Its unbelievable how there can always been those who are against everything new. They just want to continue as simple minded hit and slash type gameplay as been already years. And maybe they havent even earned themselves those crappy stats which they are so proud of but bought whole character.

And now those bitchers have already spoiled this (my opinion).There was so cool +-12 a/d differences which could have been used amazing way.And now its decreased to some worth nothing +/- 5 for me at least.

On bad days its possible to train with lower level opponents and when its good days its possible to proceed to lot stronger one which u couldnt reach but after training of months. But +5...4..3...maybe not worth use it that way when next one is+20-25 stronger.

And bitching started already when this is not even fully implemented.

Sure I agree that it can maybe need too much "intelligence" to understand how things work and thats why its easier decision be against it.

But about "perk"...if there will be a "iI am a bitcher"-perk...then I DEMAND..(:blush:)..there will also be "hardcore"-perk which will have those effects stronger as they were.And maybe also things wouldnt change so fast because for someone like me who doesnt want to play 24/7 when good times come.It can be bit hard if need to change ts settings for a one hour training and then after 2 hours again...well..hard..yeah..thats what is was asking..but omg..not so hard..:ph34r:

And anyway...sure if someway things seem to be very hard..they might change less hard.Just give it a chance.

just my 7 gc...

Only thing I want to say about this system now is: I don't want to say anything (and can't) before I've played with it longer. And I mean actual just *playing*, not purposefully testing things, because then you always notice things more.

I'd just like to play with it for like a month or so, play like I always do, before I can even think of trying to form an opinion. I'm probably not the only one. So I hope this will be taken into consideration as well. People that aren't giving an opinion don't always not have one, sometimes they just need more time to have one. Always a shame when decisions are being made soon after implementation of new things, before those people have had time to think something :)

Anyone else agrees with Luci's point?

Sigh...yawn...:)

Its unbelievable how there can always been those who are against everything new. They just want to continue as simple minded hit and slash type gameplay as been already years. And maybe they havent even earned themselves those crappy stats which they are so proud of but bought whole character.

And now those bitchers have already spoiled this (my opinion).There was so cool +-12 a/d differences which could have been used amazing way.And now its decreased to some worth nothing +/- 5 for me at least.

On bad days its possible to train with lower level opponents and when its good days its possible to proceed to lot stronger one which u couldnt reach but after training of months. But +5...4..3...maybe not worth use it that way when next one is+20-25 stronger.

And bitching started already when this is not even fully implemented.

Sure I agree that it can maybe need too much "intelligence" to understand how things work and thats why its easier decision be against it.

But about "perk"...if there will be a "iI am a bitcher"-perk...then I DEMAND..(:blush:)..there will also be "hardcore"-perk which will have those effects stronger as they were.And maybe also things wouldnt change so fast because for someone like me who doesnt want to play 24/7 when good times come.It can be bit hard if need to change ts settings for a one hour training and then after 2 hours again...well..hard..yeah..thats what is was asking..but omg..not so hard..:ph34r:

And anyway...sure if someway things seem to be very hard..they might change less hard.Just give it a chance.

just my 7 gc...

if youre forum sig matches youre ingame name u are rank 19,040 in attack and 22,000 in defense ..you shouldnt even begiun to compare the affects that this system has on someone with 130+ attack level to youreself...

at that point ONE level they earn is more then youre total oa exp and when they loose 10 attack levels due to the system(mabye its less now) i can understand why they are upset and when their degrade rate is way negative and they break an armour thats worth more then youre entire storage i understand their pain..

if youre forum sig matches youre ingame name u are rank 19,040 in attack and 22,000 in defense ..you shouldnt even begiun to compare the affects that this system has on someone with 130+ attack level to youreself...

at that point ONE level they earn is more then youre total oa exp and when they loose 10 attack levels due to the system(mabye its less now) i can understand why they are upset and when their degrade rate is way negative and they break an armour thats worth more then youre entire storage i understand their pain..

your, not youre

effects, not affects

yourself not youreself

Anyway, if you paid attention to his post, he said that he used to get +/- 12 a/d bonus from the astrology, which means that his a/d are in the 100 range. While that's not as leet as the 140 a/d people, that's still pretty good, yes?

your, not youre

effects, not affects

yourself not youreself

Anyway, if you paid attention to his post, he said that he used to get +/- 12 a/d bonus from the astrology, which means that his a/d are in the 100 range. While that's not as leet as the 140 a/d people, that's still pretty good, yes?

well i typed his name in rankings and thats what i came up with try it, and yes 100 range is pretty good (and if you read my post carefully instead of look for grammer mistakes) i started with "if youre forum siggy matches youre game name"

anyways whats the point of youre correcting my english? does that have any bearing on this? i find it incerdiblly offensive and condesending

Edited by mufossa

Dont know what to think yet of this new astro feature.

It doesnt really seem to affect my training even on bad days. Im always TSed and can always TS a bit less or more if need be.....didnt feel that need yet tho...so for me, personally, that doesnt seem to be much of a prob.

For Pk its a bit different....it sucks if you want to go PK and your astro stats are bad. On the other hand: 0fcourse its cool when you want to PK and your astro stats are all positive. BUT the fact that your stats can be bad when you feel the need to PK some....well havent decided on that yet.

One other thing: contest:

Yesterday i had a severe bad astro day during event..all combat stats -5 or worse. Not that i would have gotten past last stage if all astro modifiers would have been positive; would have died or run out of supplies anyway.....but it just isnt nice to go into such an event knowing your not at your best; negged cuz of some game mechanism which is not in your hands.

Ofcourse all players in such an event have to deal with this..some are lucky with good stats..others not....but maybe it would be nice shut astro off for ppl participating in such events.

anyways whats the point of youre correcting my english? does that have any bearing on this? i find it incerdiblly offensive and condesending

The point is that you usually rush in making comments, without thinking first. You don't take time to objectively analyze things, you just post whatever comes to your mind first.

IRL, when a client wants you to build him a 30 stories high building, do you give him a price estimate right away, or do you ask for more information then carefully decide on a price?

IRL, when a client wants you to build him a 30 stories high building, do you give him a price estimate right away, or do you ask for more information then carefully decide on a price?

takes months of carefull consideration

Ok, so then how about you give EL problems at least a few weeks of consideration before you post to say how much every change sucks?

i dont think i ever said this change sux , i feel its inconvient for some people, and more or less influences the way pepole want to play, like i stated in a previous post "instead of logging on and saying what do i want to do," "i now say what is best for me to do".....

As I stated earlier I can totally understand why people who only train a/d could have felt pissed how this might effect there training on certain days, but since then Ent has admitted he forgot to change the modifier and has now rectified that problem, has that made it better for me. havent a clue still testing.

But I think what is needed more than anything is positive comments and I mean positive not as "lets all agree " but as in : if there is a problem explain why its a problem instead of just saying " scrap it its crap "

If the system is changed/tweaked then fine, if it stays the same then fine as well I will learn to accomadate to it. if that makes me a YES man then so be it, but at the end of the day its not my game its Ents, he lets us play his game if we want to, we are not forced at gun point to do so.

"Im not telling anyone to leave the game because I hate that response to an arguement"

But its Ents game so if he makes choice's im not happy with then I have 3 choices .

a) makes constructive comments in forums to try and get the idea tweaked abit

b ) live with it

c) leave the game

personally I prefer A :)

Edited by conavar