Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Now that Astrology is implemented...

I have said it in game and will say it here too.

Anything that adds an element of depth to the game in an even-handed manner is ok by me. I think this system shows promise and it has my support. Just like in every other system in the game, it will no doubt be fine tuned etc, but to say "0mggggggg 45+r010gy 5ux0rz" is premature at best.

Honestly, some of you people would outcry and outwhine the kids at my daughters preschool. The system has been in 4 seconds and you are wailing like banshees.

S.

Entropy, I may have found a bug, or maybe I'm being *incredibly* lucky..

Augmented armors are supposed to break fast. I'm wearing my NMT so it lasts a bit longer. But at this point I have not broken a single part in 100 Fluffies.

Finding it weird, I had this idea.

Some titanium plate part break rate (afaik) is 1/10k

My ACTUAL degrade is at -510, which would make that 1/9490 to break/degrade.

But with this augmented armor.

I don't know the break rate, but since it breaks fast, let's say 1/400.

With my ACTUAL degrade at -510, I'd be have 1/-110 to break this.

Possibly, is this making it impossible for me to break my augmented armor? Or am I really just being incredibly lucky today...

-Blee

PS: Sorry if this isn't anywhere close to a bug at all, but it just seems very unusual for me to not break any augmented armor in this many fluffies. So I figured I'd post this, you never know.

With the NMT, thing change.

The ratio becomes x/40000 rather than x/10000

Similarly, the bonus (or penalty) is also multiplied by 4, so with a -500 we have 1/40000-500*4, or 1 in 38K

Yes, but I'm not wearing titanium.. Sorry, I didn't state it clearly.

I'm wearing augmented armors: breaking quickly.

Is the break chance of the augmented armor BELOW 1/500? Because if it is this is your result:

(Taking 1/400 as example for break rate)

x/400 *4 = x/1600

The penalty is -520, so *4 = -2080

Breakrate = 1/-480

Can that negative number create the bug of making the Augmented Armors unbreakable for me? Because I swear, the maximum of Fluffies I have done before breaking augmented armors was 70, I've done 170% that amount of fluffies now, with a penalty on breaking and haven't broken anything at all.

-Blee

I think what you're missing Blee is that the rate will be in terms of 10k before the astrology effect is applied. So, in you example of 1 in 400 that is the same as 25 in 10k. Now take your -520 penalty as Entropy stated:

25 / (40000+(-520*4))

or

25 / 37,920

Ok, so far for theory then, understand that point now.

How about the actual facts?

Before astrology:

Training with augmented leathers, NMT equiped.

Maximum Fluffies before breaking some augmented armor: 70

With astrology:

Training with augmented leathers, NMT equiped.

140 Fluffies killed, haven't broken anything yet.

With Degrade ACTUAL at -530, I am supposed to break this as easy as I pick flowers on IP.

Why am I not breaking something? It's annoying, I'm finally getting some drops and I can't even pick them up. :)

-Blee

EDIT: I broke my FIRST augmented torso after 177 Fluffies.

Edited by BleedingSoul

Tell me where you are.. and I will be the bag vaccume Especially if there is bones involved :):D:D

On Blee's statement, earlier today Molime was having breakage problems with positive degrade.. I am begining to think this is bugged also.

"#GM from molime: right... degrade 580. Broke 2 shields already too now :/"

"#GM from molime: (plus 3 aug torsos, 2 aug pants, 1 damaged tit long)"

"#GM from molime: next torso >.<"

Guess I don't need to say more.. but she broke a few more things after these statements including another shield.

#Edit; Just a few moments ago at +350 degrade I have broken 3 branches.

Edited by Lexi

You can't judge those things after just 1 day. Some days you are more lucky (IRL luck), and some days less lucky.

You need a sample of at least 1 week to be able to tell if there is a problem.

Yes I agree, but I thought just maybe it could have been a bug :) much like the harvesting events

#edit; well they wern't really a bug, just too much bonus, but I hope you get what I mean

Edited by Lexi

Forgive me if I've missed the point, but the stats seem to change far too often. It's easy enough to look at our stats a few minutes apart to see which are going up and which are going down, but it also means we constantly need to check our stats.

In my opinion, having to check the stats more than once every 30 mins is a bit excessive. I would prefer to see a less noticeable curve during the game day and it could then change more drastically with the new day - similar to RL astrology predictions which are on a day-to-day/monthly basis, not a minute-to-minute basis.

Of course, this is all null and void if the intention is to encourage us to keep a spreadsheet open so we can predict what our stats will be in x amount of time. :)

I also have a question - so far, my stats seem to be moving in one direction only. So for example, my Make rare is going up, and I haven't seen it go down yet. If I understand correctly, this will continue until the new month. Am I correct?

where mine stands right know...

[21:55:14] Make rare: 41, Harvest Events Increase: 74, Degrade: 71, Acc: 58, Att: 90, Def: 30, To hit: 25, To damage: 97, Failure: 48, Magic: 109

[21:55:14] ACTUAL: Make rare: -392, Harvest Events Increase: 32, Degrade: 190, Acc: 2, Att: 0, Def: 3, To hit: 6, To damage: 0, Failure: -4, Magic: -1

Forgive me if I've missed the point, but the stats seem to change far too often. It's easy enough to look at our stats a few minutes apart to see which are going up and which are going down, but it also means we constantly need to check our stats.

I forgive you :)

The idea is that bonuses will change relatively fast (hours) so that players won't have a whole week of crappy (or good) bonuses.

I would prefer to see a less noticeable curve during the game day and it could then change more drastically with the new day - similar to RL astrology predictions which are on a day-to-day/monthly basis, not a minute-to-minute basis.

I am sure you do, but most people don't.

I also have a question - so far, my stats seem to be moving in one direction only. So for example, my Make rare is going up, and I haven't seen it go down yet. If I understand correctly, this will continue until the new month. Am I correct?

Where did you come up with that idea from?

I forgive you :)

The idea is that bonuses will change relatively fast (hours) so that players won't have a whole week of crappy (or good) bonuses.

Fair enough.

I would prefer to see a less noticeable curve during the game day and it could then change more drastically with the new day - similar to RL astrology predictions which are on a day-to-day/monthly basis, not a minute-to-minute basis.

I am sure you do, but most people don't.

The purpose of my bringing this up is to encourage discussions to see what other people think about it. I haven't actually seen any comments directly relating to the rate of change.

Where did you come up with that idea from?

I was thinking of luna cycles, but after checking again I see that those cycles are not a month in length anyway. I'm just trying to figure out if we can predict when changes will occur. As you have stated elsewhere though, time will tell.

Thanks for your responses.

You can't judge those things after just 1 day. Some days you are more lucky (IRL luck), and some days less lucky.

You need a sample of at least 1 week to be able to tell if there is a problem.

It did make me wonder if I had the whole thing mixed up though, so to confirm: a high (positive) actual value for Degrade *does* mean less chance to break items, right? It's breakrate x / 10000 becomes x / (10000+Degradevalue)?

I'll try more (not much of a fighter, so not sure how long I'll keep that up :)), but even without enough testing it just seems strange that Blee breaks less in 177 fluffs than he ever did with negative value and I break more in ~30 desert chims than I ever did with positive value. Sure the pos/negs aren't turned around somewhere? :cry:

*actual degrade 710, goes back to playwith puppies*

So I assume you already TRIED this system? Can you post some results, please?
The Fero tests - Part 1 - A good astroday.

Firstly i'd like to say, what i said in previous posts was before the Defence modifier was fixed, i'm less annoyed if the worst i am going to see is -5, as opposed to the -9 or more i was able to get before.

These tests were done after the defence modifier was fixed (i'm posting this straight after the test).

I have just trained on Feros for 1 hour, in a state where my astro bonuses are positive, here's my #da's over the hour:

[14:46:43] Your sign is 2!

[14:46:43] Make rare: 31, Harvest Events Increase: 9, Degrade: 1, Acc: 1, Att: 24, Def: 38, To hit: 34, To damage: 29, Failure: 19, Magic: 43

[14:46:43] ACTUAL: Make rare: -472, Harvest Events Increase: 162, Degrade: 890, Acc: 5, Att: 2, Def: 2, To hit: 5, To damage: 6, Failure: -7, Magic: 4

[15:04:17] Your sign is 2!

[15:04:17] Make rare: 34, Harvest Events Increase: 7, Degrade: 3, Acc: 2, Att: 21, Def: 41, To hit: 33, To damage: 27, Failure: 22, Magic: 41

[15:04:17] ACTUAL: Make rare: -448, Harvest Events Increase: 166, Degrade: 870, Acc: 5, Att: 2, Def: 2, To hit: 5, To damage: 6, Failure: -6, Magic: 4

[15:25:04] Your sign is 2!

[15:25:04] Make rare: 39, Harvest Events Increase: 3, Degrade: 8, Acc: 3, Att: 19, Def: 45, To hit: 32, To damage: 23, Failure: 25, Magic: 38

[15:25:04] ACTUAL: Make rare: -408, Harvest Events Increase: 174, Degrade: 820, Acc: 5, Att: 2, Def: 2, To hit: 5, To damage: 6, Failure: -6, Magic: 5

[15:46:36] Your sign is 2!

[15:46:36] Make rare: 42, Harvest Events Increase: 1, Degrade: 13, Acc: 3, Att: 15, Def: 49, To hit: 31, To damage: 20, Failure: 28, Magic: 35

[15:46:36] ACTUAL: Make rare: -384, Harvest Events Increase: 178, Degrade: 770, Acc: 5, Att: 3, Def: 2, To hit: 5, To damage: 7, Failure: -6, Magic: 5

The experience i made that hour can be seen here:

astro-feros-1.jpg

I had good flees for the hour. I was attacked 3 times by other Feros of which i promptly serped dead with my JS as to have very little effect on the exp counters.

The OA experience per hour is the same as before the implementation of the astrology system.

Prior to astrology i'd get dead even attack and defence experience, now i am getting slightly more attack.

It would appear that any benefits i'd see from my positive bonuses to attack and defence are negated by the extra critical hits. The higher amount of crits was definitely noticeable.

I restored 19 times that hour. I would usually restore once or twice more.

So a "good" astro day for me has provided no more exp than usual, the only benefit was one or two less restores.

Later tonight when my stars are bad, the tests will continue. But considering a "good" astro day gets me no extra exp (imo due to the increased crit rate), at this point i will be taking the perk.

I have noticed 1 mass benefit though, but i'm confident its a bug:

Entropy, I may have found a bug, or maybe I'm being *incredibly* lucky..

Augmented armors are supposed to break fast. I'm wearing my NMT so it lasts a bit longer. But at this point I have not broken a single part in 100 Fluffies.

I noticed the same thing in that hour of testing above. I also train in Aug. leather (as u can see in the screenie), and i didnt break 1 piece of armor the entire hour. That is unheard of for me on Feros, i dont think i've ever broke less than 2 pieces of leather armor per hour.

I'll edit this post with my bad astro stats results once i have them.

EDIT: well i gotta sleep and my sign still hasnt gone too bad, and i'm away working this weekend... bad astroday test will have to wait until early next week.

Edited by Korrode

I was getting bitch slapped in hulda with this:

Make rare: 131, Harvest Events Increase: 168, Degrade: 153, Acc: 179, Att: 173, Def: 121, To hit: 154, To damage: 169, Failure: 143, Magic: 153

ACTUAL: Make rare: 328, Harvest Events Increase: -156, Degrade: -630, Acc: -5, Att: -5, Def: -1, To hit: -6, To damage: -7, Failure: 5, Magic: -6

Edit - also broke few items :cry: seems that bad astro day works fine :)

Edited by Dushan

Well, obviously, your astrology bonus works then, right?
Depends on what you consider "works" to be... I'm sure it'll be good for PK, but high exp training, and being able to do that training whenever i want, is more important to me than PK... I dont want to comment further until i have the bad astroday results. Edited by Korrode

We know stones will be available to tell your stars.....

Will stones also be available so that you can read the stars of any given starsign?

ie if you know an opponent's star sign - can you buy a stone that will tell you their stats?

ie 13 stones....

1 to read your current sign?

12 to read each of the 12 other signs?

No, the stones will be only for your sign. But with a little bit of simple math, you can figure the opponent's bonuses if you know his sign.

a quick question : a actual degrade of 890 means a high chance of breaking/degrading a tool/armor ?

Well, i've had this:

da.jpg

(pretty bad)

and this too:

da2.jpg

(pretty good)

But i was wondering.. it tends to swing with all attributes going bad or all of them going good.. Can't we have some good and some bad more often instead of full swings? At least people can't complain of having nothing to do then, they can work on some stuff while not doing stuff that their sign's are bad for