Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Now that Astrology is implemented...

Something about Kelnor's negative bonus came to my mind.

From my observations, harv event's probability is around 100-200/10k (which may be wrong, as I never tried to take a bigger sample and make calculations). If Kelnor is harvesting something with 200/10k probability and he has a bonus of -261, from what I understood about the system his probability ends up as (200-261)/10k. So it's negative - does that mean he'll NEVER get any event (until he gets his bonus to -199 or more)? Is it intended? Maybe some minimal harv event chance should be implemented?

If my way of thinking is wrong ignore the post please ;)

Edited by Lotheneil

i dont rly get anything of what those numbers mean..

[14:01:31] Your sign is 8!

[14:01:32] Make rare: 17, Harvest Events Increase: 20, Degrade: 17, Acc: 42, Att: 65, Def: 9, To hit: 59, To damage: 55, Failure: 18, Magic: 31

[14:01:32] ACTUAL: Make rare: -584, Harvest Events Increase: 210, Degrade: 730, Acc: 3, Att: 1, Def: 9, To hit: 3, To damage: 3, Failure: -7, Magic: 5

explain, pls? ;/

From my observations, harv event's probability is around 100-200/10k (which may be wrong, as I never tried to take a bigger sample and make calculations). If Kelnor is harvesting something with 200/10k probability and he has a bonus of -261, from what I understood about the system his probability ends up as (200-261)/10k. So it's negative - does that mean he'll NEVER get any event (until he gets his bonus to -199 or more)? Is it intended? Maybe some minimal harv event chance should be implemented?

If my way of thinking is wrong ignore the post please ;)

As far as I understood it, the chance of an event varies depending on the harvestable, and I think you are right with that assumption - harvesting something with a low chance for an event combined with a very low bonus could lead to a very low probability. But I doubt ent would implement the system so that you can have a zero probability of an event, at least not by intention. Let's wait and hear his words.

[14:01:32] Make rare: 17, Harvest Events Increase: 20, Degrade: 17, Acc: 42, Att: 65, Def: 9, To hit: 59, To damage: 55, Failure: 18, Magic: 31

These numbers go from 0 to 180, and the lower, the better

[14:01:32] ACTUAL: Make rare: -584, Harvest Events Increase: 210, Degrade: 730, Acc: 3, Att: 1, Def: 9, To hit: 3, To damage: 3, Failure: -7, Magic: 5

And these numbers depend on the first... for example, if make rare = -584 and the chance to make an EFE under normal circunstances is 1/10000, your chance is 1/(10000-584) = 1/9416

The higher these numbers are, the better, except for failure and make rare

great thx for explanation, got it :)

anyway i wanted to train feros but as i saw ur explanation and the 8 def on me i went to try D chims

+8 def does so much difference ;):)

EDIT: 524k exp an hour, Tsed -19 attack and 5 def :)

Edited by Tempest

And that posts proves the un-even-ness (lol?) of the signs. :)

;) I don't know if I don't get you, or you don't get it :). What proves what? The fact that Tempest has a good sign, is good imo. Not to you - with a bad sign atm - or me - with an even worse one. But not every sign is supposed to be the same. That's the idea: that the position of the planets affects how you do with things. Lucky or unlucky. Now you have an unlucky period, but that slowly changes (planets move). Another time, Tempest will have all bad figures, and we'll have good ones.

Or that is my understanding of it so far...

[14:13:03] Make rare: 20, Harvest Events Increase: 20, Degrade: 20, Acc: 45, Att: 67, Def: 12, To hit: 62, To damage: 54, Failure: 20, Magic: 28

[14:13:03] ACTUAL: Make rare: -560, Harvest Events Increase: 210, Degrade: 700, Acc: 3, Att: 1, Def: 8, To hit: 2, To damage: 3, Failure: -7, Magic: 6

I pwn all of jOO. LOL!

-Blee

[15:02:57] Your sign is 4!

[15:02:57] Make rare: 153, Harvest Events Increase: 140, Degrade: 152, Acc: 174, Att: 164, Def: 140, To hit: 169, To damage: 171, Failure: 148, Magic: 99

[15:02:57] ACTUAL: Make rare: 504, Harvest Events Increase: -150, Degrade: -620, Acc: -5, Att: -2, Def: -3, To hit: -7, To damage: -8, Failure: 5, Magic: 0

good sign atm for afk harving

if i understand correctly sign 4 is The Bone

moon-bone1.jpgPeople born under The Bone are believed to be strong and healthy. A common comment about such a person would be: Amazing I thought s/he was dead, but of course being bone born means something. (said when such a person recovers from a grave wound or injury).

The Bone represents steadfastness, to not yield.

I am Amazing ! ;)

[14:13:03] Make rare: 20, Harvest Events Increase: 20, Degrade: 20, Acc: 45, Att: 67, Def: 12, To hit: 62, To damage: 54, Failure: 20, Magic: 28

[14:13:03] ACTUAL: Make rare: -560, Harvest Events Increase: 210, Degrade: 700, Acc: 3, Att: 1, Def: 8, To hit: 2, To damage: 3, Failure: -7, Magic: 6

I pwn all of jOO. LOL!

-Blee

I hate you..Mummy, you know that, right?

Atm I never had Harvest Events Increase positive but only negative ups and downs: from -165 to -81... then down again until -120 and now I'm around -80 again.

Average: 1 event every 2 hours ;)

And that posts proves the un-even-ness (lol?) of the signs. :P

;) I don't know if I don't get you, or you don't get it :D. What proves what? The fact that Tempest has a good sign, is good imo. Not to you - with a bad sign atm - or me - with an even worse one. But not every sign is supposed to be the same. That's the idea: that the position of the planets affects how you do with things. Lucky or unlucky. Now you have an unlucky period, but that slowly changes (planets move). Another time, Tempest will have all bad figures, and we'll have good ones.

Or that is my understanding of it so far...

We'll see, still my point proves, I'm still going to be waiting for the perk to remove this though, I don't want it.

#Edit - Harved 5k things, no events.

Edited by Chosen

`same here chosen.

it messes with my sqedual and what I felt like doing. I came home from work and wanted to do some a/d training but that astro stuff screwed it up... everything was bad for me. so I decided to stop EL for today. and probably again if this keeps up... would be a short return then since I only returned to EL 1 week ago. so far I don't like the sight of this at all.

this also interfears with guild projects if we pick 1 select day to work together on and some ppl have a bad sign they are no use..

bit of a strange system and defenitly way to much influence

`same here chosen.

it messes with my sqedual and what I felt like doing. I came home from work and wanted to do some a/d training but that astro stuff screwed it up... everything was bad for me. so I decided to stop EL for today. and probably again if this keeps up... would be a short return then since I only returned to EL 1 week ago. so far I don't like the sight of this at all.

this also interfears with guild projects if we pick 1 select day to work together on and some ppl have a bad sign they are no use..

bit of a strange system and defenitly way to much influence

Yes i'd like to add my dis-taste for this new astrology system also. It's not so bad if your an all rounder or a mixer, but its shit for those of use who mainly a/d train.

I'm about to start full time work in RL, i dont have all day to sit around waiting for my stars to align.

I just got to mag 49, which i worked long and hard for, and now if my stars are bad suddenly i'm restoring at 100 health again.

I dont TS my a/d for feros yet. I'm not high enough yet, my stars now dictate whether i can or cant train on them.

For now we can check our astrostats with #da, once we cant and that stone is implemented, IF it's expensive, it'll be even worse.

Please, please implement that perk so we can exclude ourselves from the astrology system... i wont continue to regularly play a game that sometimes when i log on i can train and sometimes i cant. Please dont take that as some kind of threat Entropy, and please dont ban my forum account, i'm just expressing my opinion and thoughts on this, and stating the fact of the situation for me.

Edited by Korrode

Some people bitch so much. IMO, there shouldn't be an opt-out perk.

If you cant train on feros for whatever reason Korrode, then just move back to fluff which can still give you 280k/hr xp.

I think Ent should just stick with it, like he did with Cooldown, etc and people will have to adapt to it if they wanna keep playing.

Jow

I've always been prepared to adapt to changes everyone bitched about, read old posts of mine on the forums and see that, but not this one. Getting higher levels takes ages and is tedious in this game, i didnt get there to have to rely on luck to use what i levelled to. I dont really care if anyone think i'm bitching or whatever, its how it is.

Edited by Korrode

If my way of thinking is wrong ignore the post please :)

Yes, you are right.

I think I will decrease the harvesting bonus/penalty again.

I've always been prepared to adapt to changes everyone bitched about, read old posts of mine on the forums and see that, but not this one. Getting higher levels takes ages and is tedious in this game, i didnt get there to have to rely on luck to use what i levelled to. I dont really care if anyone think i'm bitching or whatever, its how it is.

So I assume you already TRIED this system? Can you post some results, please?

All I have to say about this system is...its interesting, do a little research into the rl astrology and it gives a little more insight...also for all those people complaining, just wondering if you happen to have a better sign when you logged in after the update would these posts be here...or would you appreciate the system alot more cause it only gave you benefits...you must realise that there is good and bad in everything its not all peaches and cream...

sorry for the babbeling but that's how I feel about 90% of the complaint(other then the ones about bonus being extream while harvesting--I agree--) and probally why I don't post on forums much

what i've said is based on my tests on Feros when i had p/c 24/48 and low 90's def (i had -11 to def at one point today), and my restore fail rate when i had ~40 magic... both of which i clearly remember (i now have 52 coord, so we're only talking 2 dex difference than the old tests i'm going off)... but fair enough, i'll do an extensive series of tests over the coming days and post results.

It is indeed an intresting system.. And it should stay without the possibility to disable.

But, and i'm still editing my chatlogs of today so i dont have exact numbers, imho the influence is to much. I did a little part of my chatlog and it contains only ~2:30 on harvesting BQ in Thelinor wich wasn't more than 2 maybe 3 loads (~750 max total) and already had 25 ! events.

Not statistic but from my feeling i can harv tons of bq with only 1 or 2 events / several loads. I use a moonmed when harving, dont ask me why but i feel it makes a difference, and so did i today.

Surely it weren't only bad things there i got several blessings but broke more axes than i did in 12k diamonds and had to restore several times even as i kept food lvl. positive.

When done with the log i will post it here if any1 is interested.

Edited by Walt-Her

And it should stay without the possibility to disable.

Got any good reasons for that?

#Edit - The people who don't want this to affect them should be able to have the option to not have this, or alot of people will quit.

Edited by Chosen

And it should stay without the possibility to disable.

Got any good reasons for that?

#Edit - The people who don't want this to affect them should be able to have the option to not have this, or alot of people will quit.

I'd use that option :).

Btw, what does the first row means ict to the Actual things.

The signs behind actual, is what is it right now...?

what i've said is based on my tests on Feros when i had p/c 24/48 and low 90's def (i had -11 to def at one point today), and my restore fail rate when i had ~40 magic... both of which i clearly remember (i now have 52 coord, so we're only talking 2 dex difference than the old tests i'm going off)... but fair enough, i'll do an extensive series of tests over the coming days and post results.

You do realize that things DID change during testing, right? Now it is impossible to get such a big defense bonus or penalty. So how about we do not complain about things that changed, before we retest them?