Eternal Lands Official Forums
LilBear

Now that Astrology is implemented...

so in a nut shell.....since most people agree with luci that they DONT like astroglogy, you are going to respond to that by NOT adding the perk that will free them from this system they dislike... ;)

i fail to see how this will help, please edjucate me, i dont want to jump to any conclusions

Well, you and others claimed that you AGREED with Lucifer's post. Did you read his post? If you do, you will see that what I am doing is to make you guys less unhappy, by adressing one of the problems he mentioned (about the perk).

you know what he said the problem was the 500$ fee ....this is getting borderline childish

astrology is great..

i promise and you can quote me on this, ill never complain about anything you add again

i never said i agree with luci on the other hand i dont disagree either BUT i have my own opinion about this system, mabye some of our points intertwine but then so do other peoples

Edited by mufossa

Well, you and others claimed that you AGREED with Lucifer's post.
Hmm, I don't recall posting my opinion. Perhaps someone can remind me of that (and no, my "when can I train" question is not an agreement post).

Did you read his post? If you do, you will see that what I am doing is to make you guys less unhappy, by adressing one of the problems he mentioned (about the perk).
Hmmm, not the way I would have resolved his point #3, but ok.

Since you are attempting to deal with the issues, I'm looking forward to your solution for his #1 and #2 points.

(and I'm still not expressing a public opinion ;) )

It just seems that to have the opt out perk is kind of admitting that it has a detrimental effect, when in fact....

1. Players work hard for their stats (not just fighters) and they deserve to play on the char with the stats the earned....

2. players play to have fun. in most cases (it is never all cases since we are all different) this is not welcomed and is ruining the fun of the game.

3. The perk to remove it is also a "you might get screwed." You can't win.. because if they see every1 take it

A. they might do something to make it give someone a severe advantage in a particular sckill one day since there is a 500$ fee to remove it a money player will happily pay

B. Even if greed is not the motivator out of spite it might be done too...

This should have never been impleented Just like the Darkness BUT there are Many yes men in the game and they wont leave or shut their mouths unfortunatelya nd it gives devs the wrong idea of what ppl like...

I would imageine someone worked very hard on this stupid idea and i assume thats the logic used when in any bad update they NEVER remove something bad they just make a undo/crappy fix like night vision goggles lol..

This makes the game less fun not more for atleast 9 out of 10 players u can deny deny deny all u want but maybe your just the 1 in 10 that lieks it ;) or maybe ur just a yes man too :w00t:

Anyone else agrees with Luci's point?

:omg: ....Hell NO! I'm an all rounder. I don't train in Uber gear. In sto 3 full sets iron/2 steel/1 tit and ALL greater swords and my CoL, CoM, SoM and NMT. :D It's all about flexibility. I'm a mid level player. I used to do as I please when I please. Now I have to think. I like that. Really do. And what I'm thinking right now, is spare me your rantings, Luci/Chosen/ et al... this Astrology adds another facet to the game. One I know I can LEARN to enjoy. I will, in all probability miss the #da command if removed ;) But I'm capable of finding a way to earn gc in a manner that doesn't rely on RL $$$ to afford 1-2 stones a day. I'm confident enough in my char's VARIOUS skills to adapt. To have fun. Period. End of story. 9 out of 10? :) Yes man? (...sighs and gestures rudely...)

so luci's entire post gets quoted, rather than the single point you plan to act on, and then we're asked if we agree, and then the meaning of that point gets twisted.

Great.

Whatever, i dont care, i'm over it.

just make a perk, which doesnt cost pps.

lets say anti-astro perk costs 100kgc, 0 pps and gets deleted with a reset.

so wheres the problem?

500$ seems a bit much since not everyone can spend RL$ on EL and ppl should play the game how they like it.

if u just make the perk fee in gc ppl are able to work in game for removing their astro.

Recently i found will removal stone when i went harving at big positive modifiers.

I had a lot of events( so better chance to find something and less boring ;) ).

Recently i found will removal stone when i went harving at big positive modifiers.

And with HoS perk is it possible to harvest afk, if you do it when no harv events. ;)

;) like Korrode's banner states (in small letters) Strategy is Everything

so wheres the problem?

500$ seems a bit much since not everyone can spend RL$ on EL and ppl should play the game how they like it.

if u just make the perk fee in gc ppl are able to work in game for removing their astro.

Did you, like.. READ the fucking post?

yapp, and just read it again and noticed u said its 500$ to remove it.

EDIT: still... 500$ for removing a perk?

Edited by Tempest

We have meds to get rid of the trouble of hellspawn perk, we have stones to get rid of failures while making stuff, so a med with a *chance* to get rid of astrology influences would fit somehow IMO.

Piper

not a bad idea but I dont know how hard it would be to implement the * chance *, I was thinking along the lines of a high end craft ring ( which would be a good money drain and also give crafters a very marketable item) one use item that removes astro effects for 6 game hours,

but then that is open to abuse by people only using it to weed out the bad days while they take benifits from the good .

Personally if an item was introduced I would like it to be an item such as a crown or cape which then penalizes as well as benifits the wearer... ie : player A wants to remove his bad stats on a certain day so wears his/her cape of astro removal but then they cant wear a NMT cape etc as well , or a COL if it was a crown..

players would then have to way up the positive points against the negatives and plan there strategy accordinly.

I think some players like the astrology and some players hate it ( thats there choice either way) but i dont think there should be a FREE non-penalizing way to get out of its effects.

On a personal note having tested it for a bit more, I dont mind it, fine on bad days I have a/d trained and lost more items than normal including a COL :P lol but that was my choice to train that day.

Does it restrict what players can do when they log on .. no

Does it make players think abit more about what they do or how they do it .. yes

We all want and shout how good EL is because it is a mature game with a mostly mature user base but then complain ( and i have done it myself in the past ) when ideas are implemented thats makes us act mature by thinking and using our brains.personally if i wanted to play a no-brainer game I would play a FPS

Edited by conavar

I am going to voice my opinion... I rarely do that... but for two days, I have totally hated this astrology. It gets on my nerves so bad when I am harvesting that I leave the game. I don't mean to hurt any feelings here, but I wish the astrology would go away. I am one who will never be able to afford a high dollar real money perk. (full time college student with three kids...lol, you do the math :P )

And I love change, normally I look forward to changes here and I adapt to them.

Change or not, if I started playing EL today instead of a year ago, I would get very frustrated and not play because of the junk that goes on harvesting (of all things) flowers!!

Thanks for allowing us to speak our piece, that much I do appreciate, because, you really dont have to and some of the posts are incredibly impolite. I really do believe you can voice your opinion without being so rude.

Thanks

TessAnna

people used to do w/e they wanted to do, now people have to revolve around negative affects making the game more strategic yes, but the lack of creative freedom makes it less fun imo,

i would rather log on and say "what do I want to do today, NOT whats best for me to do today

You really don't have to play according to what your astrology stats are, I log in and do whatever I feel like doing, half the time oblivious to what #da would tell me :) . You don't have to let it govern you're ingame actions, anymore than you would let luck govern what you did each day.

Amen to that. :)

I've been doing a lot of harvesting since Astrology was put in (prepping for a reset). Some days I sit for hours without a harvesting event (and boy are those days boring) and some days I get hit all over the place (though I seem to break a pickaxe in the first five harvests every day :P ) but I don't even bother checking the stats anymore since what I do won't change based on them, just how many fireworks I see.

As for a medallion, it sounds interesting. But how do you incorperate a chance factor of it removing your astrology? Hellspawn only happens when you change maps, so a heavenspawn medallion has a chance to work then. Saving stones work when you're mixing. But astrology is a constant thing thats always happening.

i think a potion would work well (or ring if the crafters must have it their way) that removes astrology effects for 5 minutes or so. this will allow those people who so hate it to remove it when they really have to, plus it promotes strategy that works with astrology, rather than people taking the 'ive got no brains' perk for those who are too lazy to think.

this potion could also have a chance to make a special: a 24 hour one, also available for $$ in the shop :icon13:

I really love this update, and the astrology is nice.

Have tried to train different ways, found out how I can get 50k/hour more a/d than I used to before the update and it's when I have most negs.

Hope there will be a perk and a lot will take it, would make me level much faster than them :icon13:

'ive got no brains' perk is a good name :icon13:

I'm starting to train again :)

Basically i dont wanted to post cuz i dont give a damn about this whole system, i just ignore it.

I dont harvest due to HoS and i dont mix at all so all stuff that would be important for

me is the fighting benefits from astrology which i dont give, excuse me, shit about as well.

I had good and bad days before as well. It didnt changed anything for me i still have good and

bad days. Thats why astrology is without any sense in my eys and why i dont care a bit about it

to be implemented or if it will be able to get rid of by perk/medallion/potion/sleeping with whoever.

If it gets completely into game i dont care, and i dont care too if it will get out of game. (geez how

much i used "i dont care now? :S).

I can see why ppl comlain. its not like i dont see the difference between a bad astro and a good astro.

but except if i get asked to check #da i dont. i just take the day how it comes and goes. Nvm if i have

a bad rate to degrade items or a rate to dodge hits better. Like said, its like before where you had some

days full of luck and some days with just bad luck. Nothing Changed imo except that you can look at your

luck/bad luck now.

so wheres the problem?

I agree with Tempest, this solution should sufice almost everyone:

-You want the astrology system. Ok for them.

-You do not want the astrology system. You take the perk. You do not get the bad days but you do not get the good days either. Ok for them.

-You do not want the astrology implemented for anybody because of the astro people having an advantage on their good days.... you are a bit egoistic, arent you? You took the perk with all its consecuenses, so live with it....

I do not understand why people get so angry about this and starts using bad words/tones....

Thanks for your time,

leriam.

P.S.: I am sure you will notice that english is not my first language but I am sure also you can understand what I said.

The irony is that I actually implemented the perk, but now I am going to disable it, because of the following reasons:

1. I never really liked the idea, it was more of a compromise.

2. I expected people to STOP COMPLAINING about the whole astrology thing, now that I said we would have a perk to disable it. Instead, people still complained: omg, 500 usd to get it, omg, 500 usd to remove it, omg, omg. All this after I made it clear that the perk will be free (in terms of pickpoints to get), and would use only GCs.

So next time, you might want to stop bitching after you get what you want. If you keep bitching just because it's cool to do so, you lose what you got.

I am kinda used to this to be honest. "I had this idea to you a big favor, but since you dont like something I put in game, I wont 'give' it you blablablabla.

You don't believe me, do you? Ok, I'll put it on the test server today, just to show you how it would have been, then remove it when it goes to the main server.

I do believe you...

You done this a lot, althought most of time, you didnt implented it yet.

And since I it wont be on main, I wont be bothered to check how it could be.

Never said I didn't belive you implemented it or not, I was saying indeed to the fact your going to remove it, because if I post my honest oppinion about this I'll either get banned from Forums and EL, and I don't want that.

#Edit - I've now chosen (;)) to buy a Brod, and branch things to kill my spare time in EL, cos it's fun.

Edited by Chosen

Well, obviously, I am not going to implement (or release, if it was already implemented), something that I don't really like AND something players who wanted it don't like as well.