Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hyperion

your opinion

Hey guys,

I am intrested to find out what everyone thinks is the best a/d p/c/w/v to fight

1: Ogres

2: armed female / male orcs

3: Cyclops

4: Fluffy

5: chims ( desert,mountain,artic,forest)

and to what lvl you can train decent on them with that p/c/w/v.

I reset and am trying out some new things like vit (never tried it) and i'd like some insight on what you all think.

greetings,

Hyperion

Ogres:

You can start ogres @ 50/50/24/32, but they still hit you, and you'll need a COL, maybe Iron Plate Set too.. But vit is best thing for training Ogres, as you don't need anymore than 16-20 phys, which reduces damage.

Armed Orcs:

Never really trained on these, didn't see the point, you'll need such a low p/c to hit max of 5 to make anyway decent exp on those, so Cycs are better, IMO.

Fluffy:

You'll need ~85 def, which you can get to on ogres, if you do it right. 32/52 p/c is good, 40/40 too, but when you get to ~100s, you'll need to drop the Phys or Cord a'lil to increase exp.

Chims:

Arctics arn't 'trainable' cos you can't sit there and use Bone on them cos they hit you alot, although with the new implemation of Astrology, some people will be able to train those.

lol, thats just my opinion.

I am intrested to find out what everyone thinks is the best a/d p/c/w/v to fight

1: Ogres

2: armed female / male orcs

3: Cyclops

4: Fluffy

5: chims ( desert,mountain,artic,forest)

and to what lvl you can train decent on them with that p/c/w/v.

CoL needed for the recommendations i'm about to give.

1. You'll need high 40's attack and low 60's def, take p/c/w/v 16/32/8/16

2. dont train on them

3. train ogres, saving pp's, till your 70's def then take p/c/w/v 20/52/8/16 and use bone on clops

4. stay on clops till mid 80's def then barefist fluffys still with 20/52/8/16

5. dont train on them

Feros: once your in mid-high 90's def you could add 8 pp to phys (28/52/8/16) and train feros with uni med.

All just my opinion :)

EDIT: that going to feros in 90's def is optional, u can keep TS'ing for a long time on fluffs.

also, always try uni and moon med, see which works best for whatever your current setup is :P

Edited by Korrode

well my a/d is 82/81 currently but I reset and my p/c is 20/16... I just wanted to see what you guys think about certain creatures and stats needed.

thats a pker a/d.. higher attack than def on those lvls.. rare :P

anyway 82/81 + 40/~52~ is great for fluffs, low dmg, nice exp, then later on u can TS or go to feros with 100 def or bit lower.

thats a pker a/d.. higher attack than def on those lvls.. rare :)

anyway 82/81 + 40/~52~ is great for fluffs, low dmg, nice exp, then later on u can TS or go to feros with 100 def or bit lower.

hehe for now I was actually planning to go 36/40/20/12 and see if I can take flufs otherwise go cycs for a while. I don't intend to raise my cord to high to fast. but my problem atm is I am reset and low oa. as soon as I hit 24 cord ill go back to kill armed orcs to raise my oa faster since they still give quite decent exp. then when I gathered enough pp to go to 36/40/20/12 ill go on.

dunno I am not really a pker atm I just like to keep my atck higher then my def. everyone has def higher then atck so I want to be different :P

anyway 82/81 + 40/~52~ is great for fluffs, low dmg
40/~52 p/c = low damage on fluffs?! lol!!! guess it depends on what u consider low damage. :)

hehe for now I was actually planning to go 36/40/20/12 and see if I can take flufs otherwise go cycs for a while.
36/40 would be good for you for clops, you certainly wont be able to do fluffys, and wont be able to for a while, get used to the sight of clops :P ...or just do what i said above and be able to move to fluff alot sooner and be able to TS lower down the road.

But if you, like so many others, cant see the downfalls of high phys and benefits of high coord, thats fine, its great infact, those of us who can will just continue to level at a much faster rate :o

Edited by Korrode

anyway 82/81 + 40/~52~ is great for fluffs, low dmg
40/~52 p/c = low damage on fluffs?! lol!!! guess it depends on what u consider low damage. :)

hehe for now I was actually planning to go 36/40/20/12 and see if I can take flufs otherwise go cycs for a while.
36/40 would be good for you for clops, you certainly wont be able to do fluffys, and wont be able to for a while, get used to the sight of clops :P ...or just do what i said above and be able to move to fluff alot sooner and be able to TS lower down the road.

But if you, like so many others, cant see the downfalls of high phys and benefits of high coord, thats fine, its great infact, those of us who can will just continue to level at a much faster rate :o

actually I am not taking high cord straight away. and because of a simple reason. I will be able to train a lot longer on a single creature and this also means I won't have to reset or use as many TS pots. I have always saved a lot of pp's and I intend to do the same again. eventually ill have high cord but I won't go for it straight away.

thats a pker a/d.. higher attack than def on those lvls.. rare :D

I have 85/82 a/d and I am definitely no pker :P

actually I am not taking high cord straight away. and because of a simple reason. I will be able to train a lot longer on a single creature and this also means I won't have to reset or use as many TS pots. I have always saved a lot of pp's and I intend to do the same again. eventually ill have high cord but I won't go for it straight away.
ok, but imo 36 phys is too much, full stop.

I once took 40/36 p/c with the same idea in mind as what u have, after much testing i clearly saw it just isnt the best answer, at any step of the way.

Consider stopping at 28 phys instead of 36 :D

Toughness to stay on spawn for long is important (i have 22 toughness right now), but just put a few extra pp on vit. If your a pure fighter (dont do a skill like manu/craft/etc.), Will isnt worth it, use the pp's on vit.

oh but you could be Aisy! unleash the PK'er within!!! :P:D Edited by Korrode

oh but you could be Aisy! unleash the PK'er within!!! :D :D

I think Aislinn PKed way more ppl than even Radu himself, and most of those were evil PKers, so better be on ur guard coz u never know when and where her evil Hammer of Banstruction will hit ya :D

<sorry for off-topic :P >

mp

Hype im gonna reset soon, i can TS down and then pvp you... just pm me :D

EDIT: edited 3/4 of my stuff out... aislinn would've hit me with her Hammer of Banstruction :P

Edited by Tempest

Hype im gonna reset soon, i can TS down and then pvp you... just pm me :)

EDIT: edited 3/4 of my stuff out... aislinn would've hit me with her Hammer of Banstruction ;)

let me know dude, btw MP i'd like your opinion on this

Edited by Hyperion

EDIT: edited 3/4 of my stuff out... aislinn would've hit me with her Hammer of Banstruction :)

VERY sorry I missed it ;)

MP i'd like your opinion on this

Hype im gonna reset soon, i can TS down and then pvp you... just pm me :P

Pvping bigger a/d player after reset is always best way to make crazy exp.

I wont give u any advices about atributes coz its ur personal thing, depending if u like only fighting, fighting+pking or some mixing too, also some stats work better if u wanna train on mobs and some if u will make exp mainly on pvp, also if u can afford steel/tit set and col for training or not.

All these factors determine what atributes will give u max exp gain, so not that easy to make best choice :icon13:

mp

If you care about maximum exp and u have a nmt with col.

1) Ogres 58 def p/c/w 20/20/20 (i had those stats while i was on ogres and in the triple in melinis i was getting more exp than fluffy trainers. It wont hurt if u add vitality. I didn't have nmt and col. With ts pots u can stay there untill late 80's. I started training on ogres with physique 18 without nmt,col and titanium btw.

2) Fluffies def 88 p/c/w 36/48/20 and as much vitality as you like.

3) Armed orcs give crappy exp unless u train in the pk cave or if u know a small trick in a map in c2.

4)Cyclops can give good exp with those stats but i never liked them. Use tit short or a small iron sword.

With the p/c i mentioned or even lower when u increase your a/d u will get more exp than before.

If u train with nmt,col,titanium plate and steel greaves and cuisses use lower p/c on fluffies.

If u wanna pk forget what i said :icon13:

Edited by agis29

well lets put it like this eventually I'd like to PK but atm I am thinking of atleast lvl on flufs till the max before I even start PK. so basicly right now I will go for max exp.

I am not really someone who focusses on 1 class cause I also mix sometimes. but my main skill intrest would be a/d

well lets put it like this eventually I'd like to PK but atm I am thinking of atleast lvl on flufs till the max before I even start PK. so basicly right now I will go for max exp.

I am not really someone who focusses on 1 class cause I also mix sometimes. but my main skill intrest would be a/d

With those stats i was able to pk a bit(i am weak though for top 20), i can make all my armor, and weapons (tit shields,cutlass etc). I can harvest hydro, I can make medallions and all c1 & some c2 rings and recently i started engineering. And yes my alch is enough to make hydro and wolfram bars. When i am really bored i summon and do some potioning too :P

Although i don't train seriously for the last 3 months, i am still top 50 in oa.

Also i don't have anti or godless.

I am mentioning all those things to show u that if you understand the game and how to adjust your p/c u can succeed many things.

Forgot to mention that in the past i had arti perk too. (I shouldn't sell my arti cape :icon13: )

Its good to listen to players opinions but the most important is to do tests and always trust what your exp counters show per hour.

If i could say a generic rule for maximum exp i would say that :You get maximum exp when your toughness and armor allows you to stay in the spawn for 1 hour + and your might allows to to slightly bypass the monsters armor.

Thats the rule for recommended p/c.

Edited by agis29

With 32/52 p/c I was training fluff and pking from like 100s to 120s a/d. Had to take a lil more p/c later for total war :) Finally took negs at about oa 143 and stopped training fluff ;)

Ogres:

Arctics arn't 'trainable' cos you can't sit there and use Bone on them cos they hit you alot, although with the new implemation of Astrology, some people will be able to train those.

They are trainable allright...boxing and bone....its just they have so little health compared to yeti: yeti gives better xp in comparison.

3) Armed orcs give crappy exp unless u train in the pk cave or if u know a small trick in a map in c2.

Theres a 4 double armed orc spawn in Idaloran mines....got loads of xp there in the past ;)

Ogres:

They are trainable allright...boxing and bone....its just they have so little health compared to yeti: yeti gives better xp in comparison.

Theres a 4 double armed orc spawn in Idaloran mines....got loads of xp there in the past ;)

I did 68/67 till where I am right now on armed orcs without a single problem what so ever. always used a double spawn. usually 1 male 1 female or the double fem/male spawn in EVTR pk cave. harm a second to make it atck you its imba exp.

Ogres:

Lol, I know about the Orcs, I was saying it's hard to make 'good' exp on single spawn, if you use double+ spawn of anything your going to make much more exp, as for arctics, I suppose if you got enough coord, I havn't killed some for about 4 months, so I wouldn't know anymore, I was posting from my knowledge.

keep p/c low for ogres like ~20/24 so you can TS and get good exp until cyc level 80 def

but thats just my style i like keping small p/c ;)

- hydro