Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

WoW

Well, I know that entire threads are sometimes deleted, especially when the users revolt. And I heard threats to ban people if they continue to post on those threads.

Also, there are VERY few people that got banned from EL JUST because of what they posted on the forums.

2 days ago someone was banned in anachronos server.

In the past many many linux users were banned (from bots not admins) cause bots thought that wine is an illegal client or something.

Also u can send a report cause someone was spamming in the chat.If bots receive many reports for the same player bye bye...

Massive bans happened just before the release of the burning crusade because players accidentaly entered in the new maps of the expansion pack.

Everyday players are banned cause they sell gc for dollars and they are advertising their sites in the local chat.

But on the other hand ban in wow means nothing. 9 millions users are there.

You can play in another server.

The funny thing is that u can leggaly macro there(they encourage u to do it and they provide you the tools) and send items to your alt via mail. (in game mail system)

You don't have to trade at all.

speaking of multiple accounts and WoW... http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/08/extrava...cs-seven-monit/

*looks*

i guess those chairs have built in toilets and there's a mini fridge around the corner...

Thats just insane... and pointless... £470 monthly? (no ideas what the monthly cost is in $)

in 2 years you spent, might as well buy a new car or something nice...

like a new mobile phone

(some of the comments on that site are quite funny)

Edited by cho-yun

*Thats just insane... and pointless... £470 monthly? (no ideas what the monthly cost is in $)*

10.55 a month and it goes up per month u add. they take of a little bit but its still almost double of the previous amount.

as for a mini fridge I have one to :icon13: but I aint a hardcore player anymore :P

At the current rate it is:

470 British pounds = 691.735816 Euros

470 British pounds = 943.66600 U.S. dollars

Just a tip, you can use google for this. Try to search on '470 pound to dollar' or whatever and google will tell you.

2 days ago someone was banned in anachronos server.

So...? Was it because he said something in the game is wrong or he did something really bad? Don't get it.

In the past many many linux users were banned (from bots not admins) cause bots thought that wine is an illegal client or something.

Ok, banned by bot not by some human who got pissed off at the posting on the forum or chat about how game is bad.

Also u can send a report cause someone was spamming in the chat.If bots receive many reports for the same player bye bye...

I doubt it's that much automated.

Massive bans happened just before the release of the burning crusade because players accidentaly entered in the new maps of the expansion pack.

Don't understand this, explain, can you go to 4th continent in EL even now when it doesn't exist yet? Amagad!

Everyday players are banned cause they sell gc for dollars and they are advertising their sites in the local chat.

Ofc they are going to get banned because of it, what's wrong with it :icon13:.

The funny thing is that u can leggaly macro there(they encourage u to do it and they provide you the tools)

Tools? You have macro editor to enter 250 chars of few script calls that make casting and targeting easier, that's not macro that does stuff on it's own like mining etc, it's just a handy tool that helps you do some stuff faster without too much clicking. On the other hand more serious raid encounters are sometimes hard to do without some form of macroing and adjusting your actions/spells. Illegal addons are forbidden ofc.

and send items to your alt via mail. (in game mail system)

You don't have to trade at all.

Yes you can, mostly crap item because everything else is Bind on Pickup and can't be sent/shared/traded to anyone. Sending gold to your other chars can help you get them leveled faster but what then, you still need to play with it and do hard stuff to get your hands on good equipment.

Ok, banned by bot not by some human who got pissed off at the posting on the forum or chat about how game is bad.

i got forum banned for that :icon13:

anyway i wont post more, just 1 last thing.

i agree with wexy.

Agree with Wexy, one of my game buddies got ipbanned too, for saying he dont like part of EL. :icon13:

While kinda everyone agreed with him, but didnt say it.

What I think is hilarious, Ent, is that you CANNOT get banned from a game you play by saying it sucks, or a GM sucks, etc. I know Blizzard employees personally, and nothing like that EVER happens. Also, from personal experience, if people are PAYING to PLAY a game, they typically don't globally say it sucks >.>. Personally, I think Blizzard has some of the best tech support. They have millions of users, they have dozens of servers, to track, isolate and find a bug in a game that isn't even COMPARABLE to EL on a scale, and even see if the reported bug indeed is a bug, takes time. As I said earlier, personally knowing staff that are GMs in game, also developers that code and fix bugs, they, when they find a bug, fix it extremely fast.. Saying you can fix a bug in a stand alone server that 400 people play is by me no great means of accomplishment.

Personally, I think you're too self-righteous, gloating for your ability to fix a bug quickly..

Edited by crypt1c

Agree with Wexy, one of my game buddies got ipbanned too, for saying he dont like part of EL. :icon13:

While kinda everyone agreed with him, but didnt say it.

Manderijn, most have learned by now to keep quiet about such things so they don't get banned as well for having an opinion

Right, cuz we ebul mods ban ppl for having an opinion.

I will say though that you guys are really asking for a ban by saying such idiotic things.

How would you feel if you make a game and people start bitching nasty to you and implying that you're an idiot and don't know how to make a game and making false accusations at you, and then you ban them for it, because that is really nasty and against the rules, and then they and people like you come and say that you or your friend was banned for having an opinion. Just think about it before making rude remarks like the above!

Ok, how about you (Wexy, Tempest, Manderijn and Nvaryea) come up with concrete examples of who got banned when and for what?

And I mean with details.

If you do not come up with concrete details that I can verify, I will prove you right by banning you from the forums and the game. Now that's irony, isn't it?

There is a huge difference between having an opinion and being rude and obnoxious.

And I could never understand why if people don't like the game, they don't just find a different one to play, rather than waste time and effort insulting the people who make the game and those who stay.

I have yet to see somebody banned for an opinion. I have seen people banned for being utterly rude and crude and for cheating, or any combination of those. I also have yet to see any GOOD reason for keeping these people around. If they are that unhappy here, they shouldn't be here.

What I think is hilarious, Ent, is that you CANNOT get banned from a game you play by saying it sucks, or a GM sucks, etc. I know Blizzard employees personally, and nothing like that EVER happens. Also, from personal experience, if people are PAYING to PLAY a game, they typically don't globally say it sucks >.>. Personally, I think Blizzard has some of the best tech support. They have millions of users, they have dozens of servers, to track, isolate and find a bug in a game that isn't even COMPARABLE to EL on a scale, and even see if the reported bug indeed is a bug, takes time. As I said earlier, personally knowing staff that are GMs in game, also developers that code and fix bugs, they, when they find a bug, fix it extremely fast.. Saying you can fix a bug in a stand alone server that 400 people play is by me no great means of accomplishment.

Personally, I think you're too self-righteous, gloating for your ability to fix a bug quickly..

Is that so?

I dare you to go ask your WoW GM buddies on what is their official policy on how to handle people that constantly post on their official forums stuff like "OMG WOW sucks, Blizzard can suck my balls!"

Or players who keep spamming in local stuff like: "This game sucks!@@11!"

Then post the reply here.

BTW:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?amp;sho...st&p=200813

And OMG, here is their official policy on baning people: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/forum-coc.html

Some of the reason they ban players for:

Spamming and Trolling

This category includes:

Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish

Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums

Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters

Making non-constructive posts

Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages

Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have been spamming or trolling, he/she will:

Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the World of Warcraft forums, depending upon severity

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

Creating threads about existing topics

Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have been creating duplicate threads, he/she will:

Be given a temporary ban from the World of Warcraft forums, depending upon severity

Ok, how about you (Wexy, Tempest, Manderijn and Nvaryea) come up with concrete examples of who got banned when and for what?

And I mean with details.

If you do not come up with concrete details that I can verify, I will prove you right by banning you from the forums and the game. Now that's irony, isn't it?

read my post, i said i got forum banned for telling what i think, look at quote of the weeks, im angelfacejo if u remember and i asked u ingame for forum unbann, so i can post some stuff in topics that are important to me.

and now what? i got banned several times, did nasty stuff, paid for it, learned from my mistakes.

now i post on forums to tell what i think, and u wanna ban me? lol

in my post i see that i said i got forum banned for saying the stuff u can read in QOTW, which is TRUE.

and i said i agree with wexy, which is MY opinnion.

so tell me wheres the problem, if u cant accept my opinnion, forum ban me again.

EDIT to Ais: yeh ur point is right, if ppl get banned for beeing ubber rude or whatever false action its good to ban em.

Edited by Tempest

Ok, I edited my previous post to show you that WoW has pretty much the same policy we have regarding to banning people who troll the forums, or post off topic content, or non constructive stuff.

I am pretty sure they enforce their policy as well.

Now, I want an example of someone who got banned from the game (not the forums) for what they posted.

The only people I remember getting banned were some of the *CO* people over an year ago, for making threats about hacking/flooding the server.

Quick question: is nook1e ipbanned? :icon13:

P.S. If you gonna ban, lemme me sell items plx first. Or lemme give char away plx.

I beg you.

Edited by Manderijn

Ok, I edited my previous post to show you that WoW has pretty much the same policy we have regarding to banning people who troll the forums, or post off topic content, or non constructive stuff.

I am pretty sure they enforce their policy as well.

Now, I want an example of someone who got banned from the game (not the forums) for what they posted.

The only people I remember getting banned were some of the *CO* people over an year ago, for making threats about hacking/flooding the server.

i never said anyone got banned from game for saying something in forum, i only said ppl get banned from forums for posting what they think, which is true, in my opinnion.

Quick question: is nook1e ipbanned? :icon13:

P.S. If you gonna ban, lemme me sell items plx first. Or lemme give char away plx.

I beg you.

I have no idea if nook1e is IP banned, and even if he is, I doubt it is for something he wrote on the forums. Show me the post he got banned for.