Eternal Lands Official Forums
gnr_bt

I think I was banned

Hi yesterday I was in the game and for some reason I think I was banned, beacause I cant get online now. If anyone can explain to me why what happened I apreciate and I make sure it never happens. thanks

Hi again, is there someone to answer this post? Pls answer, I'll be waiting.

ingame name: gnr_bt

I like to know why im banned and what can I do to be unbanned and start playing again.

I looked up your logs and you were locked for rule 6.

6. Use Appropriate Names.

Please do not create a name that is obscene, vulgar, profane, offensive, is utterly senseless and stupid (e.g. dfjritq47fa), or is made with the intent of impersonation. Names must be pronouncable words, not random letters; with or without numbers attached. Amount of non-alphabetic characters can never exceed the amount of letters, and is limited to 2 maximum.

Take into consideration that the name you choose does affect the atmosphere of the game. Inappropriate names can and will be locked no matter how much time you have spent in the game.

Are you serious? My name as a meaning gnr_bt (Guarda Nacional Republicana - Brigada de Transito) Are you relly going to block my charater because you dont know the meaning? You can lok for it on http://www.gnr.pt/portal/internet/gnr/orga.../bt/default.asp its a portuguese police force. we got to work this out, the name is not obscene vulgar profane stupid nor utterly senseless meanless or offensive. And for us (portuguese) is pronounceble.

I'm not the locking mod on this, but I highly doubt that it was locked because of the full name, but because the bunch of letters for the abbreviation of it over your head is neither a name or pronounceable.

Posting in Bans:

1. Bans is to be used for the moderator who did the banning and for the person banned ONLY to post on their own behalf.

2. An exception will be made IF a third party has relevant information/proof.

3. All other posts by uninvolved third parties will be removed.

1. The issue is done.

2. It was opinion and commentary, not fact. Stating such a rule is unfortunate is also a matter of opinion. I'm sure people can list good and bad points in their opinions for all of the rules, that doesn't give them permission to spam up bans with it. (Everyone thinks their opinion is a valid point)

3. His name was made after the rule was in effect, and the rule explicitely states the consequences.

4. "On his behalf" is still not the banned person or the moderator.

Edit: A note to the folks who will say "but I see other names that don't fit!" These names are grandfathered in, meaning they were made before the rule was revised to it's current requirements. We don't go back and retroactively enforce the rule, that would not be fair.

I unlocked the character, and the moderator who locked it was WRONG.

Players should not be banned for rule number 6 days after they start playing.

Thanks Entropy I just wished you've seen this posts earlier. You have showned good sense and I think these forum needs it. Sorry for the inconvenient but since too much time has past and I was starting to play the game, I've lost the feeling of playing eternal lands, so you can erase the character. I wont be using it. Good bye and good luck