Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Astrology Test part 2

IIRC ent said that astrology would somewhat change percentages but not by alot... so should the numbers like ( harvest increase: 860, degrade 341, make rare 450) be divided by 100? to give an actual real percentage of change?

Edited by LevinMage

I was told it was added/subtracted from the current Rates of making something

-Example;

If the currant rate is 1 EFE out of 10,000 FEs and you have Make Rare

-260 then your chance in making an EFE reduced from 1 in 10k to about 1 in 9740.

I was not told this by Radu though, so it could be different. :) Don't quote me on it.

Yesterday I tested fighting monsters again, took big p/c and spent over 4h killing: fluffies, desert/forest/mountain/arctic chims, cocktarices, yetis and giants. Barehanded, with normal bone, bone of death, wooden staff, cutlass and orc slayer.

And astrology almost doesnt affect it, imho way more depends from ur luck, than from those little modifiers added by astrology.

(dunno if its needed to post now, since astrology is on main server, but well, more info for devs shouldnt be bad i hope :icon13: )

mp

Blah, I forgot to post before going to bed.

Decreased Rare Manufacturing Day

Modifier: -642 - -620

Using Artificer Cape

ELE after 33 LEs

I made made 350 LEs total and that ELE was the only one.

But I think the high modifier +artificer cape can own the day. :-)

-Blee

Usually the astrology bonus is more important when your level is close to the opponent's level. When there is a big discrepancy of levels, the bonus can become insignificant.

Blah, I forgot to post before going to bed.

Decreased Rare Manufacturing Day

Modifier: -642 - -620

Using Artificer Cape

ELE after 33 LEs

I made made 350 LEs total and that ELE was the only one.

But I think the high modifier +artificer cape can own the day. :-)

-Blee

You need to make 10K in order to have a significant sample rate.

On the less technical side of things, do you have plans for giving the different 'signs' a name and description, similar to what we have with our irl zodiac? If so, rather than creating names for constellations we can't see*, it might make sense to look at it totemically, based on the creatures inhabiting Seridia. I'm not much of an astrologer, but if you need an extra keyboard applied to such a project, I'm happy to help.

* An observatory might make an interesting quest to attach to this new feature, to encourage people to learn more about it :icon13:

I also tried yeti twice.First with my about 20 coordibnation and -6 def bonus.Couldnt avoid any hits with my less than one min test.Then a lot later with same huge coordination I was quite surprised.Maybe total 2 mins taking yetis hits and after that i had 6k def xp done...and def bonus was maybe +9 and def hitxp 116. Not yet enough for training but anyway nice change.Sorry cant remember exact bonuses but something like that.Just wanted to see if it would be possible to use yeti when good times for my sign.And it seems it maybe will be..maybe 40 coordination would be enough...:OOO

I am getting some funny values on the main server (look at Att and To hit):

[19:31:38] Your sign is 12!

[19:31:38] Make rare: 22, Harvest Events Increase: 49, Degrade: 25, Acc: 15, Att: -6, Def: 51, To hit: -6, To damage: 79, Failure: 51, Magic: 104

[19:31:38] ACTUAL: Make rare: -544, Harvest Events Increase: 123, Degrade: 650, Acc: 4, Att: 2, Def: 1, To hit: 9, To damage: 1, Failure: -3, Magic: -1

[19:31:40] Today is the 18th day in the month of Elandra, the year 0012, Age of the Eternals

Sandtiger, thanks for posting that.

Please post more as the time goes by.

If that turns to be a big problem, I might have to fix it today.

Same day, an hour later:

[19:44:35] Make rare: 20, Harvest Events Increase: 46, Degrade: 23, Acc: -14, Att: -5, Def: 49, To hit: -4, To damage: 79, Failure: 49, Magic: 102

[19:44:35] ACTUAL: Make rare: -560, Harvest Events Increase: 132, Degrade: 670, Acc: 5, Att: 2, Def: 1, To hit: 9, To damage: 1, Failure: -4, Magic: -1

And now we have:

[20:01:51] Make rare: 18, Harvest Events Increase: 42, Degrade: 19, Acc: -11, Att: -3, Def: 46, To hit: -1, To damage: 78, Failure: 47, Magic: 100

[20:01:51] ACTUAL: Make rare: -576, Harvest Events Increase: 144, Degrade: 710, Acc: 5, Att: 2, Def: 1, To hit: 9, To damage: 1, Failure: -4, Magic: -1

Edited by Sandtiger

[20:08:22] Make rare: 12, Harvest Events Increase: 12, Degrade: 11, Acc: 19, Att: 26, Def: 16, To hit: 29, To damage: 48, Failure: 17, Magic: 70

[20:08:22] ACTUAL: Make rare: -624, Harvest Events Increase: 156, Degrade: 790, Acc: 3, Att: 1, Def: 3, To hit: 6, To damage: 4, Failure: -7, Magic: 2