Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Astrology Test part 2

Ok, now most of the astrology is complete, except for the chance to fail during manufacturing and the magic modifiers. So let us test it on the test server, and see if there are any issues.

The #da command has been improved to show the actual bonuses.

The fight related bonuses are easy to understand, those numbers are the actual value of the bonus.

The chance to make rare, negative is good, positive is bad.

The increased harvest events, and the degrade chance, the bonus is positive, penalty is negative.

The attack/defense bonus range from -9% to + 9% of your skill. This is subject to further testing, and the modifier might be reduced to somewhere around 5%

The accuracy bonus is capped at +/- 5, depending on your attack level.

All the bonuses ARE cummulative with the perks and special days.

Been away for a few days (trying to become ebul IRL rich :D ) Just signed into the test server to give it a look-see. Wow, what a cool concept! Talk about the ultimate personalized "special day" (or not so special, depending on how your "stars" are aligned and what you're trying to do). Thanks, Ent, for creating such an interesting new "layer" to our EL gaming experience. :P

Llyn :)

Edited by Llynara

I enjoy this, and it seems to be working correctly although I'm not doing the math :P

Logged on yesterday before the improvements and found my test character either disappeared or I forgot the password (it's been a while) so I started a 'newbie'. Received the sign of '2' but made the mistake of thinking all would be recorded on the chat log (not) and didn't take screenies. The attack and defense were both favorable, so after raising P/C to 6/6 I was holding my own against deer and fox with only a bone (and a beating!) Never died. Sorry I didn't get the numbers, but I noticed a real difference over starting a char under normal conditions.

I'm trying again now (with screenies) and already noticed that I again received the sign of '2' but the stats are completely different. That seems fair and logical. I'll post back, and have questions as well. Should I ask in a separate thread?

So far :P

How often are the bonuses supposed to change? Is it random?

How often are the bonuses supposed to change? Is it random?

If it were random, I wouldn't have planets, would I? I'd just use random() for bonuses (which we already do in many places).

With a Harvest Events Increase from 120 (Real: -180) through 133 (-258) I have not had any events at all in over 600 harvests of titanium at harvest level 90. When Harvest Events Increase was at 106 (-96) I got 2 events in 200 harvests.

I don't know if this is to be expected or not. I typically have 2-3 events in 200 titanium harvests.

I have a fun idea......

possibly some people wont be very happy when thet get a bad negative effect, mabye you could create "Quests" that would bring the persons stats back to where they want them, this could be fun

.......also mabye some quests that would increase an effect such as more random harvest events ......

I have a fun idea......

possibly some people wont be very happy when thet get a bad negative effect, mabye you could create "Quests" that would bring the persons stats back to where they want them, this could be fun

.......also mabye some quests that would increase an effect such as more random harvest events ......

Thats a nice idea. :P

After logging in on random different EL days during the last three RL days, I'd better get posting!

First, my original test character has either been erased or I used a forgettable password, so I've started a newbie, "Wugmump", clever, huh? This gives me limited options as to actions, but may provide a point of reference for new chars.

A little math trouble, but I'm clear as to the concept:

"The further from 0, the less. 90 is neutral, so when a modifier is near 90 it will act as it did before the astrology system was implemented. As the modifier goes towards 180, the bonus becomes negative."

This is easy to understand, but the comparison with 'ACTUAL' confuses my non-mathematical brain. I'm not getting a correllation between the two although your description is clear. Still, going on the above statement, my results seems to fit well. Addendum: the more I concentrate, the more I understand....

My first try was in my previous post, my second test was after your original adjustments and addition of 'Actual' stats.:

teststats1.jpg

In this case fighting beavers was the best I could get away with at A/D 7/6, P/C 8/8. Deer may as well have been Fluffies! Harvesting uneventful, of course.

teststats2.jpg

Here, I assumed my ATT would have been better with the 64 modifier, but the Actual won out. The deer ate my lunch. With cheese.

teststats3.jpg

The next EL day the stats were nearly the same, or do they change by hour and this was the same day? I was too mad at the deer population too remember! Same results. Also, I was disconnected from the server at about 1650 GMT -5 and tried for a few moments to get back, no luck. Main server and forums all OK. It's not my fault! :P

teststats4.jpg

This is current RL morning. Leveling by fighting not so hot. I'm confused at the fighting modifiers seeming to be fairly positive, but the Actuals are all 0. Is that wrong or just my math skills? Anyway harvesting is a real fireworks show with these stats! I can't leave the client for 30 seconds before something (good or bad) happens! Personally, I like it. It takes the boredom out of vegetables.

All in all (so far) I like the system! ** Aha! The stats do change over the hours!! Good, gives complainers a fighting chance to stfu! **

Most of my questions have been answered by concentrating on the stats and posts. I hope all the above is understandable. One point might be to make the in-game system more simple to us math-challenged boneheads. Translated into a "+1 / -1" language or simple percentages. I have to admit I'm lost when I see a phrase like "make rare -608" (not that I couldn't learn :o )

There is one really stupid question which I'd like the honor to be the first to ask since I'm sure you'll hear it again: "In EL I have the sign "5", but in RL I'm a "9". Can you change it for me?" Personally I don't give a flying dragon, but if the stats are random and there's a way to do it, let players pick their own sign. Maybe a future implement as a personal attribute, like clothing color.

Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Edit: A quick add to the last stats comments (this morning.) It seems the harvesting events are actually off the scale. As I have be making this whole post and cropping and FTP'ing the pics, my char has barely harvested 100 veggies! It's been right through a harvesting hour too, maybe the modifiers are too strong (I wouldn't say this if I had found 2 rostogols though, would I? :) )

Edited by Mugwump

The attack/defense bonus range from -9% to + 9% of your skill. This is subject to further testing, and the modifier might be reduced to somewhere around 5%

All I can help about your concern for +0 in your att/def

if your testcharacter a/d is 7/7 the maximum of +9% or -9% bonus would be 0,63

and I think rounddown is used (0,99 rounded to 0)

Lol! What about "of your skill" don't I understand!

Thanks Spyridonas, I see the light. Now I better go see the doctor! ;D

Two things:

1. The #da command it's a developer command (mostly for me). I made it available to the players for a short while, to be able to debug some stuff. Soon there will be some stones that when used will give you a more easy to udnerstand description of your bonuses and penalties.

2. The a/d bonus has been reduced to +/- 5%, because at levels over 100 it would have made a too big difference.

2. The a/d bonus has been reduced to +/- 5%, because at levels over 100 it would have made a too big difference.

Thats cool, ty. :P

Mixing LEs on an increased rare day.

600 LEs resulted in:

-598 LEs

-2 ELEs

I continued the work with the Artificer Cape (thanks goes to FatboyJaxx)

I got 2 ELE after 200 LEs, my 33rd and 200th LEs were ELE.

Mixed another 23 LEs after that, then you changed the day.

Oh yea and my Make Rare (DA) varied from around -680 to -712.

-Blee

Okay I have not much to report, because my end totally stank like my baths in dung in EVTR.

averaging ACTUAL Make Rare @ -230 to -250 during mixing, I made 300 FEs and 975 LEs, in which I made no rare items...

#edit----

The new day with Decreased Manu;

1 LE after making 131 LEs with ACTUAL make rare @ -144

Edited by Lexi

Life Essence mixing

540 le made - 1st ELE --- Make Rare 200

625 le made - 2nd ELE --- Make Rare 208

1913 le's and 2 ELE's --- Make Rare 264 (when the testing ended)

1 efe in 1352 fe, actual Make Rare around 416 when I made the efe.

0 ele in 760 le, actual Make Rare between 470-500 during that time.

I was wearing artif cape the whole time.

EDIT: mis-typed a number, fixed it

Edited by CelticLady

Increased harvesting events day:

~2 walls, 2 Radons, 2 Gloves broke, 1 Mother nature being mean, and 1 Rosto on around 125 Sulfur.

My #DA for Harvesting was around 165 for Actual, and 60 for the other.

increased harvesting event day

19 gold coin at 194 sapphire

287 sapphire's total

decreased harvesting event day

187 sapphire total and 0 events

Results from marcvs on test server:

increased rare items day: I have made different essences for a sum of 1240 essences producing no enriched. My astrological modifier, during this period was: ACTUAL make rare from 416 to 464.

increased harvesting events day: I have mined 406 sulfur and find nothing. Astrological modifier for harvesting events in that period goes from -354 to -366

decreased harv events day: mined abt 400 sapphires and nothing happens. Astrological mod. goes from -366 to -378

decreased manu events day: made abt 600 essences (fire and life) and make no enriched. astrological mod. for makin rare items goes from 552 to 529

Edited by Marcvs