Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sphere

Shape Shifting

I had an idea triggered by Hadassah calling me a "Shape Shifter" because of my alt's name (Cube.)

A keypress (or spell perhaps...?) that would (with some sort of eyecandy display) morph you to an alt char.

-Inventory/clothing/weapons/nametag/health/etc.. would change to whatever the 2nd char has.

-4 slot non wearable common inventory for stuff like GC or valuables (yes, I'm aware that this is currently illegal as multiplaying.)

-Delay before it could be cast again (1 min?, once per hour?)

-Alt selection would be permanent or difficult to change (only 1 allowed)

I understand that this could be abused in a multitude of ways, and would need a bunch of thought to prevent illegal abuses. Some of the legal abuses could get interesting however... :D

P.S. Yes, I know Roja has said that shapeshifting is coming... This is a somewhat incomplete idea that I wanted to throw out for discussion.

Edited by Sphere

-4 slot non wearable common inventory for stuff like GC or valuables (yes, I'm aware that this is currently illegal as multiplaying.)

Next time just propose removing rule number 5. Will be easier to understand and more sincere. I would say the rule is there for a certain purpose. I may be wrong, though :P

<5th edit>

I just wonder if you'd spent at least a few minutes for considering your own suggestion.

Here are some nice ways of using it:

Let's create two characters:

Character A: all perks, very high p/c, typical mule

Character B: manuer/crafter/anything else

We go with character B to any resources (to avoid hellspawn), mine with character A and then mule it (with a ring or magic) to a storage. Then make a bag and switch to character B again (or just use the 4 common slots). Yay for muling!

Next example:

We take our poor character A (without hellspawn) to PK area and change it character B - fighter with hellspawn (yay for free pickpoints) to kill everything that is on way. It doesn't have to be even PK area - might any training area.

Next example:

Character A with antisocia, B without. Yay!

There might be hundrets similar examples. Absolutely bad idea.

Edited by Anshar