Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Uberad

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY - baned and IP blocked

Can you pleas unban our IP - It was a yougn kid that was running his charcter - THis a computer Lab for Kids at an army post and One of the main games they play is eternal lands

Thanks Ent - I talk to the child and expalin his inapproaite action to him He is only 6 years old I was surprised by his actions

Your absloutly right!!!! :) I've dealt with that - When you banned our IP you dumped 5 players at once. I just wish I had been able to interven prior to going this far....

I didn't know there are so many connections from that IP. And those who were already playing got dumped? Hmm... The server is supposed to ban clients only when they try to connect.

This is one of the reasons why I think we need to have a ban flag on characters, not just IPs. Also, forum bans should be username & email address bans as well. But, I digress...

That won't help much, since most of those who get banned are the only people from the same IP, and even if i ban one of their chars, they can create another.

The char banned flag I want is to prevent them from using a banned char on another IP. I'd like to see that IP automatically get banned in that situation :twisted:

This issue may be resolved by procedures vs a lot of new tools. If you have the ability to see what IP the player is using then yopu may be able to scan to see if other players are using the same IP. Chances are there is a senior player (one who has a vested intrest in not being baned that you could use to deal with the deviant player. This may work and again appoligize for the player that caused all the issues in the first place... We are erally enjoying this game and I'm recomending that the center offer a donation to support the work.

Actually, most of the time we do scan the IP range, to see if there are other players from that IP, and if they are veterans. However, I have no way of contacting them, since we do not take their e-mail address when they log in (privacy concerns, etc.), so if a player from an IP missbehaves constantly, then the IP is temporarly banned, until the issue is solved either in this forum, or in private.

Oh :P

Usually, most of the bans happen like this:

One player (veteran or not) gets bored, and decides to have some fun. So he makes a new character, starts the game again, and does bad things, thinking that there will be no negative repercursions over his other characters.

man i got banned 4 the stupidest thing and i like this game and had a good guy.......and now im startin 2 hate it cause you banned me for no reason......and i was not breaking any of the rules.......and this other guy SonicMouse was calling me on and say stuff about me and my black family so really he is a raceist so he should have been the one to get kicked or banned not me........this game is no fair.

:D man i got banned 4 the stupidest thing and i like this game and had a good guy.......and now im startin 2 hate it cause you banned me for no reason......and i was not breaking any of the rules.......and this other guy SonicMouse was calling me on and say stuff about me and my black family so really he is a raceist so he should have been the one to get kicked or banned not me........this game is no fair and i promise i will follow the rules if you will give another chance....please :D

:D:D:( man i wish i could have 1 more chance at this game cause i really like it alot and i was doin sooo good and if u guyz will give me 1 more chance i promise that i will not mess it up and will be good for the rest of the time i play dis...........please just 1 more chance and that is all i ask for............plz :(:(:(

He got banned because he was saying some pretty nasty things in open chat. When I asked him who he was talking to he told me to stfu. He then turned his verbal attacks to me. I asked him if he wanted banned and he said yes. I obliged him.

I was going to post the log but it's scrambled. Perhaps sonicmouse would be so kind as to post his log.

I never ban anyone without a good reason. Shadow_Demon_X needs to figure out who has what authority before he smut talks people.

Shadow_Demon_X also owes me an apology for what he said about my mother and father..... :shock: