Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Astrology test

We need quite a few people on the test server to test the astrology implementation.

Please do NOT come to test if you do not understand what I am going to explain! If you come to test anyway, and you ask questions already explained here, you will be banned from the test server.

So here is the deal:

So far, I implemented the modifiers for the following things:

1. Attack and Defense skills*

2. Chance to hit.

3. Chance to damage.

4. Accuracy.**

5. Chance to degrade items during fight and during the manufacturing process (lost tools).

* those bonuses do not appear in your stats, and do not influence the exp or the right to fight in fight arenas. The bonus is from the BASE attack, so potions or blessings or spells will not influence this bonus.

** the accuracy bonus is based on your attack level; the higher the level, the more bonus you get, capped at 5 or so.

Bonuses are relatively small, ranging from -10% to 10%, some more, some less. They can be both negative and positive, based on planets movement.

There is a testing command (which will be removed after we are done testing): #da

This command will print your sign (1-12), and each modifier, in the range from 0 to 180. The further from 0, the less. 90 is neutral, so when a modifier is near 90 it will act as it did before the astrology system was implemented. As the modifier goes towards 180, the bonus becomes negative.

For the time being, animals and monsters have no bonuses of their own (the astrology system does not apply to them). This might change in the future.

The sign of each person is between 1 and 12, and it is random. The sign does not change. On the main server, you might want to keep your sign a secret, because a smart enemy can figure your current bonuses if they figure out the astrology system (which is something we encourage the players to do). However, on the test server, it is a good idea to tell your test partner about your sign and current bonuses, so that you can see if everything works as it should.

Testing will consist in lots of fights, and see if the bonuses work as expected, based on the information presented so far. If you have a question about something not addressed here, please ask. But if the question has been addressed, then we have a problem.

Please post about any findings here (both negative and positive).

Yesterday we had just a few people testing this system. I strongly encourage you to come and test it more, because in a few days it will go on to the main server, and it is in your best interest to have a working system without any bugs. Because if I get any complaints about issues with it, when it is on the main server (like OMG, I lost all my items to a rabbit), I will not give you any compensation for it.

And if you have any pertinent question that has not been addressed here, feel free to ask.

During the first blue chat announcement, fighters were called for. I do not consider myself a fighter, therefore I did not go. I also have a tendency to not quite get the gist of the more technical aspects of the game, so I do not attempt to interfere, and possibly incur teh wrath of teh god. Today, again, fighters were called for. According to the posts, the needed number of testers did not show. Yet the changes made will affect everyone, not just fighters.

When a request is made for fighters on the test server to test something involving chances and modifiers and such, with references made to testing partners, which implies pk / pvp, the average hunter, out only for animal drops, excludes themselves.

Hunters will be affected by this change, as will mixers. (tools degrading)

My main concern is... if fighters do not participate enough, then the lower level hunters and also mixers are affected if the system enters the main server with bugs. Yet the statement was made that compensation for bug errors will NOT be made.

Is there a way to include others to test, possibly stating in layman's terms what you are specifically looking for?

During the first blue chat announcement, fighters were called for. I do not consider myself a fighter, therefore I did not go. I also have a tendency to not quite get the gist of the more technical aspects of the game, so I do not attempt to interfere, and possibly incur teh wrath of teh god. Today, again, fighters were called for. According to the posts, the needed number of testers did not show. Yet the changes made will affect everyone, not just fighters.

When a request is made for fighters on the test server to test something involving chances and modifiers and such, with references made to testing partners, which implies pk / pvp, the average hunter, out only for animal drops, excludes themselves.

Hunters will be affected by this change, as will mixers. (tools degrading)

My main concern is... if fighters do not participate enough, then the lower level hunters and also mixers are affected if the system enters the main server with bugs. Yet the statement was made that compensation for bug errors will NOT be made.

Is there a way to include others to test, possibly stating in layman's terms what you are specifically looking for?

[03:45:29] radu: not implemented either (harvesting)

[03:45:33] radu: we need to test the fight first

[03:45:38] radu: then we mplement and test the rest

This command will print your sign (1-12),

Curious.. could this be a bug if my sign is 13? Since according to you, only 1-12 exist?

Which btw.. I must be VERY unlucky.. to get that number :/

#EDIT;

Another bug which has nothing to do with this.. but I just noticed;

when I use the "restoration" spell I get disconnected from the test server.

edit:it was because i didn't have sigils for last 3 spells in test server :happy: i think xD

I confirm that I do not have the sigils for restore on test server

Edited by Lexi

Yesterday we had just a few people testing this system. I strongly encourage you to come and test it more, because in a few days it will go on to the main server, and it is in your best interest to have a working system without any bugs. Because if I get any complaints about issues with it, when it is on the main server (like OMG, I lost all my items to a rabbit), I will not give you any compensation for it.

And if you have any pertinent question that has not been addressed here, feel free to ask.

[03:45:29] radu: not implemented either (harvesting)

[03:45:33] radu: we need to test the fight first

[03:45:38] radu: then we mplement and test the rest

Thank you Marwen, for validating my concern.

What do you mean validate your concern?

BTW fighter means someone who FIGHTS (a lot). I did not specify what kind of fights, did I?

Curious.. could this be a bug if my sign is 13? Since according to you, only 1-12 exist?

Which btw.. I must be VERY unlucky.. to get that number :/

Yep, that was a bug, thanks for reporting it!

I just experimented a little on the test server (starting from date= 29th Zartia 0012, time= 05:32:29) :

- can confirm the 13th sign bug, got it as Lexi did;

- I also noticed that two of the values reported by the #da command were negative, if I understood the system correctly this shouldn't happen; the values are acc -44 att -22;

- all other (positive) values go from 8 to 83 (which would lead to believe that the values go from -90 to +90 instead of 0 to 180 ... but it ain't so :);

- I typed #da several times and the situation wasn't always as described above, f.i.

date= 29th Zartia 0012, time= 05:50:34

make rare 31, harvest rare 91, degrade 15, magic 70, acc -39, att -17, def 28, to hit 32, to damage 77

as you can see harvest rare is above 90, it was raising from previous values and was 93 a little time after that;

- restoration spell didn't cause any problem;

That's it for now, hope it helps.

Rehdon

Edited by Rehdon

That happens because your sign is 13, which is invalid and shouldn't happen. I will restart the test server later today with a fix, and also copy the chars from the main server to avoid the 13th sign problem.

I did some testings today with the Astrology :D

My modifiers looked like that:

astrologytest_1.jpg

Test time was about 30 minutes, maybe little less.

I checked fighing vs:

forest chim-gave me around 8k oa exp with attack god, even tho i had big att+/dmg+/acc+ modifiers i still had 4 missed hits in a row on it( moon med+tit set barehanded a134d143p52c96)

fluffy- died in few hits ;)

several yetis barehanded, with bone, gang of yetis using bone too :P

2xyetigang-1.jpg

- up to 17k oa exp from each yeti barehanded, 7 restores( changed tit greaves& cuisses for steel coz needed more armor)

-with bone its up to 5 restores per yeti( i hit every or almost every time)

I had only 96 coord so about 20 less than its needed for them currently( stats from few months ago with n00b oa lvl, fresh reseted ;)

killled also several arctic chimerans with thermal -very easy to kill even tho they got 5 more a/d from yetis, i was able to kill 2 chims w/o needing to restore.

Astrology works very fine from what i saw, at least for me :P

I will try to test more after update of player stats so i can take different (more?)p/c.

I hope i helped a little :)

mp

forest chim-gave me around 8k oa exp with attack god, even tho i had big att+/dmg+/acc+ modifiers i still had 4 missed hits in a row on it( moon med+tit set barehanded a134d143p52c96)

I REALLY think you should reread my original post..

I REALLY think you should reread my original post..

I did, and i also stated that to make u sure it works like u planned it.

Bonuses from astrology r not that big, even if they r at their maximum or close to maximum.

Fighting that forest chim i had even more hit/attack bonus and even less def bonus than on the screen and it was almost same to the time when astrology was not implemented on test server.

So exactly like u posted in ur original post - small bonus.

mp

Ok, just making sure you understand how they work, because your post seemd to imply that the astrology gave you a big attack bonus.

But I think it needs more testing, because luck always plays a role.

Its very big bonus/penalty, with att/def/acc modifiers close to 0 I killed omg w/o problems, with all modifiers close to 180 I didnt hit him once (he is +6 sign, so diference was ~10 a/d/acc)

Will there be a way to aviod this system? like a weekly fee if we dont want to participate.....

i mean in RL if you choose to read youre horoscope then you tend to incorporate it into youre life, i just feel people should have a choice if they want to participate , this shouldnt be forced upon people....

.it isnt fair to make peoples a/d a crap shoot

I tried it on the test server and I feel the penalties are extreme. Why would you implement something that will cause people to log off when they get a bad sign? or even worse, a bad sign on a bad day?