Eternal Lands Official Forums
Garnoo

PKing

How do you prefer to PK?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer to PK?

• As it is now (people kill others and get drops or not)
    • No Drops (you kill someone and you get no drop but you don't drop anything either)
    • Other (please explain)

I wish the game went back to the old days like 2 years ago when there were no rosts, col, bod and all these other bad things added to the game. When i first played this game is was the best over half the ppl playing would pk and u would always get drops. But now its gone to shit house and no1 pks. I still like this game but like every update to the game it seems to get crapper to me. If u were playing around 2 years ago u would know the old days of the game were the greatest and will always be.

We can wish what we want, but PK is fine now. The bad thing is when you have a decent account who can kill pplz then u lose it cuz u did something dee-dee-dee :/ then you just don't do much of anything... I bet i'm not the only 1 whot hinks that!

But unless u got no life or pr0 money makz0r it's hard to get good gear etc etc... especially for those of us who don't have lots of game time :/

So in the same post u say pk is fine and1 sentence after that unless u play really a lot or/and invest big amount of real money u cant pk.

Those two points r opposite lol, plz decide? :P

mp

PK is kinda dead because people care more about training now than before, and it will continue going that way because everyone keep saying "pk is dead" and no one actually goes to pk. Even if they go to kf for example, they see it's empty so they just go back to training instead of maybe waiting a bit there like people used to do before. One reason for pk being not so active is that there are much more pk maps than before :P

I'm so curious will it work and how many people will go and fight there :P If won't plz Mr. Radu (;p) try make map where u never lost items (like in no drop day :fire: ) and u can't brake any item ;p But now i'm voting for SK :)

Ekhm i talk about this idea for about hmmm 6-7 months :D No chance to have it in game ;(

I'm so curious will it work and how many people will go and fight there :P If won't plz Mr. Radu (;p) try make map where u never lost items (like in no drop day :fire: ) and u can't brake any item ;p But now i'm voting for SK :)

Ekhm i talk about this idea for about hmmm 6-7 months :D No chance to have it in game ;(

Hmm, map where you don't drop items .... maybe ... but maps where you can't break items ... lol higher chance for me to get a date with Liv Tyler than getting that implemented :)

yeh..and ent once promised to give us 1 no rosto day a weekend...

cant u make it 1 no drop a week or even more to try that out?

I gave you the no rostogol map, and is not like it's very used, so there is no point for a no rost day a week.

it probaly wont change anything but the devs care what people say they just cant cater to everyones ideas. but in some divine chance that someone is listening and something will change... i think there should be just like 1 no drop pk zone but you don't get exp there so that way nobody trains there. :P

As you can see, for the time being most of the players like it as it is now (according to this poll).

Maybe we should just make a PK day, where people just go and PK instead of complaining on the forum how the PK is so dead. Put your money where your mouth is, and agree for such a day, then go to KF (or wherever else you want) and fight.

PK is kinda dead because people care more about training now than before, and it will continue going that way because everyone keep saying "pk is dead" and no one actually goes to pk. Even if they go to kf for example, they see it's empty so they just go back to training instead of maybe waiting a bit there like people used to do before. One reason for pk being not so active is that there are much more pk maps than before :P

Reason I don't pk is that I can't train now because ROT is no rosto and yeti is stronger, so I'm busy getting hydro to work with the other skills.

And as far as I know have many stopped training.

Make a reason to not train all the time, in like a cap or something. I find myself not able to to train cause xp I get is very low, so I pk. But all that time before I trained fluffy with low a/d and got crazy xp...

If people are progressing so easy and fast, theyll wailt with spending pp, and pump a/d before pk, at least thats what I did.

A/d/oa are free, as long as you get xp, in the unlimited.

Make some cap for a/d/(oa), and higher the cap when I certain amount of players reached it or something.

Dont know how to really ;D so difficult ;D

I am unsure, if the people should be capped in any skill whatsoever, just before they don't want to PK. This is a classless game, nobody is forced into one particular skill. But I agree that my remark won't solve that too.

There has to be "some" elegant way how to revive PKing, unfortunately, we must find it first.

I still remember there was some idea about "rostogol activation" with gold coins. And when you kill someone with a rostogol, they will drop the money that was "in" their rostogol.

Personally I thought that was a cool idea, but yea. I dunno.

-Blee

Yeah, so the precious expensive items are not lost to opponent, but the effort in killing is appreciated by amount of gold coins, put in the rostogol.

There was also another idea, that rostogol should protect only equipment slots. I think that this could be much easier to implement, but then again, it's bit "inconvenient" and may farther prevent people from going to PK.

EDIT: I just came up with an idea to combine the two ways, mentioned previously.

Let's have a simple rostogol, which will only protect the equipment slots. If the player wants to protect the whole inventory, he would have to imbue it with certain amount of gold coins (few kgc, just to motivate them to imbue), which would be dropped after a player's death. Let's say that not the whole amount is dropped, but for example only 75% as the last quarter goes on transfiguration of rostogol.

Edited by Khalai

I gave you the no rostogol map, and is not like it's very used, so there is no point for a no rost day a week.

please go into tyrnim and try to pk when you have 5 chims around and ur a/d is lower than 100.

please go into tyrnim and try to pk when you have 5 chims around and ur a/d is lower than 100.

what people really want is a NO DROP map , i hear PL map has a no drop area in their pk / pvp place....

I think a NO drop map would seriously increase Pk activity, why not try it, if it dont work remove it

yeh..and ent once promised to give us 1 no rosto day a weekend...

cant u make it 1 no drop a week or even more to try that out?

I don't see how that can be justified?

No drops and No rosts? No drops means you don't drop anything, but if I were to go to the no rostos map I would get owned and lose the stuff I brought. How is this the same?

I pk my ass off during the days I am logged on during no drops days, and yet I still have not stepped a foot on Tirnym because I don't have much money to lose because rostos don't work.

Edited by Saint

I dont really understand your pk day suggestions o,0

you want to do a day where only pking is possible? gah

plx explain to mere me... :):)

So, how about my suggestion?

I dont really understand your pk day suggestions o,0

you want to do a day where only pking is possible? gah

plx explain to mere me... :):)

Ent is trying to say as far i understand it that we should pick one day per week, every 15 days or once per month and not train, mix, harv or whatever and only do pk.

Ent is trying to say as far i understand it that we should pick one day per week, every 15 days or once per month and not train, mix, harv or whatever and only do pk.

Exactly.

There is a saying: "Become the change you seek". So instead of complaining, pick a day and a hour together, and go PK. It doesn't have to be a whole day, just an hour ot two.

Exactly.

There is a saying: "Become the change you seek". So instead of complaining, pick a day and a hour together, and go PK. It doesn't have to be a whole day, just an hour ot two.

Have a planned pk day/no drop day?

As was said before, since there are many maps location would be fixed by this problem, and also the fact that alot of people would be pking could help to... For some of us this is not the problem, thats where the no drop day comes into play.

The server death counter would show a mass difference if we had a no drop day the same day It would help those who don't have the sufficient level to pk well, but they wouldn't lose anything if they gave their best and tried.

IMO :)

Edited by Saint

Have a planned pk day/no drop day?

As was said before, since there are many maps location would be fixed by this problem, and also the fact that alot of people would be pking could help to... For some of us this is not the problem, thats where the no drop day comes into play.

The server death counter would show a mass difference if we had a no drop day the same day It would help those who don't have the sufficient level to pk well, but they wouldn't lose anything if they gave their best and tried.

IMO :)

Are you just trying to piss me off, or you just don't get it?

I don't PK because I'm sure I would get my butt owned.

I won't partner PK (fight almost to death) because I don't trust people fpr the most part, and don't think it would really be worth any more XP, simply not worth the risk.

I would be cool to have an occasional PK day where your death bagged could not be picked up, and you got an XP bonus on top of any god bonus for participating.

Wait.. we already have a no mixing, a no harvesting, and a no fighting day

Why make another day where EVERYONE is forced to fight? This is truely not fair to mixers... :)