Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

So how are they working now - Part 1

Actually, if I knew that someone is buying 50 tickets, I'd be more inclined to play, because if I lose, I lose 5K, but if I win, I win a lot.

He serves a tremendous point :icon13:

Another great idea IMO is that i will go around taverns and storages from time to time and gather the money ppl intend to buy lottery tickets with.

And i'll make sure the cash reaches a safe place, nobody has to walk :)

Edited by Form_

The Lottery Mule! That's a good idea, I go get you very good ticket. Sure to win! You give me 10% for my trouble. :confused:

I would buy tickets if the price went down some, I'm still saving up for book money as a priority. Won't be long before the books get expensive and take longer to read, then I can buy a ticket or two!

I'm not willing to spend more than 5k a week on a lottery, if at all, and I'm not going to play when it looks like someone might be buying 10 or 20 or 40 tickets opposed to my 1.

You of course realize that your odds of winning with your one ticket are exactly the same if 40 people buy one ticket each or 1 person buys 40 tickets. The only things that change your odds is the total number of tickets sold and the number you buy.

Yes, I realize that the chance for each individual TICKET is the same, no matter how many tickets each person buys. But there's an additive chance too. If you don't believe me, look at the recent Leukemia prize drawings. One person bought a lot more tickets (meaning, donated a substantial amount of real life money) and she won 7 prizes as opposed to 2 at the most for anyone else. (She deserved to win them, don't get me wrong). But instead of just trying to find fault with my suggestion I'd like to see you or someone else give me a real reason why it wouldn't be worth at least trying it for a while.

lilbear