Eternal Lands Official Forums
bkc56

So how are they working now - Part 1

Now that it's been in game for a number of months, I was wondering what people think of the EL Lottery? The last couple drawings I've been on-line for have been under 100K (the last one was 36K). It appears that interest and participation is falling off.

So why aren't people playing anymore? If it was such a great idea when it was started, why isn't it anymore? Is there anything that can be done to revitalize it, or is it destined to simply fade away?

I never played it since i dont belive in my luck after my drops/break rate i experienced, but i know many ppl who actually bought 1 or several tickets in few 1st weeks of el lotrery.

They stopped to do that at the time when there was Learner/Lunchbox winning strike, for unknown reasons :)

mp

The el lottery was a great idea. But usually players forget to play. What if a scroll message can remind us to play? 1-2 messages per hour maybe?

(Of course i don't mean a personal message)

To be honest, I didn't monitor the lottery lately. I will ask scafativ to send me a list with all the recent wins, to see how much people bet.

The most obious way to make people play more is to put the NPC somewhere else, say, in VOTD.

Maybe there could be another contest with an extra prize added on top of the winner his money prize of the lottery? I know the 2 times that happened, the prize went over 2mill and 3mill gc, right?

-Blee

The 'unknown' reasons are simple: They played a lot, and bought LOTS of tickets.

With "unknown reasons" i meant reasons why players stopped playing eL lottery, i perfectly understand that Learner and Lunchbox have invested crazy amounts of gc and there is nothing wrong with it :)

mp

Guest ohmygod

I dont buy tickets cause too far to go to buy them.

Maybe have an option for storage npc to sell tickets i go to storage a lot.

I'm too lazy to go there, too far from everything :)

Same here, and when I am in the neighborhood I don't have money with me :pinch: I remember the lottery NPC going to Grahm's village specifically to add traffic to that area, perhaps a new location could be chosen in the same spirit (VotD is already crowded, maybe a spot in Tarsengaard would work better, there are plenty of unused houses there).

To be honest, I didn't monitor the lottery lately. I will ask scafativ to send me a list with all the recent wins, to see how much people bet.

The most obious way to make people play more is to put the NPC somewhere else, say, in VOTD.

Could there not be one on C2 as well? I only go to C1 for The Wraith and the occasional Mercury run for fun. Perhaps there could even be a slightly different lottery for C2, such as higher stakes/increased ticket cost, for a greater reward (not just GC, but items too).

Edited by Placid

The reason alot of people did is because of what CEL and Daxon(?) I think added. Prizes, insted of the GC. Maybe that could also happen? For example, every 200k prize is added, the winner would get 1 EFE (Or any other Item). Just gives that lil extra reason to do it.

I've done it a couple of times, but I have stopped. Because I usually forget about it being there. ;) So moving it to Votd or somewhere a lil' more accessable would be a good idea.

Is there any reason we can't have more than one NPC for the lottery, maybe sprinkle a few around but at least one on C1 and one on C2 would be nice.

i didnt play it cuz i dont wanna loose 5k lol ;) im poor

Nah, the only reason it was so popular when it first started was the curiousity, the enourmous amount of advertising on forums, and the fact that everybody was adding extra prizes to it, then people would always loose and get pissed and never wana play again...

How can u solve this, 3 easy steps.

1: yeah placing old tomburlo w/e in votd would be much more convinient.

2: add a 2nd and 3rd place prize as well so that their is always more than one winner, (higher chances to win)

3: an automatic advertising over the global chat message a few times a day wouldn't hurt just to remind people about it.

ps. havnt been on in a long while so hey everybody..

Wait wait..I've gained my voice and got an ub0r suggestion!!!!!11 why don't we put ALL NPC's and all monsters around VOTD so we never have to move or go anywhere else! it'll be so convenient then! :wub:

...for those who don't GET IT...we put NPC's etc in different maps to give maps some FOCAL POINTS! Yes you need to walk! It's not going to change for you lazy asses out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGHGHGHGHGHGHGH........... :)

Traveling is a part of the game. If you don't like it, well, then don't go.

Wait wait..I've gained my voice and got an ub0r suggestion!!!!!11 why don't we put ALL NPC's and all monsters around VOTD so we never have to move or go anywhere else! it'll be so convenient then! :wub:

...for those who don't GET IT...we put NPC's etc in different maps to give maps some FOCAL POINTS! Yes you need to walk! It's not going to change for you lazy asses out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGGHGHGHGHGHGHGH........... :)

Traveling is a part of the game. If you don't like it, well, then don't go.

Or simply teleport :doze:

I simply haven't played the lottery for months now because I have the worst luck when it comes to winning stuff.

The most I have ever won with the most value anyway was a bike in 4th grade, lol...Long time ago.

Maybe someday when I'm feeling really reckless I'll go throw all my money into the pot and see someone else win it :wub:

**sigh* I depise White Stone... gosh...plus I am a c2 player, RARELY ever set foot on c1 until recently.

Also... 5k may be a bit much.. but I dunno. To me, losing 5k is like the death of a close family member :wub:

Maybe someday when I'm feeling really reckless I'll go throw all my money into the pot and see someone else win it :)

You never know. :wub: