Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vartican

just some ideas

ok ive been playing a different game for a while now and have noticed a few things that could be adapted to EL :wink:

1.karma sytem.

ok ent i know you already said something about implementing something like this but the way ive seen to work it best would be that characters all start at neutral karma 0.you would get say 1k negative karma for killing someone with positive karma and gain karma for killing someone with negative.but there would need to be some kind of additional 'downside' to having negative karma,like say an increased chance of losing items when you die or something.

2.treasure system.

this one seemed to be very good to me :wink:

ok it would probably need a new skill like lockpicking/unlocking or something.something like random chests that spawn in random places on ALL maps.there would be different level chests with varying contents to each type.i.e level 1 would contains 20 food,some essences, a random low level weapon/armor.to open the chests could either be skill based or from keys dropped from monsters(each key would be assigned to each chest if you want to make it more difficult and add buying/selling to the matter :( )

ok i'll add more soon

what do you think?

Karma would be nice less evil pk'ers *stares at CO* As for chests..that was suggested forever ago (doubt anyone remembers..) and is still a great idea that I wish would be added so I say..yay chests! :(

yes, but not if chests are added like something else to mine... its the magical platinum tree. come and see it noobs, its in kilarin fields

Ooooohhh... beautiful idea, A Karma System !!!

i love it !

gods could kick you or not accept you in the beginning, if your Karma is too bad/good, and NPCs could treat you different...ohhh...this would be great ! And there could be good/bad animals/monsters, and mebbe attack or not depending on your karma...well that's prolly to hard to implement but boy would it be cool.

and we could have certain NPCs that train you karmawise but accept you only when you go in the right (their) direction...

cool idea Vart !

no the idea of chests is to add variation so you wouldnt have to sit and train skills all day. you could go out and hunt for treasure :(

yea and we can have tombs and stuff!!! yippeeeeee

PS. vart!!! where the fuck have you been! i made you these freaking pots and then i dont see you for a week ><

ty leeloo  :wink:  

you know i cant stay away from el for too long lol

You can't stay away from Jen for too long :P

Karma would be nice less evil pk'ers *stares at CO* As for chests..that was suggested forever ago (doubt anyone remembers..) and is still a great idea that I wish would be added so I say..yay chests!  :D

Neah, because the morons should get lower karma everytime they are #tmth'ed or #boot'ed, so there would be enough people to kill. And after killing all the morons, NeXt and Crus would be +120 karma, and have no problem killing some other people just to lower it a bit.

chests gives me an idea maybe make it so there is an infinite chest that you is available to everyone so charitable ppl can deposit some stuff in there and the next time someone comes there and can take stuff out of it also that makes it so ppl that don't need something can deposit it there and someone else can come along and take it

I was hoping that the guild halls would have a storage locker or whatever that the guild members could share. Whether it looks like a chest or like a servant, it would act like the storage guys do.

aero its a good idea but you know some greedy git will come along and empty the chest everytime someone puts something in :?

Ok a fun way and something to draw money out of the game. Allow people to buy chests for whatever price you think is good and let them put stuff inside them and drop them. Then people can walk around till they find the chest and open it and get the prize. This would work wonders so instead of people having to hide in Manhunts they could just drop the chest. Maybe so that everyone doesnt go around buying chest make them expencive but reuseable. Like after a person find the chest it returns to its former owner if this is possible. The only other thing would be only special community people like the ones that are suppost to be hold events all the time, to be able to make the chest that would keep the chest numbers down. I know my thoughts are going all over this post but im typing as they come in my head or ill forget.:wink:

Could probably work. Basically a non-disappearing bag, with a different model, but works the same. You drop the chest first and it looks like a chest instead of a bag, then drop items into the bag/chest. When someone takes all the items out, it disappears like a regular bag.

If we add treasures, then they will be burried, and you'd need some sort of metal detector device + a shovel.

As for the karma, that was the original idea, and it will be implemented, eventually, but not now.

you'd need some sort of metal detector device

Since Roja has said no to high tech models, should we just use an autistic kid with a forked stick? Or does that only work for finding water.

"Yes Jimmy, I know there's water there. That's why there's a well built on top of it, retard. Now find me some treasure!"