Eternal Lands Official Forums
magmatwister

Whats the best way of leveling up in magic?

:P I wish to level up my magic, but the only cigils i have are the ones for heal, and remote heal which are: global, health, increase. How can i possibly get to 30 or 40 magic without spending months??????? :P

Look at his siggy, it's from Guild Wars.

That's probably where he got it.

Can get to the maximum level quickly there rather easily.

-Blee

Look at his siggy, it's from Guild Wars.

That's probably where he got it.

Can get to the maximum level quickly there rather easily.

-Blee

Its not that easy to get to max in guild wars, and also, keep on topic please. Should i heal my way to higher levels, or should i go for higher spells

Magic is very expensive, which is the reason why its so time consuming.

Cast shield to level 21, at which level you can restore.

If you train attack/defence, use restore to heal and carry ~20 BRs+diss rings with you incase you fail restores. Either that or cast shield until magic level 35.

At level 35 use magic potions (this gives you 5 increase in magic for level 40 which is required to cast mana drain) and mana drain another player OR mana drain large spiders while carrying a sword. Magpielee of NUFC guild made a good mana drain guide http://www.freewebs.com/magpielee/tipsnhints.htm

Shield/restore/mana drain are all good spells to level to 40. Most people level to magic 49, at which level you quit failing restoration.

Shield to level 27, then Life Drain to level 40, then Mana Drain. Simple :P Maybe I put it too simple, but the essence is true, isn't it?

Its not that easy to get to max in guild wars, and also, keep on topic please. Should i heal my way to higher levels, or should i go for higher spells

It was on topic really, since I asked where you got the idea that it's even possible without spending months. My magic level is 59, and I've been playing for almost 2.5 years. Playing a lot that is.

Your magic level is still 0 - I just checked. You HAVE to start with the basic Heal spell. Magic has required levels, you can't just decide to work on higher ones.

Once you actually started it and got the first levels, you'll learn what spells are useful and good for training automatically. Just by playing and getting to know the game. Some spells hardly anyone uses, others are used a lot. Both in 'normal gameplay' as to level magic.

No, you won't use the basic heal spell until high levels. At least, I know of nobody who did. Very soon you'll be looking forward to level 21, when you can cast restore (very useful). Then you'll want a higher level so your restore won't fail that often :P

If you really want to lvl magic effiecently the best way is to see which spells give the best magic xp in a your amount of etheral. But if you want to lvl it this way its alot of wasted gc and time...

Btw, italics mean it gives more xp in the amount of mana than any previous (with mana drain being an exception).

Etheral 100

Heal: 100 xp

Remote Heal: 180 xp

Magic Prot: 300 xp

Sheild: 360 xp

Poison: 350 xp

TPTR: 390 xp

Harm:320 xp

Restoration: 380 xp

Bones to gold: 300 xp

TPTPR: 520 xp

Life Drain: 600 xp

Magic immunity: 330 xp

Heal Summon: 440 xp

Smite summon: 240 xp

Heat Sheild: 800 xp

Frost Sheild: 606 xp

Rad Sheild: 780 xp

Mana Drain: 1200 xp (and this also can be used with mana drain partners)

True Sight: 1500 xp

ICTP: 440

Invisibity: 1200 xp

If you are not godless get some bones(more than 100) and essences and go inside the temple of the summoning god. Start casting the shield spell or whatever. When u are out of mana click on the priest and do "bones to mana".

With 50 bones u can get 80 mana iirc.

This the fastest way to level up magic.(at your level)

1)If u are godless forget it.

2)You dont have to serve the summoning god to do it.

Edited by agis29

Alchemy + Magic are your friends. :) Magic God is also your friend. Theres a nice way to skip 30s, without having to spend many hours on Life Drain. :P But somethings are best kept secret. Also, try magic potions.

best way (and most efficient)

is shield till 21

restore till 27

life drain till 35

mana drain forever and ever :hug:

but thats only if you want to train it!

is shield till 21

restore till 27

life drain till 35

mana drain forever and ever :hug:

And use portal room as much as possible from level 24, saves a lot of time too.

is shield till 21

restore till 27

life drain till 35

mana drain forever and ever :hiya:

And use portal room as much as possible from level 24, saves a lot of time too.

of course, and use all the spells when needed (restoration when pking... etc)

Also a good idea is when you are manu/alch... etc (making anything while sat at sto!) Wear a fr cape and cast the highest experienced 'solo' spell you can cast (by solo I mean something you cast on yourself, unlike life drain/mana drain/... etc)

By doing this you can train magic while doing near everything!

plus tele to range accross large maps is faster :P

...and to expand upon the use of Shield spell:

everytime you are in CC mining/mixing, you can take along extra food and harv the ing's for essies (they're all there), cast shields constantly until you are mana tapped, let it regen then do it again. CoM helps a lot at this stage.

Alchemy + Magic are your friends. :) Magic God is also your friend. Theres a nice way to skip 30s, without having to spend many hours on Life Drain. :) But somethings are best kept secret. Also, try magic potions.

Thanks! I thought about this post a little bit and figured it out.

guys get REAL. Shield + fast heal spot on IP is the fastest most efficient spot for magic training. you don't life drain train, it's useless and dumb. Magic god = about same mage exp from shields for -8 mana cost less. also it's much cheaper in the long run. Once you hit 40 ur golden on mana drain train. But NEVER LD train NEVER mage pot up to mana drain train. useless dumb. NEVER restore your levels up unless it comes from constant fights. Other wise ur wasting etherality and money and time. I hit 21 mage in 2 hours on stricken not a big feat to do with a bit of knowledge and patience to cast.

#EDIT

Summoning god + bones = fast mana = fast mage training

Edited by Stricken

best magic training is now on small mana in tirnym, under 35 mag
He forgot to mention a few unimportant details:-
  • RoT is PK
  • Rostos won't work
  • At < 35 magic your restores will fail sooner than later.
  • He will be waiting for you! :P

Edited by EaglePrince

Hes still right though, it is the best place to level Magic, and potion if you take some ings. with no cooldown, you can just take 1 diss/tele and train for a while.

best magic training is now on small mana in tirnym, under 35 mag
He forgot to mention a few unimportant details:-
  • RoT is PK
  • Rostos won't work
  • At < 35 magic your restores will fail sooner than later.
  • He will be waiting for you! :P

• you have in inv 1 dis ring, 1 IP ring, 20 vials, 100 MtE (or LE), some vine/blue lupines and fruit so with 50% its 500gc lost when you die, if you die before you cast any spell
  • you have 10 sec before anyone can att you, included chims, so chim cant kill you near sign
  • you'll be very unlucky if you find there PKer
  • many players exp there mag/mix anything

Alchemy + Magic are your friends. :) Magic God is also your friend. Theres a nice way to skip 30s, without having to spend many hours on Life Drain. :) But somethings are best kept secret. Also, try magic potions.

Thanks! I thought about this post a little bit and figured it out.

You don't need bones to cast "bones to gold" spell.