Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

EMP weapon

Would you like one?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like one?

• Yes
    • No

hmm and if u r unlucky the first ring you click will break ure thermal and nmt in one shot...dont tellme this is impossible cous i know there is a chance

Alternatively, you can use 1K rings and not break anything important, and get killed many times in the process as well.

im just worried that pk will be nothing more then a few people running around naked with an inventory full of rings looking to break other peoples stuff....

LOL, Not just rings, i plan to just pk in leather and a orc slayer and BROD and my plan is to use tigers nonstop so people Can NOT dissengage combat and i will hit that ring as i branch them :P

if people are gonna use it on me im sure gonna use it on them to a point that I deserve them to use it on me. :fire:

woow, it looks like I'll finaly collect all death messages in game with your name, I changed my mind, I vote yes :)

I havent voted yet, coz i havent made up my mind, but what sounds fishy for me is, that an item, worth 300-400gc is able to destroy stuff (if youre really unlucky) worth a million of gc.

Like NMT cape, magic swords, armor and so on.

Making it more expensive, lets say, ingreds for at least 10 or 20k gc, would make more sense for me.

Just my 2 cents right now :P

Piper

You mean like a 200 gc iron sword can destroy a thermal serp?

Yes, it depends on the chance, of course, to destory the thermal serp.

If its the same chance with your EMP bombs to destroy a NMT cape, for example, my concerns are gone :P

Piper

I voted no.

Will kill PK even more than now imo.

ditto.

EDIT: whatever the chance of it breaking items may be, either way, i think less people would be prepared to enter PK maps.

Edited by Korrode

I'm for this idea. The only thing that I would like to see is the chances of a rogstol stone breaking increased. If it is increased, then just add a lengthier cool down to the Electro Magic Pulse item. If you people don't like taking chances, then why are you PKing anyways? By the way it sounds, the chances of an expensive item breaking are a little over of the chances of breaking when using it. Why not try out the idea for a while on some less expensive items, and then complain about it?

Entropy, you could still get prospected player opinion on possible items, without dealing with the nonsense you hate so very much.

Hand pick a group of current players whose opinions you respect as being fair. People you can trust not to give you the BS that derails every topic.

People that will think of the tweaks and possibilities, and, taking YOUR wants and ideas into consideration, be able to come up with a balanced final item for your approval. Make a separate private section of the forum (like bot-owners) for this community players team for you to present your thoughts and ideas to them without the automatic judgement you get from some here.

I apologize if this is out of line, just a suggestion to hopefully meet the wants of all parties.

There were some previous attempts to do that (some EL council), but for various reasons it didn't work.

The idea was to have all the players in a trade (alchemy, mages, summoners, PKers, etc.) vote for a representative which would vote for them all on important decisions.

I still think Shallara's idea is the best, if you are indeed intent on gauging player opinion, which as you mention, is an advantage that EL has over other games. I'm not sure having the player base vote on representatives is the best way to select these "council" members, but a private forum with 20 or so such "council" members for feedback seems very attractive...and the idea to include all trades is very important as well. I don't know why it didn't succeed earlier, but perhaps re-thinking it may be in order?

I would say no for a few/group of players having "preleased" info about incoming items,updates etc. Either keep open for everybody like now or closed.