Entropy

EMP weapon

Would you like one?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like one?

• Yes
    • No

Here is the deal:

I would like to add a special item, made by the engineers, that would cost in the 200-300 gc range to make.

This item will be similar to a ring (one use), and will send out a destructive magic pulse that has a square attenuation (the further it goes, the less powerful it is).

Anyone caught in this field (up to maybe 10 tiles), including the caster, will have a chance to lose one or more magic items from their inventory (doesn't matter if they are worn or not).

This item will only be usable in PK.

Items affected are:

1. Special weapons and armors (those with special effects)

2. All the capes that do something, including NMT.

3. Rostogol stones, binding stones, enriched essences (don't carry those in combat, except for the rostos).

4. Magic swords (the glowy ones).

5. Hyperspace keys, land mines, night vision equipment.

The chance for an item to be affected is inverse proportional to the distance and their value. So a NMT or thermal serp will be harder to destroy than, say, a night vision equipment. The rostos will be easier to affect, but not too easy.

So, what do we think?

And I hope you read it all before you vote or comment, because if you ask about an issue that has been already addressed here, you will get suspended fromt he forums.

I don't think it would be used much if it affects the caster also. But that's just what I forsee.

**waiting for more opinions before voting...*

By will have a chance to lose one or more magic items from their inventory, do you mean the item would be dropped or destroyed? From the rest of your post, you seem to mean the item would be destroyed. However, I just wanted to clarify.

I am undecided about this....

despite that, I think that the price should be higher somewhere in the low ks, ie 1k-3k...

this would stop people spamming them so much!!

I also think they should be made non-stackable! :D

EDIT:

I don't think it would be used much if it affects the caster also. But that's just what I forsee.

I think we will see a lot of people running in naked and casting these then running out...

Edited by Rockfall

I voted no, would vote yes if it didnt effect rostogols. And would like to see a medalion that could be worn to negate the effect, or a 50% chance to negate.

Jumpy

what if the caster is wearing leathers? the point of this item is to encourage people to use cheaper equipment in PK, to level the field a bit, but give an advantage to those who are willing to take risks with their expensive gear.

Edited by extrapolation

It can be used at first attack? I mean if the attacker using invpot or inv spell and attacks with this item first.

Btw 200-300gc isn't too cheap for items like this?

Just another idea: maybe it can be usable only for high lvl engineers, like landmines and other eng stuffs?

Edited by csiga

May need a bit of tweaking (but I assume that you know that already ;-)

Could bring some life/danger/uncertainty back to PK.

I don't PK that often so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

sounds like a brod for nubs that cant afford one :S i can seriously imagine people just annoying stronger players by casting a couple around them, maybe breaking a therm or nmt :S

Yes please.

More broken items means more stuff for the mixers to sell - advantage for the mixers.

More broken rosto's means more drops - advantage for the PKers.

Everyone wins, perhaps.

EDIT:

sounds like a brod for nubs that cant afford one :S i can seriously imagine people just annoying stronger players by casting a couple around them, maybe breaking a therm or nmt :S

Isn't the brod a 'nubb' weapon anyway - can't fight the person properly, so brod just to destroy their gear?

I can also imagine some seriously pissed off PKers with broken gear because of lower level players :D

Edited by Matty27

Sounds fun to me.

Perhaps it should just remove the magic & leave you with a non-magical item.

therm serp into serp

rosto into polished diamond

NMT cape into fur cape

Well, you get the idea.

300gc brod? that you don't need to engage anyone with, with no defense? Oo

I see an immediate abuse. Get one of these items (sans armor and weapons) kamikaze

into an arena and use, die. return with another, repeat.

Do Crowns count as special armors? (I didnt see it listed)

[edit]

I can't see now paying $90 for a therm serp when a kamikaze alt with a 300gc item, pops it like a grape

[/edit]

Edited by robotbob

Hmmmm want to think about this.... first gut reaction was it's crazy. Second though was well the mecury harvesters will have a way of screwing with fighters.

First idea I had is also what Rockfall said. On the other hand I don't know if raising the price of that thing would be a great idea. After all you're risking your own magic items too when using it, not to mention you got a higher chance of losing stuff then anyone as you are the center of where the pulse starts.

Just opening discussion on that part, I don't have much more to say about it atm. Still need to think it through more.

-Blee

that sounds like an massive brod for poor ppl o,0 i mean.. i could just stock up on invi pots now, then getting

a couple of this and piss all el off on me with invi emping em then tele away..

I dont think its a good idea tbh.. i can understannd tho to search for ways getting items out of the game as

well but i cant see the point where this here is the right way. i DID read that its still quite hard to get an item

of a player but if its cheap like you mentioned it you can really just get massive amounts o,0 only point would be if it has huge cooldown maybe.

Still dont know what to think about.. i will wait for some further comments before i post.. maybe someone

posts someone i didnt see on the first look

Sounds fun to me.

Perhaps it should just remove the magic & leave you with a non-magical item.

therm serp into serp

rosto into polished diamond

NMT cape into fur cape

Well, you get the idea.

sorry to make a second post but that's basically the exact same as destroying the item, a fur cape compared to a nmt is worth nothing.

Guest Mistress_Grue

I dont like it. There are too many things that are getting out of the medieval environment in this game, like the landmines. Keep it simple.

"I think we will see a lot of people running in naked and casting these then running out..."

Yes... that's true, why didn't I think of that? 0.o (non sarcasim btw).

"what if the caster is wearing leathers? the point of this item is to encourage people to use cheaper equipment in PK, to level the field a bit, but give an advantage to those who are willing to take risks with their expensive gear."

I do like the idea with this concept.