Eternal Lands Official Forums
ShYne

Server down or my internet?

Hello Everyone!

As I have stated before, the problem seems to be with the At&t routers, which are used by other companies as well.

Notice that the request times out AFTER it goes to above.net. The tech guys from Above.net SHOULD be speaking with the guys at At&t. They might need a bit more.... persuading, perhaps?

I'm in Arlington, Texas, and using At&t, previously SBCglobal.

have fun with real life while no EL!

Might think about giving up :D

Key words : Routers at are OWNed by At&t, but USED by many other companies.

Edited by Lyrendeile

I had the same problem yesterday. I was playing, then it went down and would not connect to server. It was that way for many hours. I was able to get back on this morning, but about the same time as yesterday, it went down again. I live in Washington state and use Comcast cable (if that helps you at all. ) Thanks!

Hi everyone.

We're currently investigating from our (Europe) side with NeoTelecoms and Above.net and we have not found anything "not-normal" (yet).

To the people with connection problems : could you please PM me your IP address and ISP ?

It seems (I said "seems", we're currently investigating) the problem is on the US side, some big ISP (AT&T was mentionned in the thread) might have "lost" some IP blocks...

Thanks.

We are on comcast cable and IP is 71.226.107.21. We couldn't connect until around 4:30 Pm yesterday and went out again at 8:15am. Comcast said there is no problem on thier end either. Hope this helps.

Sorry for the Delay in getting this information posted I just got access to the boards. I have comcast business and spent over an hour on the phone with them in reguards to this issue. It seems that they can get through to the server. Through some testing with tier 2 support they seem to know it is an issue with IP routing and is affecting. Tier 2 stated almost as if it is a complete block of specific registered IP's. Heck I don't know all the stuff they were talking about.

They at first tried to say it was no issue on their end until I was able to prove to them that at their corporate headquarters they could trace through but I could not. They then went into 5 residential and 5 business modems to try and trace from those modems and got blocked at the same area.

Also forgot to mention that during all the traces they attempted it did go through ATT net at some point.

Comcast is researching it and will attempt to work with the appropriate people if it is a blanket block on ip's.

I am in Marysville PA. I have both static and dynamic ip's.

Edited by Banedon

Update from Europe.

I've sent the IPs to NeoTelecoms' support team.

Routes to these IPs are not correctly "learnt" by some of the routers.

They're now digging to find you if it's a "learning" problem (on our side) or an "announce" problem (on the end ISP side).

I'll give you more update ASAP.

Thanks.

Edited by Klug

Update from Europe.

I've sent the IPs to NeoTelecoms' support team.

Routes to these IPs are not correctly "learnt" by some of the routers.

They're now digging to find you if it's a "learning" problem (on our side) or an "announce" problem (on the end ISP side).

I'll give you more update ASAP.

Thanks.

TY so much klug for taking time out of your busy schedule to look into the issues at hand. We the above mentioned people that can't get on really appreciate your work towards this. Comcast is working on this on their end as well.

Update: I have updated my open ticket with comcast with your information above to see if they are willing to work through this. If you would like to pm me in forums I can give you open ticket number with comcast if it will in anyway assist in quickly remedying this situation.

Banedon

Prior of the Brotherhood of Bane.

Edited by Banedon

Any chance of using a proxy server to create an alternate route to the EL server? I have had a few classes in cisco networking but its all a little foggy for me, but if we can create a temporary alternate route we can all play the game we love while the problem is being solved.

Of course im sure the proxy would not help everyone, but im sure a few ppl could benefit from it.

If this is possible, does anyone know any proxy locations that would enable us to go around the faulty router?

Im in TX

Edited by Sepultura

Any chance of using a proxy server to create an alternate route to the EL server? I have had a few classes in cisco networking but its all a little foggy for me, but if we can create a temporary alternate route we can all play the game we love while the problem is being solved.

Of course im sure the proxy would not help everyone, but im sure a few ppl could benefit from it.

If this is possible, does anyone know any proxy locations that would enable us to go around the faulty router?

Im in TX i.p. Ip removed by banedon i think...

Just a note. People you would not give out your phone number or your address on the public forums, you should not give out your IP address it is like giving out your phone number/address. 99% of people are of good character on here. Even those that play evil characters are just playing. That 1 percent can cause havoc with your IP address.

Edited by Banedon

from what was read it is assumed the problem is AT&T related for most(?) but i have contacted my ISP, they wouldnt get specific (dunno why but they always get anal with me<.<), but said they dont run with them so that cant be the reason for me... unless they dont know what they are talkin about which it wouldnt be the first time... is there any progress on what the issue is or a way to get past it? got nothin to do for the next few hours and slowly goin nuts from boredom...

They can try all they want to do with my IP address, i have 3 firewalls running

with proper knowledge that wont be much help... as stated it would be best to just not give IPs... can lead to lose of characters, money (if banking or card info is stored on pc), and much more

I live in Wisconsin, have a satellite connection and have the same problem

I'm in Wisconsin as well.

Well, the problem seems to be with above.net again, and since it reoccurred exactly 24 hours later, they clearly didn't fix the root cause. I opened another ticket with them, referencing yesterday's tickets...

scaf

The latest from above.net:

Email_Message : Sir,

While there was a temporary fix in place yesterday, it turned out to cause more problems than it fixed. We are currently working with our peers to resolve the issue permanently.

This issue has been escalated to the Director of IP-Operations for resolution

Thank you.

Doug Ayen

Sr. IP Network Engineer

Abovenet NMC

You had two tickets open yesterday for the same problem:

20070814-182 and 20070814-183

I believe that someone named Jay from your NOC worked with AT&T to

resolve the issue yesterday.

The exact same problem has happened again exactly 24 hours later, so

clearly the root cause hasn't been found and mitigated. Please have a

look at this- it seems as though a good chunk of the US is unable to

access continental Europe due to the issue.

Thank you Banedon for using your time and knowledge with Comcast. Those in "withdrawl," let's try to stay calm :P

YVW I pay alot of money to them so they better be willing to work towards resolving it.. :P

I am posting from my sisters acct since the only email I have is yahoo.

But I am in Michigan and my Isp is comcast, and I cannot get on either.

Havoc_Hawk

Ok, since this seems to take a little bit longer, i started a proxy on my server.

To use it, do this:

Edit el.ini and change

#server_address = the-green-leaf.de

#server_port = 4711

Then save el.ini and pray that you can reach my server (start the EL client).

I have no idea how stable or performant that proxy is, so dont expect too much :P

Later, when the internet is up and running again, change it back to

#server_address = game.eternal-lands.com

#server_port = 2000

Piper

Thank you, Mr. Piper *smiles*,

However, is your server in the US? I believe our problem is the routing BACK through TO the US. I tried your nice suggestion. It didn't work for me. But thank you so much for trying! Perhaps it works for someone else?

Lyrendeile

Ok, since this seems to take a little bit longer, i started a proxy on my server.

To use it, do this:

Edit el.ini and change

#server_port = 4711

I have no idea how stable or performant that proxy is, so dont expect too much :P

#server_port = 2000

Piper

is working right now but very slow ty Piper

Thank you, Mr. Piper *smiles*,

However, is your server in the US? I believe our problem is the routing BACK through TO the US. I tried your nice suggestion. It didn't work for me. But thank you so much for trying! Perhaps it works for someone else?

AFAIK its located in germany. Anyways, the first player pmmed me already, so there is a chance that it works for some more too :P

Piper

To use it, do this:

Edit el.ini and change

#server_port = 4711

I have no idea how stable or performant that proxy is, so dont expect too much ;)

#server_port = 2000

Piper

Piper, I don't know how you did it, but THANK you so much!!

The proxy works for me :P *kisses piper's feet* do you want them waxed or bleached? :)

My respect for you has gone up 150% Oh and I'm that player you pmed him :D

Edited by ELVARG

ok what he did not tell you is that you owe him 10k gc/ hour that you use him to get to eternal lands. :P

The_piper's unofficial manager.

JK

Banedon

Edited by Banedon

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.