Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LevinMage

Will vs. Vitality

I have always heard that having pp's in Will is an advantage in pk, while Vitality is best to have for training a/d. Is this still the case, or has vitality been decided the clear cut winner for both training and pk?

vit wins.

16 will = 30 more health, 3 more exp in everything u do + mana.

16 vit = u get hit much lower (good for multicombat too) + mana + you summon good (80% chance that i summon 2 monsters instead of 1 with 20 vit.)

so... i will NEVER take will again, ill rather take more vitality since i often go kill dragons and so, also an advantage cause i get max. 43 hits (normal hits not crit)

16 vit = u get hit much lower (good for multicombat too) + mana + you summon good (80% chance that i summon 2 monsters instead of 1 with 20 vit.)

Does that work for the summon stones too?

dark :laugh:

yes

robotbob said it, and basicly summon stones were what i meant.

I must agree with tempest, vitality is better but on actual days u need at least 96 mana, so 20 vit is the best, cheap training and better for pk 1vs1 or multi

ill rather take more vitality since i often go kill dragons and so, also an advantage cause i get max. 43 hits (normal hits not crit)

So, since you took 16vital, which is 6+ Toughness, that means you can do Dragons better than you would with Will? I don't think there would be that much difference.

For training, I don't think there was much difference. For those who say Vital = Cheap training, err, it must have been relatively cheap to begin with. Doing 1-2 extra fluff/restore isnt that big of a deal IMO.

Also, I've done Yeti at 120a/d, 44/92 p/c. Once with Will, once with Vitality (16 of each), and, I saw no real difference (Both after the Yeti update). I think Vit/Will is just a matter of preference.

I agree with Ryo, it's down to what you choose, I always take Will, I prefer the exp bonus/hp bonus, rather than loosing 1-2 damage per hit.

I agree with Ryo, it's down to what you choose, I always take Will, I prefer the exp bonus/hp bonus, rather than loosing 1-2 damage per hit.

same here, always took will, and always will :D

wow i made a "jeu de mot" don't know how u call that in english :D ( will&will :D )

vit is better for MC than 30 more health tho :P

and yeh u kinda notice a dif if its 20 vit. didnt notice much with 16 either but 20 yeh.

will to 8 (its the only time u can spend 4 pp's and get 1 extra a/d exp, after that u always gotta spend 6)... and then yep i agree too, all vit!

Will:8 Vit:16 = nice imo

Will forever :P I have my own reasons for this :D

then why dont u share ur reasons prefering will then vit?

maybe cause dushan char was good summon lvl and did other stuff than only fighting?

i rly dont know but thats what i guess. :D

anyway i dont get why some ppl use 8 will, 4 pps used for 1 more a/d exp per hit?

i would rather spend 4 pps to reduce dmg again a bit more, maybe im the only 1 but tell me ur reasons :P

I use 16 will/vitality at the moment, I get the mana/health from will and the mana/toughness from vitality.I personally never took will for the exp, I took it so I would last longer while training. I'll probably wish I hadnt spent the pp into both will/vitality when I get to fluffies or so, but for now it's very nice and is easily fixed by a reset.

maybe cause dushan char was good summon lvl and did other stuff than only fighting?

anyway i dont get why some ppl use 8 will, 4 pps used for 1 more a/d exp per hit?

i would rather spend 4 pps to reduce dmg again a bit more, maybe im the only 1 but tell me ur reasons :P

well i'll wait for him to replay to know his own reasons :D

Umm, yeah :D

i rly dont know but thats what i guess. :P

Umm, yeah :)

sushi get y00 char back :hug::P

I think the only adventage in will is the HP bonus and now when we have COL and all that stuff its just like if you slow down your magic training :evilgrin: so i think Vitality is better . However my A/D is 40/50 so its not much of an opinion :devlish:

For a toplevel pure PKer, will is slightly better IMHO. Lets say you take 16 vit instead of 16 will, it will reduce you 3-4 dmg from each hit. If your enemy is high p/c+ high weap, he/she will hit you much more than that, so 30 hp bonus (from will) isn't any worse. Plus, in PK, you need to calculate not the full HP, but the effective one, because you don't restore at 1 hp, but rather at 60-70 or so (depending on taste :evilgrin:). So, if you take low phys (32 or so), your total HP might be a problem with vitality. In short, if you take 2 chars with identical amount of pp, low phys+ some will+ all coord char would beat vitality one at PK.

Also, will is +XP everywhere.

As for summons, TempesT, where are you pulling that 80% from? It's like 12% (with 20 vit) instead. Of course, it still may be important if you are lucky :devlish:

That said, vitality may be a good option for cheaper training, also good for killing dragons if you add phys for HP, good for summoners and so on, so any1 is free to choose :)

Guest ohmygod

People are forgeting about the amount of Phys taken inconjuction with Vitality.

Eg, 60 phys + 20 vit = 40 toughness.

More toughness = less damage recieved.

If you newb and need xp to lvl your skills take will. If you pker and dont like dying quick get vit.