Eternal Lands Official Forums
Krones

Bot program for you!

:D

Currently on http://sourceforge.net/projects/deathadderelbot/

So, you have a bot, blessed or not, and you registered it. Gratz! What now? You need a program to run it. A good one. Good programs keep customers happy, and happy customers come back. :D

Features:

<For buyers>

*Full trade system and gives change (lol!) :lipssealed:

*Market channel ads

*You can buy for number, name or name abreviation

*Command abreviations (you can use i/w/l/b instead of inv/loc/wanted/buy. You can still use regular commands and variations like "inventory" and so on)

*Item name abreviation (b 1 cr will work if you don't want to type buy 1 crown of life)

*Can buy/sell ALL items in EL, including those that have a degraded form, books and others.

*Sits while trading

*Custom ads/trade start and end msgs/

*Wanted list includes how many of each item the bot is buying, so you don't waste a trip when the bot is buying less!

<For guildies>

*Separate guild prices

*GM's in case it runs out of an item, so guildies can help restocking. If it's a guildless bot, it'll pm admins.

*onlines command (check who's online in your guild right now!)

*new day/new hour configurable GM

<For admins>

*PM / GM / PM all admins functions (restricted to admins)

*force trade command, so that admins can take/store/give items to it.

*admin remote control (you can see what is on trade, who's trading and even force it from anywhere you want! You don't need an intercontinental trip only to give something to someone! Just leave it on the bot and command the trade remotely!)

*admin hailing

*actors list so you know who's around it

*Admin pm in case of low EMU and no inv slots

*admin PM if you set a price lower for selling than for buying. Avoids human errors and keeps you from being scammed/going bankrupt!

*PM price editing, new hour msg and new day msg changing.

*Hourly and daily msg can have delays. Reduce the spam on your GM's!

<For servers>

*Lists info of trades

*Has a trade log

*Automatically gets guildies list from the server

Want to see it running? Check Oyster or Astronomy! :)

Cya around

Krones

Edited by Krones

Good luck :wub:

Are you providing the source or a compiled binary?

If source what language?

If binary what platform(s) will it run on?

What libraries are required to be installed?

What is the minimum spec to host the bot (could it be run on a dust covered 386 for example)?

Does it have a web based backend so you can update prices remotely et cetera?

Does it have a ban list?

Does it have a guild ban list?

Does the bot use a database or just data files?

Can the bot recognise alternate item names (EFE for example)?

You say it PMs the admin if there is a sale price less than the buy price - you should really recode that to prevent it happening at all.

You say it has an onlines command - have you cleared that feature with Entropy or are you using a mirror of the players online page (and if so have you asked permission from the mirror host?)

I have to ask one more unrelated (but important) question - who are you? I see this is your second post on the forums, you have just joined the forum and you are trying to get people to run your software.. I may be overcautious but something there just doesn't feel right. You may be genuine but I doubt people would mind knowing a little more about you before opening their systems to you.

One of the most advanced bots in EL, look at the features! :wub:
Personally, it seems your list of features doesn't have anything revolutionary, and most of them would be pretty common, so I wouldn't (with that list) call it that advanced... On to more important things.
*GM's in case it runs out of an item, so guildies can help restocking. If it's a guildless bot, it'll pm admins.

*admin hailing

I'll suggest you ensure these are configurable, as they're among the bot features that can get quite spammy (for that matter, have you made it easy to adjust message text (without a recompile or editing of code), adjust time delays, enable/disable certain features, etc?)
*actors list so you know who's around it
Do you have approval to do this? I've been told that it may count under the multiplay-to-spy rules
*new day/new hour configurable GM
Be ready to remove this in the next EL update :P The client can do this, so I imagine permission for bots to also do it may get removed or revoked (the reason it's in client is because having bots do it is spammy)
Are you providing the source or a compiled binary?
If there's a binary distributed, then the source has to be available as well, you should know that. :happy: Edited by ttlanhil

I'm intrested to know what price you want for it, PM me in-game.

#Edit - Same name as Forums. :wub:

Edited by Chosen

Answering some questions:

*Binary, both windows and linux. If I meant source, I would have said so.

*Libraries are shipped with the bot

*I'm not sure about the 386 thing. I don't have one. If you can, plz ship one for me so I can give it a try. It should run on old computers though, it's not heavy... There's no reason for it to be, is it?

*There's a bot running already with this program. I am Krones, nice to meet you. And ye, this is my second post on forums. And...? I've been around el for some time, and as I asid, there's a bot running already for guild BoC. Check for yourself /astronomy about. You'll notice it's my program, so I have indeed made one.

*Oh yeah, I'll change stuff with the new update.

*If you have an opinion about what I said and is not interested in the bot, leave it to those who are really interested, please. They can decide by themselves.

Edited by Krones

Answering some questions:

* You can't only ship binary, you must include the source.
You should follow the rules listed by the license, mainly:

- Release the source code with any modified clients you redistribute.

*Libraries are shipped with the bot
* Just the list of required libs is more efficient
*I'm not sure about the 386 thing. I don't have one. If you can, plz ship one for me so I can give it a try. It should run on old computers though, it's not heavy... There's no reason for it to be, is it?
* I asked about the 386 stuff as some people run their bots on very low level equipment (I run mine on my wife's PC as a separate user account and have considered for a good while dropping my bots onto a redundant box)
*There's a bot running already with this program. I am Krones, nice to meet you. And ye, this is my second post on forums. And...? I've been around el for some time, and as I asid, there's a bot running already for guild BoC. Check for yourself /astronomy about. You'll notice it's my program, so I have indeed made one.
* Never heard of you. No offence but you are targeting players with limited experience, someone has to watch out for their best interests occasionally – after all "Hey run this 1337 screensaver" is an old trick to get people to infect their systems with all manner of nasty malware
*Oh yeah, I'll change stuff with the new update.
* Glad to hear it.
*If you have an opinion about what I said and is not interested in the bot, leave it to those who are really interested, please. They can decide by themselves.
* My opinion does matter when it comes to the code. After all I may have been considering becoming a customer.

Why must I ship the source? I'm using LGPL libs, I can just link to them.

I see what you mean with the malware, although I have some bots running in EL right now.

The 386 thing... I said, I can't be sure, but it will run on low-level equip. Sry if I seemed a bit rude on this anwer though.

The rules for bots in EL calls for them to all be open source. While there are a number of different open source licenses you can distribute under the basic idea is typically that if you distribute binaries, then you must make the source code available (doesn't mean you have to distribute it with the binaries).

On the other hand, if you keep the binaries to yourself (perhaps a pay-for-bot-hosting service) then you don't have to give anyone the source.

If you use our headers, you need to include your code as well.

If you use your own headers, you can do whatever you want, but I would not recommend people to use a closed source bot program. Of course, it is up to them to determine if they are willing to risk their password and more.

I don't use any of EL stuff, it's completely from scratch, and I'm aware that if I used it, I would have to distribute source as well. Thx for the explanation Entropy.

I've done some extensive testing and have help Krones hammer out some issues. I like the features, some are very convenient. And mostly, the programmer is all ears to your suggestion and very nice.

I don't post much, so some of you might have never heard of me ^^

I've known Krones for a very long time and trust him completely.

The rules for bots in EL calls for them to all be open source. While there are a number of different open source licenses you can distribute under the basic idea is typically that if you distribute binaries, then you must make the source code available (doesn't mean you have to distribute it with the binaries).

On the other hand, if you keep the binaries to yourself (perhaps a pay-for-bot-hosting service) then you don't have to give anyone the source.

Used to. The current bot rules make no mention of it that I can find.