Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilJoe

How do you know if you're hitting a monster?

I have always wondered if it's possible to hit a monster for 0 damage and still get XP- someone in the past told me you could, but today I went on the test server and found out you actually don't.

So currently, I'm fighting cycs and I find that most of my attacks are not generating XP, so I'm thinking either I need to raise phys, or coord. But, how do I know which one to raise? Maybe I'm not getting XP because I'm missing, or maybe I'm actually hitting but the attacks are getting absorbed.

If I was missing a lot then coord would be good to raise, but if I'm actually hitting for no damage, I'd rather raise phys because that makes it easier to train for longer without restocking which is good for high XP.

If it helps, my a/d/p/c is 79/82/16/44. I'm trying to keep my phys low for good XP. Also I train in tit plate/shield, steel everything else, and CoL.

Thanks

-EJ

EDIT: OK I thought of 2 solutions right after I posted, but if anyone has other ideas please post them :P

1) Use a potion of accuracy. If your attack XP goes up then it means the problem was your dexterity was too low (assuming accuracy potions have 0 effect on damage)

2) Use a physique potion, if your attack XP goes up then it means you weren't doing enough damage. (Are there any other ways to raise damage independently of accuracy? Most weapons I've seen affect both)

Edited by EvilJoe

Take 4 more phys.

#Edit - Question to which Gods you have? If none, or have Godless, reset again lol.

Edited by Chosen

Hmm ok cool thanks :P As for gods, I have Aluwen, Glilin and Unolas.

I had Mortos a few days ago, but I thought I might switch to Aluwen for a while so I could get tons of defense XP for fluffs. Also, I might try getting TINF and doing multi-combat for even faster def XP.

lol cyclops = phys beast.

take a lot of phys, ur coord is alrdy high.

take like 40-44 phys

When I reset @ 98/103, I took 40/28/8/16, and I could TS for cycs, or train fluffys, so I could always get a spawn. And at that p/c you can stay on Fluffys for a good 30 a/d levels.

When I reset @ 98/103, I took 40/28/8/16, and I could TS for cycs, or train fluffys, so I could always get a spawn. And at that p/c you can stay on Fluffys for a good 30 a/d levels.

well, i had 97/106 as i reset, and i took 44 phys + 16 vitality.

used iron sword on cycs and didnt hit them for more than 3. 1 restore per cyc but cuz of my abit to high a/d for cycs i was "only" gettign 4,8k exp a minute. still nice after a reset to get few lvls :P

I dont know if u have any pps left. If u do add physique.

If u add a lot of coords u wont get good exp too. Adding either a lot physique or a lot coords is the same thing.

Some players havent realise this yet and they think that the more coords u add the best exp u get.

Both affect migh and that means that u ll kill the monster fast.

If u dont have pps left use a tit short or steel long or an iron sword and press the home button every 5 turns.(around every 50 material points)

Some players havent realise this yet and they think that the more coords u add the best exp u get

Yeah, this is what I always thought. Both p and c will increase your might but other than that I figure it's better to increase dexteriity/reaction rather than matter/toughness for XP's sake, since more hitting and dodging = more XP.

Even mp seems to believe in this-

Every1 can do whatever they want, in eL u can choose atributes u want, so best character build for u might not be best for other person( who for example likes to get more exp and doesnt mind to break more stuff( so will choose pure coord+ some vit) or if some1 doesnt like to spent gc on srs/he's/armors he will take full phys build, of coz it will give low exp but its always a trade off=]

Hmmm anyway, I guess what I'm finding from this thread is that 44 coord is more than enough for cycs, maybe even too much. Since I'm not hitting for enough damage anyway, I might as well spend more on phys.

Not sure if I want to get really high phys right now though since I'll be switching to fluffs pretty soon and from what I've heard, they aren't phys beasts like cycs are. So I might just stick with my p/c for now, fight cycs 2-3 at a time and get really fast def XP, then move to fluffs. No point redoing my p/c just to fight cycs since I won't be on them for very long.

Thanks,

-EJ

Edited by EvilJoe

Some players havent realise this yet and they think that the more coords u add the best exp u get

Yeah, this is what I always thought. Both p and c will increase your might but other than that I figure it's better to increase dexteriity/reaction rather than matter/toughness for XP's sake, since more hitting and dodging = more XP.

Even mp seems to believe in this-

Every1 can do whatever they want, in eL u can choose atributes u want, so best character build for u might not be best for other person( who for example likes to get more exp and doesnt mind to break more stuff( so will choose pure coord+ some vit) or if some1 doesnt like to spent gc on srs/he's/armors he will take full phys build, of coz it will give low exp but its always a trade off=]

Hmmm anyway, I guess what I'm finding from this thread is that 44 coord is more than enough for cycs, maybe even too much. Since I'm not hitting for enough damage anyway, I might as well spend more on phys.

Not sure if I want to get really high phys right now though since I'll be switching to fluffs pretty soon and from what I've heard, they aren't phys beasts like cycs are. So I might just stick with my p/c for now, fight cycs 2-3 at a time and get really fast def XP, then move to fluffs. No point redoing my p/c just to fight cycs since I won't be on them for very long.

Thanks,

-EJ

Sure like teh ebul one (mp) said, you can build your own stats/attributes, and which you prefer/thinks best, but people can give you advice as to what is better. But each person likes different things, and likes to train different monsters. With the addition of TS pots, you can stay on one monster for alot longer than befor, meaning you wont need to reset if you keep your p/c right, you can just ts some a/d and increase exp gain.

Befor I reset @ 97/103, I had one of the highest p/c's in EL, which at that time made me strong, because all I did was PK. I was 52/76/20 p/c/w, I think max c was like 88 or something at that time, and I could ts 19 a/d, and still only make 3k oa exp per fluffy, and I didn't miss them at all. Which is why I reset, and almost doubled my exp per hour on lfuffys.

I always liked Vit, but I don't take it for the simple fact that I prefer the exp bonus I get from Will, wither it's 1-5 exp per thing. And I also prefer it for PK too, as it increases HP.

If your not going to be PKing, then you don't really need to worry about buying Nexus for hydro, because your P/C will always be low, so you wont need to buy PPs as such, but if you do plan to do some PK, you'll need to buy 5-7 Human Nexus, which always better to do befor you reset, make them your self, may take some time, but you'll save so much gc which can then be invested in training equip.

Hmm, thats my book wrote. :P

#Edit - I learnt from personal experience, Phys sucks. Anything over 44, and your going to loose so much exp on fluffys. But if you plan to go to Yeti, then you'll need something like 48, with 12 vit, or 52 with will, to decrease the damage they give, which is alot. :) And if you do plan to move to Yeti, you should buy your human nex w/ bars, because you'll need alot of coord to dodge them to make some nice exp.

Edited by Chosen

Oh yes, I'm all for some advice :P Each post on this thread gives me a bit more idea about what works and what doesn't so I really appreciate it, thanks to everyone for taking the time to help out a nub like me :)

Hmm was just thinking about the Edit you wrote... Is it worth going to Yetis if all you care about is XP? I know I've heard some people say things like "I wish I had stayed on fluffies longer". It looks like it's possible to get like 350-370k xp on fluffs per hour from what I've heard, not sure what it's like w/ yetis.

Edited by EvilJoe

Well, befor they changed Yeti, made much stronger from what I've been told.. I could make 450k a hour, with bone, but now they've changed, it's seems thats not possible.

If I still had my old a/d (Sold char) I'd stay on fluffys, until about 130s a/d, then take p/c for Yeti. They drop the same stuff, well Yeti drop some books, but they dont sell, I mean main drops, NMT/Arti both come from Yeti/Fluffy, so theres not much difference, although gc drops are huge from Yeti (Can make a good +15k /h).

As I said, it's down to what people do with there own chars. :P

If I still had my old a/d (Sold char) I'd stay on fluffys, until about 130s a/d, then take p/c for Yeti.

U would not, since 130 attack takes a lot of time to train, and i mean few months of hardcore training even if u r at 100+attack.

If u wanna keep getting decent exp u will need to reduce ur coord, which means u will be weak like a beaver on pk.

It takes really crazy amount of mental strenght to not use free pickpoints, especially if u got 40+ of them.

Thats why if some1 like Choosen or Tempest say they would train with low p/c on fluff for a long time( and i mean not months but effects so for example to 130-140 oa on fluff) its clear they wont succed, they like to pk very much, its in their blood :lipssealed:

Yetis make u able to get very nice exp even tho u got crazy high a/d/p/c, so it means u can pk if u like and train if u like.

Of course, there r also many disadvantages of yetis, now its way different from times when they got implemented (back then dropped up to 1k gc, and they had really low stats, they were weaker or very similar in strenght to current mountain chim).

mp

U would not, since 130 attack takes a lot of time to train, and i mean few months of hardcore training even if u r at 100+attack.

If u wanna keep getting decent exp u will need to reduce ur coord, which means u will be weak like a beaver on pk.

It takes really crazy amount of mental strenght to not use free pickpoints, especially if u got 40+ of them.

Thats why if some1 like Choosen or Tempest say they would train with low p/c on fluff for a long time( and i mean not months but effects so for example to 130-140 oa on fluff) its clear they wont succed, they like to pk very much, its in their blood :)

Yetis make u able to get very nice exp even tho u got crazy high a/d/p/c, so it means u can pk if u like and train if u like.

Of course, there r also many disadvantages of yetis, now its way different from times when they got implemented (back then dropped up to 1k gc, and they had really low stats, they were weaker or very similar in strenght to current mountain chim).

mp

Yeah, your right, I don't like not using P/C, I was giving advice, thats why I like training Yeti, I can train and PK, and be good at both. :lipssealed:

Its very difficult to get 350k per hour on fluffies. Usually u get 280-300.

I scored once 200k in 30 minutes but this can happen to one spawn only and if its empty.

Feros give better exp anyway and even dc are not a bad idea with some aa's.

I am curious about what chosen said about yetis though(a bit off topic).

450 k in a single spawn?with what a/d p/c/w/v (if u are not bored to answer) ?

After the update whats the maximum exp that someone can get from yetis? (with what a/d p/c/w/v?)

I heard that in the past old muffo was getting 350k per hour in a single spawn using tit short with p/c/w

42/80/28.

Its very difficult to get 350k per hour on fluffies. Usually u get 280-300.

I scored once 200k in 30 minutes but this can happen to one spawn only and if its empty.

Feros give better exp anyway and even dc are not a bad idea with some aa's.

I am curious about what chosen said about yetis though(a bit off topic).

450 k in a single spawn?with what a/d p/c/w/v (if u are not bored to answer) ?

After the update whats the maximum exp that someone can get from yetis? (with what a/d p/c/w/v?)

I heard that in the past old muffo was getting 350k per hour in a single spawn using tit short with p/c/w

42/80/28.

It wasnt my char to share stats with. :lipssealed:

But I could use many spawns, and make +400k a hour, with 20kgc + drops.

#Edit - I don't really like giving out info about how I used to level the char, cos it wasnt mine, I just level'd / pk'd with it sometimes. :)

Edited by Chosen

If I still had my old a/d (Sold char) I'd stay on fluffys, until about 130s a/d, then take p/c for Yeti.

Thats why if some1 like Choosen or Tempest say they would train with low p/c on fluff for a long time( and i mean not months but effects so for example to 130-140 oa on fluff) its clear they wont succed, they like to pk very much, its in their blood :)

mp

was that a compliment? :D:D:D

well yeh kinda hard to not spend pickpoints.

atm i only got 4 pps free, i placed my pps VERY good this time, nearly perfect imo, so that i get 8,2k exp a minute on feros.

i was training for an hour and counter said 60 minutes = 473k exp.

so now i cant spend more pps which is hard, cause some negged out newbs with gelly bones and so are proud they make me diss.

so basicly mp is right :)

and i still have the oppinion that cause yeti been made stronger pk gets even more dead.

ppl will reset and stay at fluff, some ppl like ambro stay at yeti cause they have the lvls and pk is divided into weak vs ubber strong.

EDIT: atm mid130's a/d + ~100 coord = 100k exp/hour on yeti + 10kgc drops.

those stats are not enough for double yeti.

... Arigorn is a Pker :lipssealed:

Edited by Tempest

They wanted yetis stronger but this is called disaster :)

I'm not. :)

Double yeti seems to be hard to train on with those stats, but im sure you could make some exp on single spawn still, maybe 300k if your lucky.

impossible now with them hitting more/breaking more.

and even white tigers are better gc than single yeti :lipssealed:

Well even 300k or 500k at those levels=nothing.

And most of it must be magic and attacking exp.

So after a few months what happens?

Yetis gives crappy exp and drops. Pk action is very rare.

Maybe we should all start harvesting red roses . :lipssealed:

300k? no, hell you cant get 300k exp on a single yeti. prolly most ppl dont even get that on double yeti.

dont forget their respawn time...

yeti gives good drops, not bad, but a bad monster to train.

so you have to lower ur stats to D chims cuz thats the only thing thats trainable under yeti.

maybe u should try blue lupines, best flowers ever <3 :)

btw, pk action alrdy is very rare :D

Edited by Tempest

300k? no, hell you cant get 300k exp on a single yeti. prolly most ppl dont even get that on double yeti.

dont forget their respawn time...

yeti gives good drops, not bad, but a bad monster to train.

so you have to lower ur stats to D chims cuz thats the only thing thats trainable under yeti.

maybe u should try blue lupines, best flowers ever <3 :)

btw, pk action alrdy is very rare :D

When I logged on to test yeti few days ago, I was getting ~310k on double spawn with tit long. But they hit a lot harder than before :D

Seems as though now, Yeti are un-trainable on. Your going to need to take alot of phys/coord.. Maybe 60/120+ to get good exp, but you'll be hitting them too hard, so I think some people will need to PvP, or reset. :lipssealed: