Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pepperspray

I can hear the fire, I can smell the fire, but I can't SEE the fire [CLOSED]

:laugh: well here goes..(short version) I can start a fire and cook meat, but not see the flames :P Not real bad news, but i can't see the entrance to my guild's map, either :D Presently on sister's comp useing nVidia TNT2 running :omg: Windows ME, game set at poor man setting to increase framerate (presently a dismal :P 19FPS) Reinstalled DirecX, no effect :dry:

Very familiar! I have a TNT2 with WinXP. Same thing with Poor Man and Eye Candy off. I noticed that after lighting a fire with all video extras on I couldn't see through the smoke and flames! I'm not sure, but if you play around with the Eye Candy and Advanced Video controls you should get different effects. I'm pretty sure the Eye Candy on/off controls the fire with my TNT2.

I keep an eye on my feeble FPS (HUD tab) and if I really slow down I turn off more video options. Also go the other way if I'm a lone tourist in an impressive area just to look at the 3D goodyness!

Oh, and you shouldn't do that with your face. You'll clog up your keyboard! :laugh:

Edited by Mugwump

I'd have to check the code again, but if Eye Candy is off I don't think you will see any fire effects.

I can't check the code now, but if I recall correctly when Eye Candy is compiled into the client the older particle system is disabled. Therefore, switching off Eye Candy leaves you with no particle system.

:happy: well i can't see the entrance still to my guild's map, but i can see fire in the storages that are in buildings. still nothing at the firepits, but no matter close thread and thanks to all who PMed me and responded to question. enjoy yourselves :wub:

as you wish.

Case closed.

Windows Me and TNT2 might not be the best setup for running Eternal Lands, so maybe one should get Windows XP or vista and then possibly get a newer graphics card. Don't forget to update drivers