Eternal Lands Official Forums
Wingalings

Nestea

A chatlog from today, someone named Nestea tried to scam me by offering a high level char for sale:

[12:19:46] [PM from Nestea: hi]

[12:20:51] [PM to Nestea: ... hello]

[12:21:17] [PM from Nestea: you want 100 a/d char?]

[12:21:34] [PM to Gossip: about nestea]

...gossip resonse showed nestea to be a brand new char...

[12:22:25] [PM to Nestea: what char? aint you...]

[12:22:31] [PM from Nestea: no..]

[12:22:34] [PM from Nestea: Besiktas]

[12:22:45] [PM to Gossip: about besiktas]

[12:22:50] [PM from Gossip: besiktas was last logged on about 432 days ago. ]

...gossip response showed the char besiktas had privacy on...

I also checked the player stats pages, http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.php?user=besiktas indicates that the player name besiktas no longer exists.

[12:25:59] [PM to Nestea: I cant confirm stats on besiktas]

[12:26:13] [PM from Nestea: it is private]

[12:26:58] [PM to Nestea: you'd have to make it unprivate before I'd be willing to consider it. ]

[12:30:57] [PM to Nestea: for curiosity's sake, how much did you want for it?]

[12:31:15] [PM from Nestea: 55k or a Col]

[12:33:10] [PM to Nestea: ;) well then, you've got a deal! meet me at molgar, once you give me the pass and I confirm the stats, I'll give you 55k gc]

[12:33:45] [PM from Nestea: you give first sory]

[12:36:32] [PM to Nestea: I dunno... that seems a lil shady, ya know?]

[12:36:44] [PM from Nestea: yep ]

[12:37:11] [PM to Nestea: you been playing long?]

[12:37:22] [PM from Nestea: yes]

[12:37:40] [PM to Nestea: on what char? this supposed besiktas?]

[12:37:48] [PM from Nestea: yes]

[12:38:07] [PM to Nestea: mind if I post you both in outlaws then for scamming? :cry:]

[12:38:38] [PM from Nestea: i will not scamm]

[12:39:42] [PM from Nestea: i am waiting in Votd]

[12:40:05] [PM to Nestea: prove it. unprivatize besiktas for a minute so I can see the stats.]

[12:41:56] [PM from Nestea: sorry i must goi]

[12:42:04] [PM to Nestea: :(]

[12:42:04] [PM from Nestea: come fast VOTD]

[12:42:33] [PM from Nestea: if i scamm you post print screen]

[12:42:41] [PM from Nestea: and put me at outlaws]

[12:42:44] [PM to Nestea: lol]

[12:42:59] [PM to Nestea: and you get to keep the 55k? niiiice deal]

[12:43:18] [PM from Nestea: what i do with them if i get ban lol]

[12:43:44] [PM to Nestea: fortunately for you, scamming isnt illegal, you wouldnt get a ban]

[12:44:06] [PM from Nestea: lo]

[12:44:08] [PM from Nestea: lol]

[12:44:20] [PM from Nestea: i swear i don't scamm]

[12:44:53] No player is in the game with the name of Nestea

Soo... just a warning, tho probably the char nestea wont be seen again. Beware fishy deals!!

He also pmed me today and pretended he is Kadi( old polish player), and the funny thing is, he didnt know even 1 word in polish, he said he forgot polish lol :cry:

nestea-scammer.jpg

^^proof here

mp

Rofl!!! He tried to scamm me too today :( He knows I m besi's close friend and tried to sell me that char for very cheap :cry:

Rofl i m not n00b ;)

Rofl i m not n00b :(

hmmm.... ehm... hmmmm...

seriously now, he tried to tell u hes ur friend, and he tries to tell me hes myself before name change... wtf this is sience-fiction or what :cry:

this is real besiktas and I really dont know that guy.I was give my char to Tresh and dunno what happend after that and I never heard about nestea lol...Im writing here cause kadlub said a lier using my name.Nwm good game all;)

As I understand it, scamming is legal but impersonating other players is cause for a ban.

even if he only calls himself Angelfacejo or Besiktas in pm? i doubt it but not sure :laugh:

and lol @ winga lol

The first and the only besiktas is ME and Im not playing EL anymore like 1 year if some1 call u that he is besiktas its mean its a lie cause I stoped playing that game thats all

I (L) u 2 kaddy:P

Yes, impersonating someone to scam another person IS a bannable offense.

May want to contact a moderator :laugh:

Just wanted to inform you, that I have just checked to see his current standings, and he has been banned/locked. Good news :laugh:

7. No Impersonations.

Do not impersonate any Eternal Lands owners, developers, moderators, players, bots, npc's, or guild. This includes creating similar variances upon names in order to deceive, misrepresent or post false information to others. Also do not pretend to be a bot.

Well, scamming is not illegal, its all up to you if you trust someone or not.

If someone PM's you "hey, im piper, just give me your finest stuff and i will enchant it for free" you should hear some alarm bells ring.

If someone PM's you "hey, im xxx, just give me your finest stuff and i will enchant it for free" you might want to think, that this deal smells fishy somehow.

Anyways, its all up to you. If you are so stupid and give your stuff/gold/password away to anybody, dont complain if you get scammed. Yes, im really serious, it is your problem, dont trust anybody, and dont complain, if you get scammed.

And there is a reason why we announce some warnings about scammers. But if ppl refuse to read them, we can't really help. o.O

Piper

Actually, as with all rule offenses, each case is determined on it's own merits or lack of them. There are very few black and white no questions asked "bannable offenses".

Very strange indeed.. On monday a player named Seal/Volkenn (A newbie alt he used later) pmed me asking if I wanted to buy a 100 a/d character named something like "RevengeR" for... You guessed it, a CoL.

Though I knew it was a scam, he ended up getting ~16k gc of random items and GC (That he accepted instead of a CoL..) as I wanted to prove beyond all doubt that it was a scam. After the trade he logged off, and I haven't seen him on since..

Strange coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. :D

I got a PM from seal the other day asking if I wanted a 100 a/d charater, I told him I didn't buy characters and I got no response.

Not that anymore evidence is needed, but this chap obviously gets around

First obvious hint of a scam is the CoL thing, who would sell a 100 a/d char for a CoL? :D

Very strange indeed.. On monday a player named Seal/Volkenn (A newbie alt he used later) pmed me asking if I wanted to buy a 100 a/d character named something like "RevengeR" for... You guessed it, a CoL.

The real Seal and a Volken (With 1 n unlike the impersonnating one) are currently Wing members. Someone tried to sell geoh (Wing member) 3 or 4 days ago. I'm feeling like someone will ask me soon if i want to buy Argian (Argian being a Wing member too :omg:). All Wing members are innocent here.

I just hope his IP is locked and not just the chars (Hoping it isnt something like a dynamic IP). After all, he impersonates active players (And they don't like it, believe me), not only someone who left long ago like kadi.

Anyway, join Wing :D

Edit : Mistake correction, it's more accurate now ;)

Edited by Itzalan

Though I knew it was a scam, he ended up getting ~16k gc of random items and GC (That he accepted instead of a CoL..) as I wanted to prove beyond all doubt that it was a scam. After the trade he logged off, and I haven't seen him on since..

Strange coincidence? Maybe, but I doubt it. :blink:

I was approached by the same guy offering the exact same deal. I wish something could be done.