Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cicero

misc manufacture bugs

by manufacture I include alchemy and pots

1. upon successful creation, items appear to be added back to inventory listing (at top of window) for a half second

2. sometimes, if clicked fast enough, after an item is successfuly made, you can get a failure message, even if the item is created

3. when the inventory is changed, the items to be mixed part gets cleared

These are of course, mainly cosmetic. I have some suggestions as to how some of the logic works, which I'll post in another thread.

[edit: added #3]

The fast clicking and then getting an error message after manufacturing is because it tries to make a second one. It probably hasn't processed a response from the server yet from the first manufacture. I've actually seen it make a second one sometimes.

Yes, Learner is right, if you click fast, you can make more items (or try to).

The items get cleared if you change your inventory because of the way I am doing something. It's not a bug, it's just a safety.

1. is not a bug either.

hey ent, dont listen to him, its not a bug..(maybe it is but..) without, manufacturing leather gloves will be a very painful process...perhaps more painful then...then...arrrhhh(*dies of pain from making leather gloves after 'bug' is fixed) and beside, if anything, manufacturing should be made easier..no body yet is above 40(same with potions..which may change when new potions are added), i think..unlike alchemy, attack/def/combat harvest (inwich are easy)

If anything, manufacturing exp for swords should increase...

Low exp for steel swords however is DEFINITELY a bug!(if you calculate it, with an average of 1 steel sword per 10 minutes..and 170 exp...itll take like a year to lvl up on steel swords!!!)

if you click fast, you can make more items (or try to).

. . . and apparently you just fixed that. :? As if making gloves wasn't enough of a pain already.

Come on, now really, can you make 2 pair of gloves (or anything else) in 1 second?

That was really prone to scripting, so that's why I changed it.

Not if you wait for the server response. Before if you clicked mix really fast you could make several before the server sent back a message saying you had successfully created one. I almost always made 2 at a time. Twice my comp lagged really bad and I filled about half my inventory with gloves. Now manu is going to take at least twice as long.... :D

But you're right. I did report that as a bug for a reason. I just wish I had gotten manu higher first.

When making enhanced leather gloves, I get a message that says I need a hammer, but do not have one in inventory. I do, and the gloves are made just fine. The message is more annoying than anything else, but it's not seeing the hammer?

It probably means you also need a needle. I think I reported that once. Oh, wait, you can make the gloves!? Hmmm...that's a new bug.