Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pardu

error for me as of 8-7-07 22:00 PST

I am running Mepis x86_64 linux... compiling latest cvs (as of 8/7/07 22:00PST)..

ran into 2 problems.. first was :

elwindows.c: In function 'hide_window':

elwindows.c:1171: error: 'items_win' undeclared (first use in this function)

elwindows.c:1171: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

elwindows.c:1171: error: for each function it appears in.)

make: *** [elwindows.o] Error 1

I noticed an 'original' elwindows.c so I tried that.. 1st problem solved (I haven't looked for the difference in files yet)

now I get :

In file included from shadows.c:5:

/usr/include/SDL/SDL_active.h:51: error: syntax error before 'SDL_GetAppState'

/usr/include/SDL/SDL_active.h:51: warning: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'SDL_GetAppState'

/usr/include/SDL/SDL_active.h:51: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

make: *** [shadows.o] Error 1

I haven't made any changes to system files (i.e. SDL).. and this is the first time I have run into this error..

any advice would be welcome...

Thank you very much.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about this, but you could try puttiing #include <SDL> before the include for SDL_active. I've noticed a few people have had other issues with parts of SDL being declared without the base.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure about this, but you could try puttiing #include <SDL> before the include for SDL_active. I've noticed a few people have had other issues with parts of SDL being declared without the base.

That worked.. don't know why I had to do the extra include.. I also had to do that in sky.c and then had to include stdlib.h in weather,c .. down to one error for now..

io/zipfilesystem.cpp: In member function 'int zip_file_system::get_uint32_from_pos(Uint8*&) const':

io/zipfilesystem.cpp:119: error: 'SDL_SwapLE32' was not declared in this scope

io/zipfilesystem.cpp: In member function 'int zip_file_system::get_uint16_from_pos(Uint8*&) const':

io/zipfilesystem.cpp:129: error: 'SDL_SwapLE16' was not declared in this scope

make: *** [io/zipfilesystem.o] Error 1

but... not using NEW_FILE_IO cleared that up and everything compiled.. I will try to sort through that after some sleep..

Thank you very much

That worked.. don't know why I had to do the extra include.. I also had to do that in sky.c and then had to include stdlib.h in weather,c ..

That would be beacuse the gigantic evilness that was global.h has been expelled from the client code (well almost). However, in this mass banishing, there are a few things that have been missed, such as this one. Thanks for reporting it. I'll leave those changes to Grum however as he may have a better way of fixing the bug.

Hopefully all of those, including NEW_FILE_IO, are now fixed in CVS (I fixed some of these issues before; Grum's welcome to change my commits if he has a better way, but I believe they're right and it should work now :) )

Nifty, thanks for reporting and testing, and let us know if there are any further problems :cry: