Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilJoe

There's no Fork

Its all relative anyway.

Tinf works...no doubt about that but when you get strong enough its not really needed.

Last no drop day i had 3 enemy ganging me, 2 of them were top ~20 a/d + all 3 used SoM...still killed 2 and made the 3rd one diss.....and i have trouble with dancing ingame :)

Now, if 2 same strenght ppl would have ganged me...then i would have lost...ofcourse...but that would also have happend if i had Tinf :whistle:

IMO that perk was only really usefull for that mass XP thing...but since that cant be done anymore (at least not nearly as effective)...its just nice to have....but the 7pp kinda makes it too expensive.

I never took tinf because of pk, training was my goal :evilgrin: And now with all those nexus stones/hydro bars, ppl will go higher in coord, so exp should be the same as before, soon :huh:

Cool, thanks again, I'll stick with phys/vit for now then :evilgrin:

Thought of getting evanescence too but I heard from Dushan that those dodges don't count for def XP so makes it a bit less useful for a non-PKer like me who only cares about leveling.

Thought of getting evanescence too but I heard from Dushan that those dodges don't count for def XP so makes it a bit less useful for a non-PKer like me who only cares about leveling.

Dodges dont count for def exp?

Did anybody check this on the test server?

They dont count because their meant to be hits, so the bonus is not getting hit an extra 10% of the time.

Cool, thanks again, I'll stick with phys/vit for now then :D

Dodges dont count for def exp?

Did anybody check this on the test server?

I checked that with Ent once.

He told me he didnt think you get def xp for hits dodged cuz of eva perk.

Never actually tested it on test serv tho.

Guest ohmygod

I've seen a lot of people say ICD is a bad idea. So by contrast, is There is no Fork a good perk to get? I never see anyone talk about this one, but it seems pretty useful to me.

You might say"well, most of the time you're only fighting one person".. But it looks like summoning stones are pretty popular among serious PKers these days, so it seems to me that getting double-teamed is pretty common.

-EJ

EDIT: btw, in case anyone doesn't know what TINF is, it's a positive perk that costs 7 pickpoints (possibly some gold too, can't remember), and in return there is no defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents.

I have it, it rocks. Now if i can only try offset cost of it with nex stones + hydro it would be nicer.

I know topic is old but found an old pic that might go good as example of TINF perk in action. Oh btw this was taken when ROT was still oldstyle pk. :)

awesomexp.jpg

Edited by ohmygod

Sorry to necro this thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one w/ the same topic.

I'm interested in current opinions on the value of the tinf perk. I train a/d almost strictly for invasions. In the low 100s, if I get bombed with feros or whatever, I usually poof a rost or sometimes barely survive w/ 0 mana left after all the mobs are slain. From my understanding, you take a cumulative def penalty for mobs in excess of 1 that engage you. So 1, is that true, and 2, is it worth the pps?

If you're, say, 130s def and you're surrounded by mobs with a/d 5-10 levels below you, will tinf make a significant difference in your chances of survival - with some assumptions, ofc, incl. a decent build & good gear.

Edited by chr0nik

Sorry to necro this thread, but I figured it was better than starting a new one w/ the same topic.

I'm interested in current opinions on the value of the tinf perk. I train a/d almost strictly for invasions. In the low 100s, if I get bombed with feros or whatever, I usually poof a rost or sometimes barely survive w/ 0 mana left after all the mobs are slain. From my understanding, you take a cumulative def penalty for mobs in excess of 1 that engage you. So 1, is that true, and 2, is it worth the pps?

it is true.

# of monsters|penalty

1|0

2|5

3|10

4|15

5|20

6|25

7|30

8|35

If you're, say, 130s def and you're surrounded by mobs with a/d 5-10 levels below you, will tinf make a significant difference in your chances of survival - with some assumptions, ofc, incl. a decent build & good gear.

it will significantly advance your chance to survival, since with effective 95 defense, you aint gonna dodge a single one 120-125 att mobs. whereas w/ 130 def, you should dodge them fine.

Cool, thanks again, I'll stick with phys/vit for now then :P

I figure since this thread is necro'd Id post a recent link that answers this directly. Because the

speculation about it in this thread is wrong.

Evanescence Perk and Def XP, Does it affect xp?