Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilJoe

There's no Fork

I've seen a lot of people say ICD is a bad idea. So by contrast, is There is no Fork a good perk to get? I never see anyone talk about this one, but it seems pretty useful to me.

You might say"well, most of the time you're only fighting one person".. But it looks like summoning stones are pretty popular among serious PKers these days, so it seems to me that getting double-teamed is pretty common.

-EJ

EDIT: btw, in case anyone doesn't know what TINF is, it's a positive perk that costs 7 pickpoints (possibly some gold too, can't remember), and in return there is no defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents.

Edited by EvilJoe

Guest ohmygod

I've seen a lot of people say ICD is a bad idea. So by contrast, is There is no Fork a good perk to get? I never see anyone talk about this one, but it seems pretty useful to me.

You might say"well, most of the time you're only fighting one person".. But it looks like summoning stones are pretty popular among serious PKers these days, so it seems to me that getting double-teamed is pretty common.

-EJ

EDIT: btw, in case anyone doesn't know what TINF is, it's a positive perk that costs 7 pickpoints (possibly some gold too, can't remember), and in return there is no defense penalty when fighting multiple opponents.

I have it, it rocks. Now if i can only try offset cost of it with nex stones + hydro it would be nicer.

:) i've had it in the past, it is sweet!, in fact i got IGITD with this reset and am saving to get TINF by this week. :( I did this in lieu of getting animal nexi 5 and magic nexi 1 :D

Wow, IGITD that's pretty hardcore! I imagine that must be terrible for training (in which case you want to deal low damage to monsters or PVP partners), but quite a big advantage for PKing.

It is cool if you can find 3+ multiple opponents (monsters, players, or in the past summons) to train defense on, quite useless otherwise

May be good in PK if you want to own 1 vs 5 weaker players :)

What happened in the past that made it more useful? Sounds like it's something like 2 players pvp and summon and then fight each other's summons or something. Isn't that possible even today?

Guess I missed that part of EL history :laugh:

Thanks

:whistle: ... umm... invasions? :laugh:

No, there was a stupid way of making mass exp per hour ~2M, just use summon stones/pvp, with no def pen, that was when summons gave 2x def exp, and 0 atk, Ent changed it now though, to stop mass leveling.

#Edit - Look Dushans signature.

Edited by Chosen

Ah okay thanks Chosen, i see.. So basically summoned monsters give less exp now. Will have to test that some time if i can stay alive long enough, so far that has never happened ;/

It's funny how everyone thinks they know how to do it, but I bet none of you can actually do it, it's not just use stones and pvp ... also to mention, you can't get this exp with summ stones unless you have at least 120c and tinf. And btw, from all the people who knew to train this way ( 10 or so ), only me and another person could get 2m exp per hour :D

It's funny how everyone thinks they know how to do it, but I bet none of you can actually do it, it's not just use stones and pvp ... also to mention, you can't get this exp with summ stones unless you have at least 120c and tinf. And btw, from all the people who knew to train this way ( 10 or so ), only me and another person could get 2m exp per hour :D

Pressing the home button is not difficult. And if u click on the pvp opponent and not against the orcs u get this massive exp.

And if both pvp players had a -19 def penalty with mortos blessings (+15 attack) ...

Edited by agis29

It's funny how everyone thinks they know how to do it, but I bet none of you can actually do it, it's not just use stones and pvp ... also to mention, you can't get this exp with summ stones unless you have at least 120c and tinf. And btw, from all the people who knew to train this way ( 10 or so ), only me and another person could get 2m exp per hour :omg:

U and ur pvp partner( Gurgeh) were lower than 120 coord lol, u were like 70-80 coord at max ;)

I checked ur #rank in def and its nice but still only top15def for u and top19 for gurgeh, so ~135def only :P

And since i remember u were 126+ def before u began summon pvp. which means that even u two who made most exp still gained only few lvls coz of that ( and lost 7pps for tinf perk so 7x900k gc=6,3m gc/1500$ :)

Of coz i fully respect that few ppl were able to discover that way of pr0 def lvling.

U and some other ppl have profit from it, and its pretty normal(since pvping like this was pretty hard+VERY expensive ).

Some time ago Ent made summons die really fast and also reduced exp from them by 40% so only 1,2m oa exp per hour at max now and even more expensive than before(~36k gc per hour back then so dunno how much now but 50k+ for sure, maybe even 100k gc per h), so good luck to all ppl who will use that :)

Btw, my post is here just to give some info to ppl who didnt know about it, not bitching.

I know Dush from long time and never had any problems with him, actually, we were pvp partners for some time and thx to him i was able to catch Mufossa's 140def lvl B)

PS. omg i wrote a book again :D

mp

And if both pvp players had a -19 def penalty with mortos blessings (+15 attack) ...

If that was the case they would get way less exp coz:

1) being attack blessed u hit ur pvp partner way often

2) u get 20% less exp per block since no def god

3) with -19def u get a lot of empty blocks(which means u dont receive dmg but u also dont get exp per block, ur armor absorbs the dmg), especially when combined with attack god bless

I checked that once or twice with Nitager and it was pretty sucky :D

sorry for double posting =/

mp

If that was the case they would get way less exp coz:

1) being attack blessed u hit ur pvp partner way often

2) u get 20% less exp per block since no def god

3) with -19def u get a lot of empty blocks(which means u dont receive dmg but u also dont get exp per block, ur armor absorbs the dmg), especially when combined with attack god bless

I checked that once or twice with Nitager and it was pretty sucky :P

sorry for double posting =/

mp

I think u are right especially with the empty blocks part.

I did this once with xavierlyn. I was serving mortos,he was serving alluwen,i was late 70's iirc and he was reseted 90's.

I didn't use ts pots and probably he didn't use too. We didn't summon orcs(summ stones didn't exist) and i gave him good exp.(not 2M of course)It was much better than normal pvp for both of us.

This trick doesn't work nowadays cause naralik catacombs have a/d limits, unless someone use rings or tele rooms but then again its difficult to find the right pvp partner.

I don't know though what will happen using wildness pots and if the blessed player has instict or low coords. :confused:

U and ur pvp partner( Gurgeh) were lower than 120 coord lol, u were like 70-80 coord at max ;)

Err, if you read what I posted again, you'll see that I said that you can't get this exp with summ stones unless you have that coord ^^ We both had 60 coord at that time.

I checked ur #rank in def and its nice but still only top15def for u and top19 for gurgeh, so ~135def only :P

Considering that I didn't get def lvl for more than 4 months, it's good that I'm 15th for def ... ;) Same for gurgeh.

And since i remember u were 126+ def before u began summon pvp. which means that even u two who made most exp still gained only few lvls coz of that ( and lost 7pps for tinf perk so 7x900k gc=6,3m gc/1500$ :)

7 def lvls for a 3-4 hours training in 3 weeks or so isn't really "few".

Some time ago Ent made summons die really fast and also reduced exp from them by 40% so only 1,2m oa exp per hour at max now and even more expensive than before(~36k gc per hour back then so dunno how much now but 50k+ for sure, maybe even 100k gc per h), so good luck to all ppl who will use that :)

He reduced for 60% as far as I remember, and I doubt that we could get those lvls if it costed ~36k gc per hour as you said, it was more like 15k gc or so ;)

Edited by Dushan

Thx for ur info :happy:

Can i ask why normal summons were so different from stones for u(from 60 coord to 120 coord, such a big gap :brooding: )? ( Curiousity is first step to HELL- we have such saying in Poland, dunno if its international :laugh: )

mp

Simply because with summ stones you can't summon creatures like polar bears/fem armed orc and such. First trainable thing from stones would be tigers/armed orcs.

And what about slessar stones? They r only summonable/summon stone creature and 100a/d so pretty easy to block( mufossa could block them very very nicely and he was less than 90 coord :brooding: )

Now they loose a lot health and die fast but back then they lasted pretty long (300 health) :laugh:

mp

In preparation for getting TINF, I had my char copied to the test server and then tried fighting cycs 1v2, with and without TINF.

I spent only about 1/2 an hour testing so of course my results might not be correct, but what I found was that there was very little difference in the XP I gained between each restore from when I didn't have TINF to when I did. Also, I noticed that when I fought 1 cyc by itself, vs fighting multiple cycs at once, the XP to restore ratio was about the same.

ICD perk says that it gives you a -15 defense penalty so I somehow thought that getting TINF would be like getting a +15 defense bonus but it looks like the number is perhaps more like +5 to +7... Anyway it didn't seem to be very significant at my level (82 defense), and for someone with an even higher level like def 130+, I think the bonus would be hard to even notice. Like I said, this wasn't exactly a scientific study or anything, and also I'm not too experienced with this game... Also, I was intending to use TINF for uber-fast leveling so although it may not be good for that purpose, maybe it is enough of an edge to be useful in competitive PK.

But I think for now I'm going to stay away from TINF... The other reason is that once you get TINF you can't get rid of it without a reset. At least if I pump some extra PPs into some attribute, it can be removed with removal stones. (not exactly cheap, but nowhere near as expensive as a reset)

If anyone has some data (especially if it conflicts with mine) i'd be very curious to see what results you got with this perk.

Edited by EvilJoe

Cycs r very bad mobs to test out tinf, they got low coord and attack but big phys or/and a weapon, so ur def doesnt mean a lot vs them unless u have big toughness(phys/vit) urself.

Thats why reseted ppl with 100+defence block them less than they block fluffies :)

Wanna trully test the strenght of tinf go to imbro fluffy cave or even better: ask some players little weaker from u to gang u 3vs1 or more with and w/o tinf perk, u will see big diff.

About the perk itself:

imho the only reason to take it: u got crazy high p/c, way too high for yeti's/ac's and u dont have icd, than u can take tinf since no1 will fight u 1on1 anyways :whistle:

mp

Maybe in the past it was a nice perk to get.

But if i had to waste 7 pps i would get evanescence perk +2 physique or coords.

I don't think that 5 def is better than 10% more chances to avoid being hit in compat + 2 physique or coords.

Lets say that someone at 80's def has 40 coords.

The chances to avoid a hit from Luci or Toomass are 0%.

Same if his coords was 48 or if he had tinf.

But with evanesence the chances are 10%. If u add a mirror cape things are much better.