Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lumino

Eternal Buzz

Well, I have been planning a new podcast all about EL called Eternal Buzz. For those of you don't know, a podcast is like a radio show over the internet; you can listen to the episodes online at any time. Basically, I recorded the first episode and then I stopped and decided I needed to ask all of you what your opinions are. Since I'm doing this for the community, I need to hear your thoughts on what you want this to be! So please post here with any thoughts/ideas/desires so that I can learn how to better serve the community with this podcast. I know that this isn't really an event per se; but it sort of is in that there is a new thing coming along in the community, so I figured it counts :)

Thanks all,

Lumino

I guess you could do this like the eternal lands newpapers... But I haven't seen any new stuff on them in a while. I'm not even sure if they still exist.

There could be a lot of things on this podcast, it's not a bad idea but I don't see a big benefit in it either.

EDIT:

Seems they're gone

Eternal Times Newspaper

Irilion Informer

You can't find anything there I guess... So the links are kinda useless, but maybe there are some ideas in it.

Edited by Cyprom

The eternal times failed badly, if you want to do this you'll need a really active team who are willing to pu the effort in.

Sounds like a good idea lumino.

But it will probably be hard to do, you have to keep it going, and find new info for every podcast, like sparhawk said a really active team, with a lot of effort.

I'm willing to help as always, I'm just not sure how well it will go... I must say though, I thought you had your hopes up to much for the gala, and that went even better than you had hoped :)

I'd love to see this happen, sounds great for when you're harvesting and getting bored of youtubing videos.

Personally I'd like to see/ hear interviews on different people/ guilds.

Edited by LoneWolfStrider

Well I know the power couple is in Romania, but I was hoping Radu would let me interview him remotely and have that as part of the show; interviews will probably be a major part of the podcast. I recorded a first episode but somehow managed to delete it :0 One question I have is whether people would prefer to have it be "newslike" and professional sounding, or more personal and unscripted. I tried the latter the first time, but I can do either pretty well I think :)

Lum

From many of the pod casts I have listened to, unprofessional and unscripted tend to be funnier and more interesting at times, other times they can sound almost awkward, imho. But keep in mind younger players may want to listen to it ( If you have no plan on editing) =s

this sounds awesome!

I'd totally love to be a part of it if you need any help and if i can work out some free time

this sounds awesome!

I'd totally love to be a part of it if you need any help and if i can work out some free time

Same =x I have a headset/ teamspeak and other communicable programs if you're going to get a team together.

I also have a headset and recording software, I will be the main host, but I would love to have frequent guests on the show whenever possible...for the present, I am interested in doing interviews with well known players and developers, starting with Radu if he agrees, and moving on to various guildmasters. Drama is good, so if I can get two people with totally opposite opinions on the show and let them have at each other, of course with me moderating it, that would be awesome. If it takes off, we can make it a live show too...

Thanks so much for offering to help, Kat and LoneWolf. I can think of two main ways I could use help:

1. Gathering content for the show/helping with scripts

2. Coming onto the show from time to time as a guest reporter (i.e. And now, let's have a quick update on <topic> from <player>)

We can record interviews/interactions with Skype.

Lum

ill help in anyway posible. i can do most anything envolving computers,cameras and tv's lol :)

Everything is going well, we have a plan for the first three episodes, including some VERY interesting special guests. First episode coming soon I hope, I will make a new thread when its ready

Three episodes planned already?! man if you want me to help you'd better let me know whats going on :(

don't worry I'll spam you to death when you log on to find out whats happening. :icon13:

And I offer my continued hopes that everything goes well, this is sure to be great, so listen in folks. I do know a little bit, and at least the first episode will definately be worth your time :w00t:

Lumino didn't ask me to post, but I thought I would just to update you folks.

He is currently having some computer issues and his laptop is being repaired. As stated he has 3 episodes planned, I'm sure one of his first goals when he gets his computer propperly back will be to work on the podcast. :pinch:

Again, this dosn't techinaclly come from Lumino, but I'm sure he is happy and thankfull for everyones show of support and interest. And I KNOW he wishes he was ingame and on forums more. :)

Hello all. Thank you Enly for addressing everyone on my behalf, you captured my sentiments exactly :) Since my computer isn't working, I am using another one, which makes it impossible to play EL (although I can from time to time get on a different comp to play). So for now I need to work on whatever I can from this computer. Unfortunately, the podcast really can't go forward until I have my laptop back to develop the site, get the technical stuff up, etc. So, the grand opening will be delayed a month or so, maybe just a few weeks; I cannot be certain. In the meantime, I can use help in another area--content! All of you who offered to help, here is what I need. Get together some information for an episode and forum PM me with it. Examples are:

1. find a guest for the show

2. research an in-game event/happening and write up some info on it

3. take a poll somewhere in EL and send me the results

4. get quotes from important people

5. write opinion pieces/gather data that is interesting for listeners

6. and anything else you can think of!

Basically, there's a lot of content I could gather if I was ingame (talking to people, asking questions, etc.) but right now I cant really play EL, so all of you are my eyes and ears! :) I will take raw data you submit to me and convert it into scripts. Thanks very very much for all your help.

Btw, when gathering info and questioning people, you can cite that you "work for" the Eternal Buzz podcast, if people have complaints/questions, please direct them to me.

Thank you all SO much for the enthusiasm, I know this can be a success.

Lumino

I have been going around EL and polling different people and gaining some interesting results. When I have gotten more results, I'll tell you all about the poll, Lumino.

What a great idea! I'll definitely listen in once it's completed. Just a few questions, though. How long will the show last? Five minutes, ten minutes, half-hour, hour? And will there be 'sections', like fighting, mixing, updates, developer stats, random people's PoV on the game? I can't wait to see, er, hear it! :o