Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sufi

Tweak True Sight potions

Ok, I know this won't be popular, but I think it's a good suggestion for the overall game. At present, true sight pots have a penalty of lowering your a/d when they fail. The problem is, this isn't a penalty for most players...it's actually a benefit! Everyone knows ts pots are used in this manner.

Entropy wants more people to train on chims, so I think ts pots should be tweaked to give a negative 10 to coordination rather than a/d. This would be a real penalty and would prevent so many from using ts pots to train on fluffies, thus making chims a better alternative.

Before anyone asks, I use ts pots on fluffs now, so it's not like I'm looking for a personal advantage.

hmm...

problem tho i think is if u lose P/C you'll also lose your emu... by 100 i think..

this can be solved by if u got -# emu you cant move... i guess

hmm...

problem tho i think is if u lose P/C you'll also lose your emu... by 100 i think..

this can be solved by if u got -# emu you cant move... i guess

Or, you drop random items in your inv to accomodate the lowered emu. The point is that losing a/d is actually used as a benefit rather than a penalty. It's a game flaw, imo, that should be adjusted. If a player wants the actual benefit of ts pots, he/she should train magic and use the spell.

Entropy wants more people to train on chims, so I think ts pots should be tweaked to give a negative 10 to coordination rather than a/d. This would be a real penalty and would prevent so many from using ts pots to train on fluffies, thus making chims a better alternative.

And people who use TS pots now to be able to train on chims ?

My def level do, that they don't attack me, and yetis are too strong to train.

If chims don't attack would they be hard to train, yetis would be better because of better drops.

To make more people train chims - make better spawns.

Fchims are impossible to find, and only one mchim on no pk map.

To make more people train chims - make better spawns.

Fchims are impossible to find, and only one mchim on no pk map.

I agree that more chim spawns are needed.

Just a thought...

You drop coord by 10, become less able to fight, but no real benefit. This might also prove a problem for the original intention, which seems lost to people - finding hiding people in a map.

Oh, and a temporary drop in coordination - I don't remember drinking p/c potions giving a typical boost to EMU, why would this give a temporary drop?

Well I think that pots that lower your coord or phys would be very usefull.

Sometimes it would be nice to be able to try different combinations.

But it should be other pots.

What I mean is, would be nice to be able to train both fluffs, dchims, fchims, mchims and yetis without getting too bad xp.

Would be less boring.

Edited by Zamirah

Just a thought...

You drop coord by 10, become less able to fight, but no real benefit. This might also prove a problem for the original intention, which seems lost to people - finding hiding people in a map.

That's the point...if inv potion fails, you get poisoned. It's a penalty. If true sight pot fails, you get lowered a/d, which for many is the intention of using ts pots, rather than a penalty.

Oh, and a temporary drop in coordination - I don't remember drinking p/c potions giving a typical boost to EMU, why would this give a temporary drop?

Good point. Using coord pots simply prevents you from trading with someone. A decrease in coord could have the same effect.

I Agree with Sufi's idea... TS pots shuld be called EXP increasing pots, atm they are just used for lowering a/d to make it possible to get better exp... a drop of 10 phys/coord wuld be a much better idea, and like he said, stop people from training fluffies/feros and make them move on to Chim's... as for the people complaining about not enough chim spawns, I 100% agree, especially now that tirnym has been turned into no rosto pk (not complaining bout it, just saying no1 is gunna train mountain chims in pk with no rosto).

Also i would like to add that i too use TS pots. :)

I Agree with Sufi's idea... TS pots shuld be called EXP increasing pots, atm they are just used for lowering a/d to make it possible to get better exp... a drop of 10 phys/coord wuld be a much better idea, and like he said, stop people from training fluffies/feros and make them move on to Chim's... as for the people complaining about not enough chim spawns, I 100% agree, especially now that tirnym has been turned into no rosto pk (not complaining bout it, just saying no1 is gunna train mountain chims in pk with no rosto).

Also i would like to add that i too use TS pots. :cry:

thought about that post long, and imo this maybe is the reason why pk isnt that popular...

i thought of this:

1) less chims ingame, only 1 trainable chim ingame atm, thats the M chim in grubani since willowine spawn sucks more than luci training fluffys.

2)many fluffy spawns, ppl will keep their coord low especially cause yetis are stronger now and not good to train for ppl under 130/135~ 52/108~

3)not many monsters to train above fluff. feros yeh, but DCW = still worse exp than fluff. FC = bad spawns. MC = only 1 trainable spawn.

so there are 2 sides now.

a ) ppl with LOW coord for fluff/feros i.e masterpiter and other ppls

b ) ppl with HIGH coord and nice a/d for yetis i.e Ambrosius and other guys.

if group a ) goes to pk and wants to have some fun some1 of group b ) comes and kills them in less than 40 seconds. since ppl under 120 a/d have to keep their coord low to lvl more for yeti which needs long time.

just my thoughts, dunno if u also think so :cry:

EDIT omfg i totally forgot topic LOOOOL!

imo those TS pots for coord are also a help to train, 10 less coord = much less dmg if u lvled a/d.

i reset soemtime ago and im 32 coord now, alrdy a lil bit to high again for fluff so i TS 5 a/d.

if i had those coord ts pots i would use them, ts -10 coord and get even more exp :)

Edited by Tempest

I will adjust to whatever changes will be made, im a140d150 and perkless 70+ free pickpoints so np for me at all (:

Not all ppl got stats like me so they might be in deep trouble if they cant ts themselfs :)

Thats why i dont like that suggestion.

mp

Another way would be to base experience gained only on real a/d levels and just disregard boost potions altogether when it comes to calculating experience.

TS pots with -30 a/d are much better.

Maybe later when night vision will be implemented some night vision pots with a might penalty would be nice.

Edited by agis29

I totally agree with sufi.

Because as it stands, I am unable to pk people at Imbroglio because people use TS for Yeti. Its simply just not a negative effect.

I totally agree with sufi.

Because as it stands, I am unable to pk people at Imbroglio because people use TS for Yeti. Its simply just not a negative effect.

Are u telling us that its the same thing to be 80's and the same thing to be 100's?

If u cant kill yeti trainers with a -19 a/d penalty better dont attack them at all.

And if someone doesnt like his huge coords he can reset or buy coords removal stones.

Anyway if ts pots will change as sufi said i will be able to remain on fluffies and get good exp untill 160 a/d.

And all players from 120-150 a/d will be able to return back to fluffies.

Edited by agis29

More than half of dp arena fighters use ts to be able to atk so if you really want that arena empty find a way to stop them reduce a/d. The consequences? They will have to go to WS/NC arena where they will get pwned so less ppl will PK :D see what I mean? Som1 has a/d 41/41 he only passed arena limits with 1 lvl but he is still qualified as a dp arena fighter if he goes in another place he dies. So I totally disagree with this idea.

Guest ohmygod

I am a bit lost, why will reducing coord make people train more on chims? MP still trains on fluff and has more def when neged than most yeti trainers have with a god blessing.

I would rather True sight pots have a stackable a/d "penalty" with no limits. Then people can train many more monsters rather than a be tied to certain monsters based on their a/d lvls.

Edit: changed them to fluff

Edited by ohmygod

I am a bit lost, why will reducing coord make people train more on chims? MP still trains on them and has more def when neged than most yeti trainers have with a god blessing.

I would rather True sight pots have a stackable a/d "penalty" with no limits. Then people can train many more monsters rather than a be tied to certain monsters based on their a/d lvls.

I agree with that. Those who enjoy a/d training can use ts pots,the players that like p/c can can buy nexuses and stones. Also this way there is no need to add new monsters all the time.

Also its good for potioners and for manuers cause with -30 def the chances to brake your armour are high.

More than half of dp arena fighters use ts to be able to atk so if you really want that arena empty find a way to stop them reduce a/d. The consequences? They will have to go to WS/NC arena where they will get pwned so less ppl will PK :) see what I mean? Som1 has a/d 41/41 he only passed arena limits with 1 lvl but he is still qualified as a dp arena fighter if he goes in another place he dies. So I totally disagree with this idea.

So you disagree with the idea because you think players should be able to use a design flaw to purposely circumvent intended limits for their own advantage?

I am a bit lost, why will reducing coord make people train more on chims? MP still trains on fluff and has more def when neged than most yeti trainers have with a god blessing.

You're confusing intention with penalty. True sight pot failure is supposed to penalize you, not be the actual intention of the user. It is a design flaw that is currently being exploited. If Entropy intended ts failure to actually benefit people, then why not simply make a potion that reduces a/d? Why would a hidden benefit be arrived at by an item's failure to actually work at it's intended purpose?

More than half of dp arena fighters use ts to be able to atk so if you really want that arena empty find a way to stop them reduce a/d. The consequences? They will have to go to WS/NC arena where they will get pwned so less ppl will PK :) see what I mean? Som1 has a/d 41/41 he only passed arena limits with 1 lvl but he is still qualified as a dp arena fighter if he goes in another place he dies. So I totally disagree with this idea.

So you disagree with the idea because you think players should be able to use a design flaw to purposely circumvent intended limits for their own advantage?

You're confusing intention with penalty. True sight pot failure is supposed to penalize you, not be the actual intention of the user. It is a design flaw that is currently being exploited. If Entropy intended ts failure to actually benefit people, then why not simply make a potion that reduces a/d? Why would a hidden benefit be arrived at by an item's failure to actually work at it's intended purpose?

How do u know that its a design flaw?And if it is, your suggestion is to cover the design flaw with a worst design flaw?

Ts pots with coords penalty will ruin many things like the prices of coords removal stones and all spawns.

And as i said 80's and 100's are not the same. A ts poted player has a big disadvantage.

Having read this thread, I must agree that the failure penalty on TrueSight needs to be rethought.

From the RP perspective, since True Sight enhances perception, then a failure that reduces (or zeros) Perception attribute seems appropriate (as this attribute is becoming more significant).

I don't know if temporary reductions to Might also reduce EMU, but the game does support "overloaded" characters (following reset). There is no penalty for this (maybe there should be?).

How do u know that its a design flaw?And if it is, your suggestion is to cover the design flaw with a worst design flaw?

Ts pots with coords penalty will ruin many things like the prices of coords removal stones and all spawns.

And as i said 80's and 100's are not the same. A ts poted player has a big disadvantage.

How do I know it's a design flaw? Is the decrease in a/d supposed to act as a penalty or not? If so, it is flawed because it is acting as a benefit. If not, then why have a benefit added when a potion actually fails its purpose?

As for the decrease in coord, that was simply a suggestion for something that will actually act as a penalty. It is a suggestion that can be changed or discarded altogether afaic. But the design flaw exists and should be fixed.

When ts pots were added u could have -100 a/d. TS pots changed and now they have only -19 a/d penalty.

There is a reason for those pots to have this penalty.

When u train with -19 a/d the chances to break your items are much more than usual. Thats the first penalty.

With negative food level u ll waste much more sr's and he's. Thats the second penalty.

Its a big disadvantage to train in improglio islands or in any pk map with -19 a/d.Thats the third penalty.

Training with ts pots will make u go to restock in a short period.After that u may try to find a spawn for hours.Another penalty.

The penalty should be increasead actually and ts pots should provide -30 or even unlimited a/d penalty.

Otherwise there is no reason to train at all. Imagine yourself to train without ts pots and after a long long time to reach 140 a/d. You will still be weak cause others(yeti trainers and red dragons slayers) will have 200 coords. And players at your level cant afford to buy hydro bars.Thats the main reason i quit training a/d.

There is no meaning.

There is a huge distance between top players and the rest nowadays. Don't make things even worst.

So, you'd agree that basing experience on real a/d and not on penalized a/d would be OK, correct?

That would remove the benefit of TS Pot failure sufi is talking about.