Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sir_Exeus

The true recomended skills

As you know in the EL encyclopdeia it gives you a "recomended" lvl that is needed to make stuf. But what are the reall recomended lvls? I have alch 20 and I am always failing and HE'S. Perhaps you guys could drop some sugestions on recomended alch lvl for ess's.

I have always wonderd recomened alch lvl for

HE's

DE's

EE's

Post what ever info you know about what lvl alch u should have for what ess. ty

Afaik the recommended level just gives you 50% chance...

Nobody can say what level you need to be succesful at an item. Just keep training, as your level gets higher, it'll become easier. Use your head and take some risks ;o

There isn't a no-fail lvl even if you get alch 1000(not saying that getting that lvl is possible) there is a chance to fail fes

right right but wat lvl is safe to make HE's at. i mean i could start making them now but i would lose alot of ingreds and fp's

Actually, HEs are about the best leveling essence for early levels. The food:xp and ing:sell price ratios make it one of the best. I used HEs after a reset. 10k HEs in the alch school had me back up real quick.

If you carry your mums and food to the silver, you can afford a moderate fail rate IMO

It is correct that at the rec level you have a 50% chance at success. That doesn't however mean that you will crit fail 50% of the time. IIRC, every fail has a 1/3 chance of being a crit fail. With that said, personally, I'm comfortable mixing something when I am 30 levels over rec. That may just be my personal preferance, but it seems that I have much less fails once I hit 30 over.

ty celtic lady. Thats all i wanted to know. could you other people perhaps give me your sugestions to?

Best way imo to look at fail rates is to just look at them as a learning curve. You will fail and you will also lose ingrediants. The higher you get the less that happens. (celtic lady seems to have summed it up quite well +30 lvls seems to be about right)

However if you think of the sheer volume of lesser essences you would need to mix to get to +30 lvls over the best xp essences lvl you will be waiting a very long time. So...

Health essence and life essence are the best imo.

Yes you will lose a few but you will makes more money from those you succed to compensate. Players buy health essence at a good rate and if you cant sell life essence the magic stop pays good for them.

When i was starting the alchemical road i made health essence at the mine taking mums and food to the silver ore. then when i got back to storage with a load of helath essence and silver id mix that silver into life essence. Always nice to get the enriched life essences.

Health essence is the staple of alchemists providing the best experiance to food to ingrediants ratios.

Edited by Thyralax

In the case of HEs in particular, the failures become irrelevant if you know where to go. Just grab some picks and a few poison antidotes, and return with a full load of HEs.

I would try 40+. I failed about 3%(more or less) in the 50s. I am 65 now, and I fail about 1/250.

Since HEs is higher than the other Essences you named off, you should know a little less levels than suggested would be good for the rest.

Um, the Alchemy Schools will help a LOT on EXP. You could buy the silver from players. Harvest the flowers on your own and make at least 140exp with about 3-4gc spent on them. I did this a while, then I just did a free alch service for a week, I got the level I needed :)

Anyway, goodluck with your leveling, pm me if you ever need strategies, I can help you out. :P

Well if you want to level, to fail as few times as possible, can you stop when you fail 1-2 out of 200.

With level 120 do I still fail that much ( loose ingreds).

It change a little for different essences, it seem that WE and AE have more fails than the other.

For bars is it 1 out of 500 for steel bars - 1 out of 1000 for silver bars. So less here.

And it look like a low level make more enriched essences than a high level.

And it look like a low level make more enriched essences than a high level.

0.o That could be, since I hardly make any at all anymore :(

Tit bars are pr0 in Alch schools. :) I made maybe 300 bars, and get over 100K exp.

Must be in alc school, which is still quite impressive! :D

Edited by Lexi

I made the FEs myself, harved coal, and bought the Tit ores(2ea) so its not that expensive, 16gc per bar(8 ores each) I made 368 exp per bar, so 23 exp / 1gc. :) I'd like to see someone make better.

I made the FEs myself, harved coal, and bought the Tit ores(2ea) so its not that expensive, 16gc per bar(8 ores each) I made 368 exp per bar, so 23 exp / 1gc. :( I'd like to see someone make better.

I would do everything myself, using bones for feeding. The FEs would give me another 10.5k exp. With my way I would make 113exp/1gc :) That's some good exp there.

If I bought the titanium ores it would be- 20exp/1gc ( your Rationality must be higher than mine, Chosen :D )

On the other flip of the coin. When I made HEs, I was getting 158exp per HE made. I bought silver (2gc) and bones (2gc). I made appox. 28exp/1gc.

Just so you know, this is mixing them in an Alchemy School

How I did it;

Will make a nice round number for everyone; 10 Hes; 1580 exp for me cause of my Rat (the base is 1400)

20 Silver Ores (40gc)

10 Flowers (free... come on you can spend time harvesting these... are you this lazy?)

8 bones (16gc)

So for 1580exp, I spent 56gc. Devide the 2 together; 28exp/1gc (26exp/1gc for Base EXP)

Now, you may have to make more HEs than Titanium Bars, but less running to storage (7-10 emu as apposed to 19-23 emu), maybe the same amount of work, but a shorter "get ready process", all depends on how you do it :).

And I am sorry if this example isn't for non bone eaters, food cost gc too, just remember that. Toads Come free, try those, you would save even more gc. :)

Anyway, that's my example. Some people make LE in the schools too, because they involve half the silver.

Edited by Lexi

I made the FEs myself, harved coal, and bought the Tit ores(2ea) so its not that expensive, 16gc per bar(8 ores each) I made 368 exp per bar, so 23 exp / 1gc. :( I'd like to see someone make better.

I would do everything myself, using bones for feeding. The FEs would give me another 10.5k exp. With my way I would make 113exp/1gc :) That's some good exp there.

If I bought the titanium ores it would be- 20exp/1gc ( your Rationality must be higher than mine, Chosen :D )

On the other flip of the coin. When I made HEs, I was getting 158exp per HE made. I bought silver (2gc) and bones (2gc). I made appox. 28exp/1gc.

Just so you know, this is mixing them in an Alchemy School

How I did it;

Will make a nice round number for everyone; 10 Hes; 1580 exp for me cause of my Rat (the base is 1400)

20 Silver Ores (40gc)

10 Flowers (free... come on you can spend time harvesting these... are you this lazy?)

8 bones (16gc)

So for 1580exp, I spent 56gc. Devide the 2 together; 28exp/1gc (26exp/1gc for Base EXP)

Now, you may have to make more HEs than Titanium Bars, but less running to storage (7-10 emu as apposed to 19-23 emu), maybe the same amount of work, but a shorter "get ready process", all depends on how you do it :).

And I am sorry if this example isn't for non bone eaters, food cost gc too, just remember that. Toads Come free, try those, you would save even more gc. :)

Anyway, that's my example. Some people make LE in the schools too, because they involve half the silver.

16 Will, so maybe. Hmm, well I don't have any Nexus apart from Human, so I can't harv Tit myself, but it's not that bad, making FEs, I forgot to include that exp too, so it's a little more than I said, think I make 11 exp per FE, and I suppose you could include the exp on Harving too. I don't use Bones, I use FPs, but I make enough GC from training a/d (And getting Bones) to buy my FPs, so I don't really loose out there.

I also make LEs in alch school, cheap and easy to make, and ELEs aint that much of a loss to me, either, so I don't mind making them.

#Edit - Toads arn't free, IMO, the amount of Toadstools you'll need to make/use to make a good amount of essences (1000 for example) is too much, take the cost of Poison Anti pots, because you DO need those. And they aint cheap.

Edited by Chosen

Yeah, I mix them with bones, and I always harvest a few here and there, but my main thing in the game is harvesting/mixing. I aint no fighter like you are <3

EDIT; I have never used a poison anidote ever, just heal myself through :)

Edited by Lexi

#Edit - Toads arn't free, IMO, the amount of Toadstools you'll need to make/use to make a good amount of essences (1000 for example) is too much, take the cost of Poison Anti pots, because you DO need those. And they aint cheap.

I use feasting pots too but in combination with toadstools - 1 feasting, 1 toad = foodlevel 55, less poison.

It's very rare I need antidote.

I use feasting pots too but in combination with toadstools - 1 feasting, 1 toad = foodlevel 55, less poison.

Ah yes, when I use FPs (very rarely...) I top them off with a toadie :confused:

I normally eat toadies first anyway, until I get poisoned, then I use my bones until I have like 1-2hp damage from the poison, then I start on toadies again. B)

Record of Toadies in a row without poison; 56. I have some great luck on them...

Yes, it is! I roughly have to heal 3 times ever 400-600 toadies I eat.

Ah yes, when I use FPs (very rarely...) I top them off with a toadie :confused:

I normally eat toadies first anyway, until I get poisoned, then I use my bones until I have like 1-2hp damage from the poison, then I start on toadies again. :P

Record of Toadies in a row without poison; 56. I have some great luck on them...

rofl the first time i ate toad i got poisoned :D never ate one again =(

Oh no!! don't let that discourage you! Oh well more for me then.