Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mugwump

Get out the vote!

I left a post in suggestions, but thought it should be repeated here. Besides, I need an answer!

What is the address of the site we vote for EL on??

This information pops up in the server messages in the game, but I don't see it anywhere in the main website or here in the forums. It should be a big and bold banner link at the top and bottom of every web page that has the initials "EL" on it!! Including Elmo Livingstone's AOL home page!!! Also required on all the guild sites and pages.

And another thing! That is not the only site where MMORPG's can be voted on, there are plenty out there considering my Googling for the one we use couldn't find it in 14 pages of results....

So, why don't I have the address at my fingertips? :medieval: Um, Elmo Livingstone's Syndrome, that's why! Actually I'm still settling my computer crash and switchover, and still haven't figured how to get my old bookmarks and email moved over. I am sure I'm not the only one who can't go vote for EL at a moments notice and there should be more effort to get us all making those four or five exhausting clicks at least twice a week! :medieval:

By the way, what was that address again??

http://www.mpogd.com/

:medieval:

#Edit - I used to Vote alot, but everytime someone #Message's Vote now!..... I'm always on a Spawn or about to die, so never get time. :medieval:

Edited by Chosen

Imo we only help that website getting ads money, imo they barely help the game getting players here. In reality people only go vote there and close page, who of you really looked through that list more than once?

Imo we only help that website getting ads money, imo they barely help the game getting players here. In reality people only go vote there and close page, who of you really looked through that list more than once?

I went through it a lot and even downloaded several games...

I deleted them all though, not worth it :medieval:

I don't vote for EL anymore either

Being in the top 5 is good enough, if we were at the top tho more ppl that look at the site would want to play el, and if they are a bunch of rule reaking naabs then they will just get banned. who knows some of those ppl might have something good to contribute to el :icon13:

.....or wont wear a rostol in pk :D Eaither way im note gonna vote, if i didnt see this i would have totally forgotten about the website

Edited by ElWood

im afraid if we win we will get a flood of scamming bad mouthed BJing noobs >< i dont think we want that.

Why would you assume people joining who've learned of EL through MPOGD would be that type?

im afraid if we win we will get a flood of scamming bad mouthed BJing noobs >< i dont think we want that.

Why would you assume people joining who've learned of EL through MPOGD would be that type?

You never know, some 54 year old killer could decide one day that he wants to play MMO´S and goes to that website...im not saing there are any of em playing el im just saying the internet could be anyone.

You never know, some 54 year old killer could decide one day that he wants to play MMO´S and goes to that website...im not saing there are any of em playing el im just saying the internet could be anyone.

hhahahahahahahahahaa

That is the funniest reason not to vote I have seen yet.

S.

We dont wanna win. Just be #2

Yes, my understanding is that we don't want to be #1, because the winner is removed from the running for a year. We want to be number 2-5.

scaf

We dont wanna win. Just be #2

Yes, my understanding is that we don't want to be #1, because the winner is removed from the running for a year. We want to be number 2-5.

scaf

kk then ill just vote when we are 3 or under

Maybe some lines of code in the website like:

<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT= " FREE MMORPG, open source rpg, linux MMORPG, PVP...etc

<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT= ...

would help the game much more than mpogd.com. The keywords were just an example btw.

The code of eternal-lands.com is <Meta Name="Keywords" CONTENT="Eternal Lands, EL, Entropy, Roja"> but this doesnt help if someone is trying to find a free on line mmorg in google or in other search engines.

Thats the source code of another free mmorpg i dislike: <meta name="Keywords" content="Runescape, Jagex, free, games, online, multiplayer, magic, spells, java, MMORPG, MPORPG, gaming">

Edited by agis29

Voting on the www.mpogd.com site is a good thing, as it helps spreading the word of this game. Whether we attract "bad" gamers from that site or not will only show in the game and that's where the community and the moderators comes in.

So please do not hold off voting based on what might happen if we get enough votes. If you don't like to vote, don't but if you want to see a great game attract more attention, please do vote.

http://www.mpogd.com/ and click VOTE

Maybe some lines of code in the website like:

<META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT= " FREE MMORPG, open source rpg, linux MMORPG, PVP...etc

<META NAME="DESCRIPTION" CONTENT= ...

would help the game much more than mpogd.com. The keywords were just an example btw.

The code of eternal-lands.com is <Meta Name="Keywords" CONTENT="Eternal Lands, EL, Entropy, Roja"> but this doesnt help if someone is trying to find a free on line mmorg in google or in other search engines.

Thats the source code of another free mmorpg i dislike: <meta name="Keywords" content="Runescape, Jagex, free, games, online, multiplayer, magic, spells, java, MMORPG, MPORPG, gaming">

Runescape? Jagex? Java? WTF

Besides, the tags are totally useless, and I have no clue why we have some tags (I wasn't consulted on that).

The meta tags are good for search engines and large spiders to crawl around and pinpoint sites for seekers, at least that used to be the way that worked. The more keywords the better ranking in search results. A lot has changed since I learned that, though... :blush:

QUOTE(ElWood @ Aug 2 2007, 10:18 AM) *

Hey ElWood! Gimme a break, I'm only 50!! :evilgrin:

In the company i am working i added <META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT= " travel,crusises,ticketing, air ticketing...

The result was to increase our sales from the internet (10%) and 30% more traffic to our website-most customers from the usa. Of course that happened when google cached our url.

I submited the url to many search engines using exactly the same keywords.

I think it will work with el too cause many websites have eternal-lands.com as a link.

Google stopped indexing meta tags ages ago. Only some small search engines do it. Nowadays google uses more advanced indexing techniques where metatags aren't used anymore since it's easy to abuse them.

Edited by Cycloonx

Google stopped indexing meta tags ages ago. Only some small search engines do it. Nowadays google uses more advanced indexing techniques where metatags aren't used anymore since it's easy to abuse them.

Google never stopped indexing meta tags. What changed is that meta tags are not the most important thing in google rankings.

The service is here http://www.google.com/addurl/

Check this also el to see it with your own eyes.

Edited by agis29

I don't see how that shows evidence google is still using the meta tags? All the keywords you gave can be found on those pages in the text.

Exactly.

I don't see how that shows evidence google is still using the meta tags? All the keywords you gave can be found on those pages in the text.

Google do use the Meta tags, but they're a very small factor in their ranking system. In fact, they're read more for robots.txt-esque control of what's indexed. Read Google Webmaster Guidelines for more information.