Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LevinMage

Error in killed counter section

I was fighting the dragon (red) with a whole bunch of other guildmates. After a strenous battle with multiple deaths, I happened to look in my kill counter section and saw that it had that I killed my own guildmate during that time. After noticing this, I asked her about it and she said that she also gad on her death counters that I had killed her.

Is there some way I could have killed her during this battle even though we are fellow guildies?

I was fighting the dragon (red) with a whole bunch of other guildmates. After a strenous battle with multiple deaths, I happened to look in my kill counter section and saw that it had that I killed my own guildmate during that time. After noticing this, I asked her about it and she said that she also gad on her death counters that I had killed her.

Is there some way I could have killed her during this battle even though we are fellow guildies?

No, the kill counters are trying to guess who killed who amd lots of people crowded around one spot can confuse it (you were probably standing next to your guildie when the dragon killed her)

I didnt know the counters worked that way, but there were many situations where that happened so I assume you are correct. I just assumed the game knew who was killing exactly who???

The server knows many things. A few it will even tell the client.

Unfortunately, who's fighting what is one of the things the server doesn't tell the client.

The counters check direction/distance and the end of a fight through death; in order to be able to get a reasonably accurate list (yes, it could be better, but server coding is a lot rarer for security/other reasons, so working around problems in the client is simpler).

I died this afternoon and it didn't register on the death counter!!

Training on Fluffy and the next thing i know i lagged and had to shut game down!! And wasn't able to log in also for about a minute or so.

Underworld and my death was not registered in my Death Counter!!

Sorry if I did highjack the thread! Thought this was the best place for it!!

I died this afternoon and it didn't register on the death counter!!

Training on Fluffy and the next thing i know i lagged and had to shut game down!! And wasn't able to log in also for about a minute or so.

Underworld and my death was not registered in my Death Counter!!

Sorry if I did highjack the thread! Thought this was the best place for it!!

The counters are in the client, so since you died while you were logged off, it didn't know you had died or why. The kill counters are 'educated guesses' as to what killed you or what you killed. I also expect Archery will mess it all up.