Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

More level limited PK arenas or maps

Hi

I think the Law Level idea would be interesting to implement in just one arena. The fact there are different caps for some arenas already makes them more interesting, and DP arena has always been the first place for young players to visit. What I remember about this thuogh, was that it was good for low levels to try pvp in, but it was also good for low levels to watch higher levels fighting.

This feels like a messy message already :( But basically I think an arena that only allowed a certain difference in combat level to attack would provide a place for people to fight at 90/90 as well as at 10/10. It sounds like it could satisfy all future requests for additional capped arenas. If it was based on combat level and allowed a difference of 10-20 a/d it would be fairly similar to how DP is now. The charm of DP arena ofcourse is that p/c can be high and tricks can get your a/d down, which would no longer be as possible.

The argument in favour of law level style pk is that it combats the described problem of people wanting to stick to their current a/d to stay at their favourite arena. The graduation would allow players to increase their combat ability but still fight at the same arena. But do we really want people spending their pk lives at one arena?

Well I've written plenty to reply to and the point of it isn't entirely clear :) So goodluck with the continued debate. I can't say whether having this Law Level style pk in just one arena will be positive for PK or negative, but it sounds like something that might be fun to throw into the game and see what happens.

On a lighter note... let's have a pk arena on IP capped at 10/10 and bet on newbies fighting for tutorial furs. Joke, I'm not that cruel. :(

Edited by kailomonkey

About the arena: it can be 100a/d arena for me but like i told in other thread, ppl who r higher lvl than that also should be able to attack ppl there( they could have some possibility to have lower lvl while fighting at the arena).

For example: a/d limit is 100/100

P/C limit is 60.

If some1 with p40c120 and 140a/d enters the arena his a/d automaticaly goes down to 100/100 and his coord goest from 120 to 60, his phys is under 60 so doesnt go down.

In this case even very high lvl is "reachable" for lower lvl ppl but he can attack them too, so it will be more about the pking skill, not highest a/d/p/c.

mp

I like this idea, then anyone can pk in any arena. This might also take away from the people who want to actually pk there who are under or at that level. It would be a fight for equipment (thermals n' stuff) instead of levels and attributes. I think there should be one arena like this, but I don't think we should change the existing capped arenas.

I can't wait to see what happens next server update. :)

Maybe some of the ideas will come in-game?

Does teh g0d have any comments?

Saint

Edited by Saint

*inserts quote from masterpiter or saint*

Oh I didn't see that one, another good idea to allowing capped-type arenas that let players use it as they exceed the attack limits. Many positive solutions here to the theorised social repercussions of the basic capped arenas. Nice work.

*spell checks reprecussions* oh I see it's reapercussions hehe

Yes, me and many others also like idea of pk server.

About the arena: it can be 100a/d arena for me but like i told in other thread, ppl who r higher lvl than that also should be able to attack ppl there( they could have some possibility to have lower lvl while fighting at the arena).

For example: a/d limit is 100/100

P/C limit is 60.

If some1 with p40c120 and 140a/d enters the arena his a/d automaticaly goes down to 100/100 and his coord goest from 120 to 60, his phys is under 60 so doesnt go down.

In this case even very high lvl is "reachable" for lower lvl ppl but he can attack them too, so it will be more about the pking skill, not highest a/d/p/c.

mp

this is the best thing iv heard about a high a/d level limit arena, but p/c cap would just get everyone to take 60/60 p/c then add the rest to vitality and have low damage from each hit with fights lasting too long