Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

More level limited PK arenas or maps

it should be that your phy/cord only has affecto to the att/def u have. low att/def and high phy/cord cross each other out. my opinion is to make a phy/cord limit on DP arena. to man uber pkers with low att/def.

it should be that your phy/cord only has affecto to the att/def u have. low att/def and high phy/cord cross each other out. my opinion is to make a phy/cord limit on DP arena. to man uber pkers with low att/def.

I agree with that. And ts pots shouldn't work at those arenas. They didn't work in the past iirc.

A ts poted player with a/d level 69(50 with ts pots) is much stronger than a normal 50 a/d player.

Usually the first player has more p/c,he is more experienced and his restoration doesn't fail.

Thats why Dp arena is empty nowadays.

[

I agree with that. And ts pots shouldn't work at those arenas. They didn't work in the past iirc.

A ts poted player with a/d level 69(50 with ts pots) is much stronger than a normal 50 a/d player.

Usually the first player has more p/c,he is more experienced and his restoration doesn't fail.

Yes I agree with that aswell. No TS aloud :P

Edited by exeus101

ffs people stop adding complexity to the idea.

Lets just ask to have the arenas implemented and see how they go, they can always be changed/removed later if they're not working out, for whatever reason.

bullshit.

My guildmate is a DP arena fighter, he fights there very often, plenty going on there. Quit making wild speculation without actually going to check out if what your saying is right.

Edited by Korrode

lol we all sqabble here like it makes some sort of difference. heres the scoop so you all can save the eyesore of reading 13 pages of pointless debate.

"scoop"

EL pk is a joke. unless you custom fit yourself for war, get countless neg perks for p/c use all but 6 pp from oa's for p/c. ect ect.

dont like it?

ill prequote what i guarentee the developers say

"too f*ckin bad" ^^

now ill prequote the responces to this post

"bitch bitch bitch"

any question?

now ill prequote the responces to this post

"bitch bitch bitch"

Those would be agis responses yes :)

Me?Never :)

To be serious now, firevalor mate a game without pk and fighting can't be called MMORG game.

Thats why u see so many posts about fighting (pk,nmt,brod,ts pots etc).

Edited by agis29

To be serious now, firevalor mate a game without pk and fighting can't be called MMORG game.

Thats why u see so many posts about fighting (pk,nmt,brod,ts pots etc).

what happens when the pk system is more of a joke than bob saget?

you make suggestions.

now what happens when every suggestion gets thrown out by ace/radu/learner/ect?

you say "my fingers hurt way too bad from playing guitar hero and working, why waste my time"

i understand everyones point, and can relate. but uhh. runescape has a funner pk system than EL, and that right there is grounds for improvement

I am pking in wow and i still enjoy pking in el. That means that el is good and pking in el is fun.

I prefer to harvest in el than pking in runescape :D

The problems are

1)Pk is very expensive(rostos,armour etc)

2)You dont win anything while pking (stats,gifts or whatever)

3)Leveling is extremely hard so people are training all the time and they keep p/c low.(those stats are not enough to pk).

4)If you start a skill that means low p/c.

5))Economy makes the game very difficult. Most el players never played a p2p game and they are not experienced. So they keep suggesting penalties. I am not saying this to start a flamewar but i understood how difficult the gameplay in el is after playing other games.We are addicted with el and we cant understand all those things. But others that were playing other games can't accept such a difficult-expensive gameplay.

I can tell u an example that has nothing to do with pk.

When i told my guildies(IN WOW) how much a tit helm costs and that it offers only 3 armour they thought i was joking.

A helmet in wow would provide more material points than a col. None in el thinks that this is weird.

Edited by agis29

I am pking in wow and i still enjoy pking in el. That means that el is good and pking in el is fun.

I prefer to harvest in el than pking in runescape :D

The problems are

1)Pk is very expensive(rostos,armour etc)

2)You dont win anything while pking (stats,gifts or whatever)

3)Leveling is extremely hard so people are training all the time and they keep p/c low.(those stats are not enough to pk).

4)If you start a skill that means low p/c.

5))Economy makes the game very difficult. Most el players never played a p2p game and they are not experienced. So they keep suggesting penalties. I am not saying this to start a flamewar but i understood how difficult the gameplay in el is after playing other games.We are addicted with el and we cant understand all those things. But others that were playing other games can't accept such a difficult-expensive gameplay.

I can tell u an example that has nothing to do with pk.

When i told my guildies(IN WOW) how much a tit helm costs and that it offers only 3 armour they thought i was joking.

A helmet in wow would provide more material points than a col. None in el thinks that this is weird.

sure the economy is a problem, i can understand ent doesnt want to much money ingame on 1 hand.

but on the other hand... more money ingame (not only high lvls rich + noobs poor), would maybe make all easier... people wouldnt worry to much about broken armor, lost rostos, broded stuff. people would go pk more, would be able to use more money since they have more and not care about beeing killed.

this would be a rly BIG change of game, there is basicly no way to do this and it would be much work if ent finds a way (if he would like that idea lol) ... so well that wont work so we gotta think of something else ;)

all ur listed points are right imo, i tried D chims, im to low for them atm ( a/d ~100/110 ) so i surely have to take more coord to be able to train them. i took nice coord, tried them and from the point i start to block D chims nicely i hit them for ~11 average, which means bad exp and fast killing.

since the most ppl want fast lvls they keep p/c low, train fluffs (i hit fluffs with low coord for like 6 average) and dont go into PK cause of their p/c penalty.

Edited by Tempest

EL is basically a capitalistic society. The rich will continue to get richer quickly, while the poor will get richer not nearly as fast. Not really any favorable way to undo this.

The thing about "Our people don't have enough money, let's print more/make it easier to get" is that things, besides the NPC items, are not at fixed prices. When gold becomes easier to get, their prices go up until they hit the artificial ceiling imposed by the NPCs. Same with down, except it's a floor this time. This is called "inflation".

Edited by freeone3000

One problem with all these level limit arenas is that the people with high levels worked for them to be able to use them. It is fun to be able to kill others in 1 hit once in a while, means the other people will be given motivation to train.

In a server with no cap and lots of people with different levels arenas just serve to segregate the community. No-one who has posted in this thread that I have seen (only skimmed through) was around in the old days, when everyone was in KF, high lvls, low lvls, didn't matter. This idea will mean that the low levels will hardly ever go to any PK area other than the one that suits them, abit stupid if you ask me.

If you want to have fights against people your own level ask them for it, or arrange a tournament. I see no need for any more level limited arenas.

One problem with all these level limit arenas is that the people with high levels worked for them to be able to use them. It is fun to be able to kill others in 1 hit once in a while, means the other people will be given motivation to train.
I disagree that any ~130+ a/d'er should be able to "one hit" any 70+ a/d'er. It might be "fun", but it's BS.

As a very high ranked, long time a/d trainer pointed out in another thread, the EL combat system has fundamental problems. In my opinion the "one hitter" is one of those problems.

Now, rather than asking for an entire rework of the combat system, for what i believe it needs, ie. exp based on fights not hits/dodges (bring weapons to training), the removal of the might cross attribute from the coordination attribute, the weakening of dexterity and reaction and the strengthening of attack and defense, etc.... a much quicker "for now" solution for us feros/fluffy trainers is a 100 a/d arena.

edit:

Dont get me wrong, Deified, I think that people with very high a/d should be rewarded... you'll noticed that i proposed strengthening attack and defense above... those people should be able to get every hit in on lower a/d'ers and dodge most of their hits... but "one hit" them? no way.

Edited by Korrode

In the old days cooldown on srs and diss rings was 2 seconds, so u could have nice long fight even if ur opponent was WAY stronger from u, also mirror cape was very often used( it was undestructable or almost undestructable afaik).

Ppl had ~150hp and there was no need for protection from brod/bod and mana destruction rings( dont ask me why those things were implemented :omg: ).

I remember Scarr/Shivar after his stats cut to like 50a/d( from over 100) and he was able to win vs top 10 players, he just mirrored them very good and even tho he couldnt block them he won many many fights vs 5 times stronger players( that he is manually skilled, got crazy reflex and knows oldschool pking like almost no1 else is another story :D ).

mp

I disagree that any ~130+ a/d'er should be able to "one hit" any 70+ a/d'er. It might be "fun", but it's BS.

As a very high ranked, long time a/d trainer pointed out in another thread, the EL combat system has fundamental problems. In my opinion the "one hitter" is one of those problems.

Now, rather than asking for an entire rework of the combat system, for what i believe it needs, ie. exp based on fights not hits/dodges (bring weapons to training), the removal of the might cross attribute from the coordination attribute, the weakening of dexterity and reaction and the strengthening of attack and defense, etc.... a much quicker "for now" solution for us feros/fluffy trainers is a 100 a/d arena.

edit:

Dont get me wrong, Deified, I think that people with very high a/d should be rewarded... you'll noticed that i proposed strengthening attack and defense above... those people should be able to get every hit in on lower a/d'ers and dodge most of their hits... but "one hit" them? no way.

Go and play another game then? The basic combat system is fine, if different from other games, and always has been. And in almost every other game out there someone who has 2x the level of someone else can and should be able to one hit them. In EL due to attributes and items this is not the case, so I don't quite understand your arguement, any player who knows how to spend PPs and use items can never be killed in one hit.

Oh and incase you didn't quite get it my point of high levels being able to one hit lowers was merely a generalization and example of the fact that high leveled players should be able to easily own people who are lower, they earned it through hard work and dedication.

Edited by Deified

Deified, your reasoning for being against this arena is that the 120+ a/d'ers should be able to regularly fight people weaker than them...

But, they cant do that now, right?

I mean, everyone from ogre trainers to yeti trainers complains the PK is dead, yeah?

Ent is going to mass effort atm to try and somehow get people to PK, true?

I've been using KF as a shortcut to SKF for months, in nothing but my training gear, cause it might as well be non-pk, ya?

So what exactly is anyone who's against this idea really worried about? That it will make the dead PK even deader? ...last time i checked, "deader" wasn't a word, cause u cant really get much worse than dead.

All this arena could possibly do is increase the amount of PK fights in EL.

As far as i can see, there is no way at all it could hurt the current situation, it could only possibly improve it... so why the hell not implement it?!

If some grand way of getting people into PK is figured out later, great, remove the arena then.

Deified, your reasoning for being against this arena is that the 120+ a/d'ers should be able to regularly fight people weaker than them...

But, they cant do that now, right?

I mean, everyone from ogre trainers to yeti trainers complains the PK is dead, yeah?

Ent is going to mass effort atm to try and somehow get people to PK, true?

I've been using KF as a shortcut to SKF for months, in nothing but my training gear, cause it might as well be non-pk, ya?

So what exactly is anyone who's against this idea really worried about? That it will make the dead PK even deader? ...last time i checked, "deader" wasn't a word, cause u cant really get much worse than dead.

All this arena could possibly do is increase the amount of PK fights in EL.

As far as i can see, there is no way at all it could hurt the current situation, it could only possibly improve it... so why the hell not implement it?!

If some grand way of getting people into PK is figured out later, great, remove the arena then.

then look further, Entropy has a great idea which might be realized to liven up pk more then an arena.

people who left might be coming back and it attracts more people.

now you suggest an alternative idea which fucks up that good idea of Ent.

support the game by supporting the original idea, Ent can buy more bricks with the $5 for character creation.

with an arena you have to camp at 1 spot. gg have fun spending your time in EL at 1 spot

with an arena you have to camp at 1 spot. gg have fun spending your time in EL at 1 spot
I don't really see how that's a bad thing, this way; when we're looking for a fight, we know where to go :)

Though, i won't deny that the "adventuring across the dangerous landscape" aspect does have appeal, still, I personally would use the arena over the PK server.

It is not purely the level differences that has killed PK, so changing that one this will have no positive effect and quite possibly a negative one. The whole myriad of causes need to be looked at if PK is going to be brought back to what it once was.

The PK server is a much, much better suggestion that yours which will

1) Increase money flow into the game

2) Bring back many older players who have got pretty bored and left, like me

3) Revive the PK system in the game and make it fun again

Yes, me and many others also like idea of pk server.

About the arena: it can be 100a/d arena for me but like i told in other thread, ppl who r higher lvl than that also should be able to attack ppl there( they could have some possibility to have lower lvl while fighting at the arena).

For example: a/d limit is 100/100

P/C limit is 60.

If some1 with p40c120 and 140a/d enters the arena his a/d automaticaly goes down to 100/100 and his coord goest from 120 to 60, his phys is under 60 so doesnt go down.

In this case even very high lvl is "reachable" for lower lvl ppl but he can attack them too, so it will be more about the pking skill, not highest a/d/p/c.

mp

Perhaps start with moving the 60 A/D arena from Naralik catacombs to somewhere that's not so out of the way. Even though it probably takes the about same time to get there from Morcraven Marsh storage than it does from Desert Pines storage to 40 A/D arena, it's kind of out of the way and the orcs down there possibly deter deter some potential pkers and onlookers.

I like the idea of level capped arenas, every 20 levels or so. It's been said before that it's no fun to go pk if you know you aren't going to get a decent fight. I'd like to pk but have too high levels for dp and too low levels for any other arena or pk map.

People want to fight for the xp and for fun, where's the fun and xp in dying in one hit? If I pked now in a normal pk map or arena which is all my levels would allow I would spend more time walking back and forth from the underworld than actually fighting.

The only time I go to pk maps now, I go naked and die quickly. Not great xp for the person killing me and no fun for me if I can't even put up a fair fight.

Sure to take people's point that if you get the levels you 'deserve' to be able to kill people in one hit. But, and this is a genuine question, how much fun is it to walk around a pk map 1 hitting people who won't come back because there is no point?

Levelled arenas would allow people to fight similar levelled players, giving both players xp and a chance to actually live longer than one hit and develop and learn pk strategies, giving them more incentive to train and move to the next challenge of higher level pkers.

People stay at DP with their alts because realistically there is nowhere else to go to until you reach really high levels.

As for the question of Naralik, some people have said it is the distance to sto, it's not that far to sto really, but there is not much room there, either in the arena or around it for people to come and watch and join in as happens at DP. DP is a nice big arena, with seating and room around it for it to attract lots of people who may take time to make up their mind whether to fight or not. There are plenty of better sited arenas that could and probably would be used if they were more accessible for more than one pair of fighters and a couple of spectators.