Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

More level limited PK arenas or maps

I agree with Tempest that Naralik arena is a bad choice.

Dp arena is something nice but unfortunately it ruined pk completely.

High level players instead of fighting in other arenas they are entering dp arena with their alts, full of negs.

I know that many will dissagree with me but a p/c limit or a negs limit MUST be in this arena.

Otherwise strong people will keep pking with alts there and they wont enter to other arenas with their main char.

Also newbies will stop entering there cause sooner or later they will understand that they cant fight an experienced player full of negs.

IF DP ARENA HAD A P/C OR A NEG LIMIT NONE WOULD PK THERE.

Edited by agis29

this is what i mean, a place to have fights you *might* be able to win. that would be fun...
Well said firevalor; that about sums up most of game theory -- a game doesn't work if not-playing is the best strategy.

High level players instead of fighting in other arenas they are entering dp arena with their alts, full of negs.

I know that many will dissagree with me but a p/c limit or a negs limit MUST be in this arena.

Otherwise strong people will keep pking with alts there and they wont enter to other arenas with their main char.

lol, stop and think about it for a minute.

If we have a 40 a/d arena, a 60 a/d arena and a 90 a/d arena, that are all in good locations, it will reduce the amount of "negged out DP arena alts" being used. If people can continue to train past 58 a/d and always have somewhere to fight, that they know they wont just get stomped by someone way stronger than them, there will be less DP alts. People will use their mains, because their mains wont just be getting stomped in PK anymore.

Firstly, that would probably be a bad thing, people PK'ing there is good.

Secondly, I disagree. It would mean people will have to turn to spell, medallion, armor and weapon choice strategy rather than rely on p/c. Heaps of people would still PK there.

--------------------

ent made yetis stronger, means ppl with 120 a/d and 100 coord or lower can NOT train yetis, so most ppl till 120 a/d will have low coord. that means again that if a PK place for ppl will 90's or even better 100's gets implemented, people will go there tsed with 99/99 a/d and low p/c for feros/fluff .... what means that there will be massive and long pk fights, which IS WHAT MAKES PK REALLY FUN.

lets face it, most ppl are scared to go into a pk map cause they know if player XXX comes invisible and summons tigers on me i cant even diss anymore.

so an level limited arena for 100's ppl or whatever with summon stones not working like dp arena is great.

lets imagine this arena will be NC arena... very close to tele room exit, and close to votd/nc stor...

can u imagine that many people will go there? i definitly can :laugh:

exactly :laugh: Edited by Korrode

Secondly, I disagree. It would mean people will have to turn to spell, medallion, armor and weapon choice strategy rather than rely on p/c. Heaps of people would still PK there.

That is a major problem in the game for pking at the moment I feel... P/c ways more onto fighting than a/d does, yet a/d has a soft cap and p/c doesn't...

I think a p/c cap on an arena could be good, BUT I am not sure if it will be popular!!

I think the no summ stones is a great idea, I think summ stones have ruined lower level pk, as peeps with no summ exp can just use a stone to kill another, without like Tempest said the other having a chance to flee...

anyway this is a good idea for nc arena to be capped at a/d 90 and have no summ stone usage!!

lol, stop and think about it for a minute.

If we have a 40 a/d arena, a 60 a/d arena and a 90 a/d arena, that are all in good locations, it will reduce the amount of "negged out DP arena alts" being used. If people can continue to train past 58 a/d and always have somewhere to fight, that they know they wont just get stomped by someone way stronger than them, there will be less DP alts. People will use their mains, because their mains wont just be getting stomped in PK anymore.

Firstly, that would probably be a bad thing, people PK'ing there is good.

--------------------

ent made yetis stronger, means ppl with 120 a/d and 100 coord or lower can NOT train yetis, so most ppl till 120 a/d will have low coord. that means again that if a PK place for ppl will 90's or even better 100's gets implemented, people will go there tsed with 99/99 a/d and low p/c for feros/fluff .... what means that there will be massive and long pk fights, which IS WHAT MAKES PK REALLY FUN.

lets face it, most ppl are scared to go into a pk map cause they know if player XXX comes invisible and summons tigers on me i cant even diss anymore.

so an level limited arena for 100's ppl or whatever with summon stones not working like dp arena is great.

lets imagine this arena will be NC arena... very close to tele room exit, and close to votd/nc stor...

can u imagine that many people will go there? i definitly can :P

exactly :)

I dont have any problem with those areas.Those areas must exist.

What i dont like to see is alts with negs.

And when i am saying "none will pk there" i mean the people with negs.

There must be limitations in those areas or the few people that are in mood for pk, will pk with their alts and not with their main chars.

Those arenas are only for newbies and not for people to spoil their fun.

If i lose a rosto or a tit plate its not a big loss. But for a newbie its too much and he may quit the game.

Btw the pk maps and arenas are more than pker's. :D

It is fun! If I didn't be able to pk there with alt, I would NOT pk with main!

A big no to making a whole map a limited PK area. Easily abusable by characters with huge p/c and low/avarage a/d.

Just because Naralik may be a bad location, who cares? Everything in this game can't be easy and near a storage. If you want a safer place to train, then yes, you will have to go out of your way to do so.

Just because Naralik may be a bad location, who cares? Everything in this game can't be easy and near a storage. If you want a safer place to train, then yes, you will have to go out of your way to do so.

we're not talking about training places.

tbh we're trying to get PK working again, we may have sucky ideas, but a few of what we said is good imo and in the oppinions of others.

so why not give it a try?

Pk was alive when most top fighters were between 85 -120 a/d.

At those levels and when u are training on fluffies its easy to make an a/d level or an an oa.

Usually after that a player is curious to see how strong he became so he will enter a pk map.

If someone wants million of exp he will prefer to train.

Training is the main reason that people dont pk. And when i am talking about training i am mostly talking for levels after 110 a/d.

If we now look at pk maps the persons we ll see are mostly players between 90-110.

All others keep training.

Things are even worst now with nexuses buyers.

Its good to slow down a bit players after 110 a/d but what is happening now to the game is too much.

If players cant make exp they will keep training or they will keep trying to buy nexuses and nexuses removal stones.

I dont think that a player will keep training when he see no progress.

A long time ago the limits were around 110-120 def.

All players that reached that level quit (or almost all of them).

Now the new level of the game is around 140-150 def.

If things remain the same i believe they will quit too.

Edited by agis29

Just because Naralik may be a bad location, who cares?
Who cares, Ace?

Go down to Naralik arena, any time, day or night, see how many people are there... no one.

There's no real reason why a 60 a/d arena should be less used than a 40 a/d arena... most of the top DP arena fighters are double TS'ers, pushing towards 60 a/d anyways... with very little effort, just a brief training stint, those "DP Godz" could be "Naralik Godz"... but thats not how it's happening, the only reasoning that seems at all logical as to why not, is location.

You already said you'd see about giving this a try and i thank you for that Ace, IMO the only thing that could make the suggested arena a flop would be bad location... but even then... I think the clops/fluffy/fero trainers want to PK more than some lower levels... Naralik may still work, but one of the other suggested places would really be much better.

Pk was alive when most top fighters were between 85 -120 a/d.

The very first line of your post pretty much validates my suggestion Agis.

The people who would use a 90 a/d arena are between 85 - 108 a/d.

As Tempest said, a slightly higher limit would probably be ok as well. 95 a/d perhaps.

Edited by Korrode

i only said ~100 a/d cuz 120 a/d is the limit where people get high p/c.

if the arena will be for ppl under 100 a/d it means people with low p/c will be there.

if the arena is for example for ppl at 90 or 95 a/d, some people who are at 115 def have to go to kf, which will be a pain for them if they have low p/c.

Korrode, you failed to quote the second part of my comment. Everything in this game isn't supposed to be easy and near a storage. I have Ent and Roja tell me that a lot when I suggest something. Basically.. suck it up an use it.. even if it may take a few extra minutes to walk there.

i only said ~100 a/d cuz 120 a/d is the limit where people get high p/c.

if the arena will be for ppl under 100 a/d it means people with low p/c will be there.

if the arena is for example for ppl at 90 or 95 a/d, some people who are at 115 def have to go to kf, which will be a pain for them if they have low p/c.

As i'm no where near Yeti level i dont know first hand what the bare minimum a/d is for them, but if it's 120 as you say, 100 a/d would be ok... The only problem i can see there is that its a bigger gap between being a capable fighter in the 60 a/d arena to being reasonable in this arena... but no one uses the 60 a/d arena anyways... so eh.

Still i say we play it safer and go with 90 or 95 a/d.

That 115-120 a/d period can be a training time :blush: ...as it would be with 80-95 a/d for the jump from a 60 a/d to 95 a/d arena... heh, you know, this would work so well imo... people have to go and train for a while but then get some really good PK'ing as reward for their training... then they gotta go train again, then get more really good PK rewards.

EDIT:

Basically.. suck it up an use it.. even if it may take a few extra minutes to walk there.
I would.

But it seems others wont. The proof that others wont is the current state of Naralik Arena.

I'd go to just about anywhere in all of EL to get to the suggested arena, i just fear that others wont.

But like i said:

I think the clops/fluffy/fero trainers want to PK more than some lower levels... Naralik may still work
Just because the 55-78 a/d'ers dont go out there, doesn't mean the 85-110 a/d'ers wont. I know i'd make the trip there, hopefully others will too. Edited by Korrode

korrode yeh ur right.

and the basic requirements to get good exp on yeti is 130 a/d and 120 coord :blush:

at least ... if not even more lol...

there should be an arena for ppl, splitted into it like this:

40's arena => DP

60's arena => naralik

80's arena => WSC arena or MM battle hall (nice for strategic attacks btw)

100's arena => NC arena

over 120 a/d u belong to the big boys anyway... so np for u to go to KF and fight ppl at ur lvls :blush:

but tbh...i would still go to kf for the fun :happy:

Edited by Tempest

40's arena => DP

60's arena => naralik

80's arena => WSC arena or MM battle hall (nice for strategic attacks btw)

100's arena => NC arena

That really does look like a workable, logical setup. :happy::blush:

EDIT: hmmm actually, imo the best setup would be ditch Naralik all together, have WSC arena as 60 a/d and MM batlle hall as 80 a/d... I know you already said Ent and Roja dont like stuff in easy locations, Ace... but PK arena's arent resources of any kind really... unlike monster spawns or harvestables, they dont add any items into the game, in fact, they remove them (equipment BRoD'ing and rosto loses). Having them in "easy" locations is something i would have thought Ent would go for.

EDIT2:

In response to Mango's post below, yes fair enough, gotta have 1 arena for all levels thats easy to get to.

Edited by Korrode

Bad setup, one commen, good-to-reach arena should be for all lvls.

You shouldnt be forced to go KF, if 120+. Everyone gangs me there :blush:.

Bad setup, one commen, good-to-reach arena should be for all lvls.

You shouldnt be forced to go KF, if 120+. Everyone gangs me there :happy:.

if u use -19 TS u r not 120 a/d, dont lie

yes bad setup, but was only an example :blush:

EDIT to korrode: nice idea :blush:

Edited by Tempest

I agree with limits like :

1)40-59

2)60-89

At least a "normal player" this way will have a few chances to pwn someone full of negs.

Unfortunately by dividing pker's to many categories wont work at all.

The arena's will be more than the pker's.

yes indeed.

1 reason why pk is emoty is also that there are 20 arenas...

i think if there would be less, like only NC + Wsc + KF it would be more crowded.

cause if People go pk, they could only pk there :happy:

anyway most ppl are scared of lvl differrence, so this wont work, thats why i post my thoughts here for the "lvl divided arenas"

anyway most ppl are scared of lvl differrence, so this wont work, thats why i post my thoughts here for the "lvl divided arenas"

Imho its not a lvl difference but :

1) invi pots/spell- u can be attacked from a surprise and u see ur opponent after he atted u( invi-harm) or when he attacks u( if he tries attack+harm+dmg ring from invi on u).

In 1st case u wake up in underworld, in 2nd case u got like half of a second for fast response before waking up in underworld :D

2) summoning stones- enemy uses them to catch ur diss so even if u dont do anything wrong u will die( and yes i know there r some ways to escape from such situations but how many ppl know of them and can use them properly? 10-20 players at max ingame).

And to robotbob, i respect u but u forgot about something, if some1 dies he looses at least rosto so its around 3hours of playing lost to get money back for new one.

In no drop days ppl dont loose that 3 hours after death since they dont loose rosto, and that makes them to pk more.

mp

Imho its not a lvl difference but :

1) invi pots/spell- u can be attacked from a surprise and u see ur opponent after he atted u( invi-harm) or when he attacks u( if he tries attack+harm+dmg ring from invi on u).

In 1st case u wake up in underworld, in 2nd case u got like half of a second for fast response before waking up in underworld :D

2) summoning stones- enemy uses them to catch ur diss so even if u dont do anything wrong u will die( and yes i know there r some ways to escape from such situations but how many ppl know of them and can use them properly? 10-20 players at max ingame).

And to robotbob, i respect u but u forgot about something, if some1 dies he looses at least rosto so its around 3hours of playing lost to get money back for new one.

In no drop days ppl dont loose that 3 hours after death since they dont loose rosto, and that makes them to pk more.

mp

Many truths here.

To escape from summon, just before u diss u must summon something,or diss and mana drain the summoned or use tele to rooms or the last solution to press the home button.

But even if someone knows all those things sometimes there is a server delay. Also from the time that nmt was implemented 90's have low magic level and their mana drain fails a lot.

I also agree with Tempest that there is no reason for maps like thelinor to be pk.

I think that few pk areas must exist so that we know where to look and not to search all c1 and c2 for hours.

Edited by agis29

agree, the fastes method to get killed is invis + tiger + attack... u cant do anything.

except casting magic imm very fast or beeing rdy to MD tiger whole time when ur in pk.

i dunno... maybe removing the summon stones would clear that problem, nice and long fights would exist again without people summoning their asses off...but that would ruin the summoners gc source again.. so kinda not good too. very complicated :D

acelon wrote

I dont think this idea will get PK working again.

wow ive heard that so many times its almost pointless to give you guys ideas -_-

maybe its better to let the people who can train a/d 13 hours a day rule the pk maps :)

from now on im gonna keep my mouth shut... acualy my fingers tied, and let the pr0s make their game

bye bye now.