Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

More level limited PK arenas or maps

I searched for "limit arena" and couldn't find this suggested previously...

Simple suggestion, as the topic title says: More level limited PK arenas or maps.

My suggestion specifically is for Tahraji Desert (or as a second choice; Nordcarn Arena) to have a limit on being able to attack set at 90/90 a/d.

Other suggestions on limits for other maps/arenas welcome.

EDIT:

After 61 replies with much debate, this suggestion is changed to:

An arena (not map) with 100 a/d limit.

Edited by Korrode

No, the one in Ywarstav, near the book seller. It was a summoning arena, but it's not like anyone would use it ;)

I searched for "limit arena" and couldn't find this suggested previously...

Simple suggestion, as the topic title says: More level limited PK arenas or maps.

My suggestion specifically is for Tahraji Desert (or as a second choice; Nordcarn Arena) to have a limit on being able to attack set at 90/90 a/d.

Other suggestions on limits for other maps/arenas welcome.

[opinion]

I personally see DP as a negative addition and not a positive one.

Turning TD or NC arena into another ad limit pk area, will create "permanent residents" of these areas. DP

arena, since the creation of its limit, has permanent pk residents who stay at their respective ad level longer

because of it.

How busy is the naralik arena? and how often do you see a dp fighter training? ;) The fear of dying to the

stronger guy drives people into training.

[/opinion]

Edited by robotbob

The fear of dying to the stronger guy drives people into training.
Exactly! And so it also drives them out of the PK arenas/maps where they have no chance to survive!

I personally see DP as a negative addition and not a positive one.
How much people are PKing at DP arena and have fun there? If you remove this arena, all these people will stop PKing because they'll have no chance against top fighters. In the opposite, if there were more capped arenas/maps, people will be less feared to go try their chance there because they'll know that they can't be attacked by players who are much stronger than them.

Anyway, it's just my opinion and this is why I don't PK. During all no rost days, I've even stopped going in PK maps because all I do is dying...

Conclusion: more capped arenas/maps ==> more PK ==> more fun!

Anyway, it's just my opinion and this is why I don't PK. During all no rost days, I've even stopped going in PK maps because all I do is dying...

And why your comment lacks merit.

Because only people who PK have the right to give their opinion now? :)

I "sincerely" apologize in that case! :omg:

PKers are always whining because there are not enough people in PK maps and when I see your comments, I don't really see where you want to get to... ;)

The aim of my post was to say that if I don't PK, it is because I know I haven't any chance in PK maps and I'm not rich enough to lose rostos in 2 sec. I wanted to try tyrnim now it is old style PK but as long there are chims, it's a bit difficult for me...

But if there were any limited arenas for my level (I'm in the mid 80 in a/d) I'll try PK for sure :)

The one in the south-west corner?
No, the one in Ywarstav, near the book seller.
Yes, that would be the south-west corner :):medieval:

imo robotbob, Schmurk's opinion has more merit than yours or mine, because of this:
But if there were any limited arenas for my level (I'm in the mid 80 in a/d) I'll try PK for sure :P
Here is someone who wants to PK, but doesnt. Making changes based on their opinion should be the best way to get more people into PK... and that is what we want, right?

See also:

Level-limited areas creates level barriers; crossing them you go from
big-fish-little-pond
to
little-fish-big-pond
. I prefer graduated solutions, such as a
"Law Level"
, as described in that thread.

Edited by trollson

Here is someone who wants to PK, but doesnt. Making changes based on their opinion should be the best way to get more people into PK... and that is what we want, right?

So the 90ad limit arena is made. Schmurk now feels safe to pk. He levels past 90ad, what does he do now? :o

Pk in other "scary" areas? He posts about, oh no chims, or stronger people, oh my. I personally

love the immediate danger of dying, its part of pk, if someone can't stomach this, a safe

padded room for them to play in won't help. Granted I don't dart into an area when I am certain my

chance of dying at that moment is very high :D But it adds to the drama of it.

----

The graduated pk map that trollson refers to is much like the "wild" in runescape.

Level 1 (1 combat level difference between attackers) etc.

While I love the idea I've seen it in use. Everyone huddles around level 1 afraid to move further.

And the number of beginner alts to pk in level 1 is enormous.

But I still love to see one "wildy" style pk map in EL. :w00t:

I've even stopped going in PK maps because all I do is dying...

I do plenty of dying too, but I still do it because I like it. Its part of pk, and looking for a way to pk

in safety is nonsense.

imo robotbob, Schmurk's opinion has more merit than yours or mine, because of this:

Its not an opinion, but an excuse.

I would love to see more people pking, but DP to me is hours of pretending and chatting.

But if NC arena is made 90ad max, then it will be a sweet place to sit and chat too :P

So the 90ad limit arena is made. Schmurk now feels safe to pk. He levels past 90ad, what does he do now? :o

True sight down some a/d, like people do at DP arena.

#Edit - Sorry, but I don't see this helping PK. Maybe for lower level players.

Edited by Chosen

The game provides:

1)arena's with pk limits.

2)An old pk style map.

3)Total war

4) Pk points

When i was 60s i died from mufossa 5 times cause i wanted to score him a hit ..to see his def.

I lost many many red capes fighting stronger people, i lost rostos and my armour was getting degraded.

Recently i entered arenas and i fought Pain and Ambrosius although i know their p/c.

I died from Luci also and i knew he had js of cooling but i didnt run like a chicken.

I was "kill him at sight" in die! forums and Lorck was after me with his brod.

I also killed many people with higher a/d than me.

But now i know when to do restoration,when to harm,when and how to flee, the stats of many players,what weapon to use against player X, when to summon, when to mana drain etc.

I also had a lot of fun, something very important.

I am not the pr0 pker and i dont even like this word. But i was inside nc arena and outside there were 6 members of a guild and they didn't attack me. I am not Don Pedro, my p/c sucks. Attack me!

Enjoy the game and if u die from someone its not the end of the world.

If someone really wants to pk he will pk.

And stop talking about a/d training cause there are times i get 370k per hour from fluffies but i am still entering pk areas.

Finally lets all start fighting and and leave excuses.

If such an arena exists, I'll be able to go there until a/d 109 and if I reach this a/d one day (not really sure if I consider the short time I can play every day), I think I'll be maybe ready to go in freestyle PK maps.

Pk in other "scary" areas? He posts about, oh no chims, or stronger people, oh my. I personally

love the immediate danger of dying, its part of pk, if someone can't stomach this, a safe

padded room for them to play in won't help. Granted I don't dart into an area when I am certain my

chance of dying at that moment is very high :w00t: But it adds to the drama of it.

Great for you! Are we all obliged to play like you do? Everybody has the right to play at his manner.

For example, I train on monsters only in aug set where all others usually train in full plate + col because I found this more funny. And I die and lose stuff quite often but I don't care as far as I have fun doing it.

But going in a PK map to spend my time fleeing or dying, sorry but I don't call this fun...

BTW, I've seen that your level is not far from mine so if you PK a lot and have fun doing it, I'll be glad that you explain to me how you do :P (it's not sarcasm, I'm very serious)

All opposition to my suggestion so far has been rooted strongly in opinion.

Whether people like it or not, the 40 a/d DP arena has been a great success. Alot more fights take place at that arena than before it was level limited.

I think the key to the Naralik arena's failure is location.

If making an already commonly used location like Tahraji or NC arena is such a "risk", then how about we try somewhere less used, perhaps a c2 location.

The EVTR PK cave would be my first choice; good location.

The arena in Egratia my second; the cyclops on that map already attract people of appropriate levels.

I dont see how implementing this could possibly hurt EL. It should at least be trailed.

Maybe we'll see when ent gets back if we can make naralik arena this 90/90 arena. I just read in my old chat files that only the current a/d limitation arenas are programmed.. which is why the grubani one doesn't work.

lol, reading some of these posts seems like a joke.

i like the idea of level capped pk arena's or even maps (like the pk desert in C1, or an implemented pk arena in skf) whats the fun of running wildly into kf (when some players cannot even kill the chims for christ sake) at 90/90 a/d when you know damn well toomass/luci are right around the corner with a giant stone/cooldown and will fuck you right up in 3 hits?

if you like the danger aspect of that, i guess youd like the danger aspect of being bound, stripped of your clothes, being covered in pigs blood, and being thrown into a lion cage. because your gonna get the same god damn results >.<

Maybe we'll see when ent gets back if we can make naralik arena this 90/90 arena.
:wacko:
I think the key to the Naralik arena's failure is location.

Still... anything is better than nothing, so i aint complaining. Thanks Ace :)

Edited by Korrode

Finally lets all start fighting and and leave excuses.

:)

But going in a PK map to spend my time fleeing or dying, sorry but I don't call this fun...

So in no way will a safe pk map help you. You need a death free one with virtual foam weapons, NERF pk anyone?

BTW, I've seen that your level is not far from mine so if you PK a lot and have fun doing it, I'll be glad that you explain to me how you do ;) (it's not sarcasm, I'm very serious)

Because I just do it and don't whine about it. :wacko:

Great for you! Are we all obliged to play like you do? Everybody has the right to play at his manner.

Super. I'm stating the fact you won't pk until its sterile safe warm and fuzzy.

f you like the danger aspect of that, i guess youd like the danger aspect of being bound, stripped of your clothes, being covered in pigs blood, and being thrown into a lion cage. because your gonna get the same god damn results >.<

You are relating real life death to a game? Have you ever played a FPS? do you cry every time

someone shoots you and beg for a paintball game instead. :omg:

[not a brag but the truth, I'm not a pale 12yr hiding behind a game]

I'm an ex full contact fighter that broke so many of my own bones, cracked my jaw, etc

I like combat, even virtual ones, since my body won't allow me to partake in my old hobby, pk

supplies the combat in my mind instead. I know from fighting, some men are cowards and some are not.

But hardly the sadomasochistic scenario you imply.

You are made stronger by fighting stronger fighters, being the king of DP doesn't help you at all.

Well anyway there are many 'safe' games to play, solitaire comes to mind. :)

@robotbob

Well, I think I'll not continue arguing with you because I've never seen someone so narrow minded than you...

You don't even try to understand what others have to say. It's really useless to speak with you and all I do is loosing my time so enough for me.

Korrode is right imo.

NAralik arena is not used cuz of its sucky location.

naralik is at the ass of the world, no1 ever goes there except to get blessing, no stor close, nothing.

ent made yetis stronger, means ppl with 120 a/d and 100 coord or lower can NOT train yetis, so most ppl till 120 a/d will have low coord. that means again that if a PK place for ppl will 90's or even better 100's gets implemented, people will go there tsed with 99/99 a/d and low p/c for feros/fluff .... what means that there will be massive and long pk fights, which IS WHAT MAKES PK REALLY FUN.

you have a long fight with the enemy, and at the end if ur strategic enough u might get some nice drop :)

the only thing that could ruin or that DOES ruin all this are summon stones.

lets face it, most ppl are scared to go into a pk map cause they know if player XXX comes invisible and summons tigers on me i cant even diss anymore.

well thats what i do now, copied from toomass btw, and ffs i did it 2 hours and got more drop than whole last month. (12kgc drops btw :hug:)

so an level limited arena for 100's ppl or whatever with summon stones not working like dp arena is great.

lets imagine this arena will be NC arena... very close to tele room exit, and close to votd/nc stor...

can u imagine that many people will go there? i definitly can :)

just my 2 cents, would be nice to get feedback on this.

this is what i mean, a place to have fights you *might* be able to win.

that would be fun... not to say im an ebul pker whos hellbent on warping my stats to be king of any arena. i just think the lame ass, 5-6 players ruling every pk there is; is just a plain old waste of time/energy.

and robotbob. sorry to hear youve broken every bone in your body, but did you ever think to fight your own wieght class? :hug:

2 cents.

and robotbob. sorry to hear youve broken every bone in your body, but did you ever think to fight your own wieght class? :hug:

Some of the places I fought, lacked weight classes :)

The only way to win, is by knockout, hence the action is always brutal.

Not every bone, just the ones I use daily lol. Some never quite heal. A wounded tiger forever.