Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hadassah

Knowledge of Potion of Engineering

I bought the Potion of Engineering book and read it. Now it doesn't show up under my knowledge tab and when I try to mix it says I lack the knowledge. I don't see Potion of Engineering listed under knowledge at all. Help!

are you sure you finished? i didn't have this problem... no, the book isn't listed under the knowledge tab, and while reading, if you click on the knowledge tab, it says you are researching nothing, but do #research and it shows up. After book was finished, i made them up no problem.

Alright, now that I've finished the book I thought I'd try to make some. I open the mix window and put all the ingredients in but when I click on the mix button I get disconnected. Every time. It doesn't matter which button either. Mix all and mix both disconnect from server.

Missing knowledge in the list - this happens because the new book is not listed in the file knowledge.lst; the data about which books you have read are on the server, so the game knows if you have read or not a book (same for the #research command), but what _you_ see in ctrl+k or using #know depends on the file you have on your pc (and that hasn't been updated yet).

Disconnection: happens because the client identifies the items using the images, so when a formula includes 2 items with the same image, it gets confused (iirc, that results in sending some invalid data to the server, which respond disconnecting you); this has already been reported:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=35968

way around it, only make ONE, then clear all the feathers from the mix window, then re-add them, then make ONE more, repeat. disconnect will happen every time the formula is NOT reset.

way around it, only make ONE, then clear all the feathers from the mix window, then re-add them, then make ONE more, repeat. disconnect will happen every time the formula is NOT reset.

You dont have to clear all the feathers, just clear the first 2 in the mix bar, and add the feathers that are 2 above the other ammout, that works, and for me is easier. You should soon end up falling into a pattern and find them easy enough to mix.