Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sir_Exeus

Re-think reseting!

:D I will make this clear. reseting is not fair!!!!!

People get att/def in 100+ and reset. then get cord and a little phy and go kill people. Al legal but say a 100+ att/def person with 45health walks into DP arena. players will att this person thinking he/she is a n00b. then the result is in the poor attacker dying. NOT FAIR!!!!

It should be that when you reset you cant set privacy on or your name is blue letters to let people know that you reset. it's very madning to fight somone that reset. somthing needs to be done!

Sir_Exeus

Haha did someone die because they were trying to be a pr0 PKer?

I see no problem with this.. a PK map is a PK map. The attacker chose to risk attacking, so it's their fault/stupidity for not checking.

:D I will make this clear. reseting is not fair!!!!!

People get att/def in 100+ and reset. then get cord and a little phy and go kill people. Al legal but say a 100+ att/def person with 45health walks into DP arena. players will att this person thinking he/she is a n00b. then the result is in the poor attacker dying. NOT FAIR!!!!

It should be that when you reset you cant set privacy on or your name is blue letters to let people know that you reset. it's very madning to fight somone that reset. somthing needs to be done!

Sir_Exeus

This is an intelligent idea, I see no problem with it. You just don't like it because it targets people who lack the experience of ever encountering said person before they reset. Maybe the person who dies should check that person's ranks next time.

I've reset, and i really would like to keep my same color name. Plus, like Acelon said, its your problem for attacking somone in a PK map. Maybe next time you shouldn't judge someone by their health, hmm? And BTW.... Rankings, look here for a general idea at how good someone is

Put Aduard instead of Acelon. *Smacks self*

Edited by Shujral

lol i didin't die. I have never died by soeone who has reset with tons af att/def. i am a intelegent fighter. i know what do do most of the time. but other people dont! i didin't say reseting should be banned i said there should be a warning. WARINING thats all. what do u think about that?

Edited by exeus101

lol i didin't die. I have never died by soeone who has reset with tons af att/def. i am a intelegent fighter. i know what do do most of the time. but other people dont! i didin't say reseting should be banned i said there should be a warning. WARINING thats all. what do u think about that?

btw shujral i check the rankings. and i have a higher pk rank thayn you :D

I'm confused, if it's not affecting you in any way, why did you post this?

i posted it cuz i ALMOST fell into this trap and i watched 2 doa members fight someone with 50 HP and they both died plus my friend got pwned by a reseter (Thats what i call them). Thats my reasoning :D

All part of the game. Be more careful. If you die once, you learn? Nothing really lost. It is just a game.

And it is also unfair that we cannot see the uni/moon/star medallion that they may be wearing or be able to get a listing of their combat perks...

no...wait...thats perfectly fair. It's actually about the only "strategy" available in combat - how you build and how you equip.

Read the blue messages. If you venture into a PK area, expect to die.

of course what all you guys are saying is true i know i know but u arn't getting what i am wanting. i simply think there should be a warning. just a warning of somehow. to much to ask?

frogimus the letters are red and white. not blue

and tuver yes you are right 40/40att and def. thats fine but players obove that can still fight if another player with less than 40 att/def atts first

"obove"

Its 'above'. Not obove

"can still fight if another player with less than 40 att/def atts first"

This is what really gets me. No change needs to be made that allows you to NOT attack people.

"frogimus the letters are red and white. not blue"

He was talking about the #message the mods give out, which is blue.

Edited by Shujral

What some kind of warning as you approach a player - "Warning, Danger Will Robinson, this person reset 3 months ago"

Yeah thats a dumb idea. Just check rankings... Everyone else seems to cope.

ok fine I understand what you all are saying. Shujral i can spell fine but then i have to think. I hate that lol. o and nieldog wats your ingame name?

I dont like this idea at all. There is no reason to mark someone who reset as having just done so. If you go into a pk map then you better know what the heck you are doing or be prepared to die. If anything, I think it is amusing watching some "tough" pkers (who probably true sighted down from 50/60s) who rip on other somewhat new 30-40s a/d players. Instead of trying to jump on players who you think are that much weaker than you, maybe spend 5-10 seconds checking rank page.

I think it should just be an acceptable risk of PKing.

Plus, its going to be evident, if you see somebody with 40HP walking into a PK area with anything above augmented on.

"Look at that newb! How did he get that full Titanium? Lets PK him!"

Obvious, no?

Edited by Kieran13

lol, i like it when that happens... all those ts'd down 50's people with the full Titanium+therm serp/JS/Cutty are always picking the poor lil n00bs who go there just to have fun. Lol i recently reset and i hav low health but decent coord... i think i shuld go try that :lurker:

St_Arcane. ,make shure to wear leather torso and iron long sword. then they will think you just beath the quests fro,m the tutorial npc. :)

ok this was a bad idea. you people have changed my mind. Lets End the topc,