Eternal Lands Official Forums
mufossa

harvestor med test

i did a little harvestor med test to see how it would go ..

i bought 18 meds they produced 120k exp from blessings and 9k gold , i payed 6.5k per med rounded out to about 1gc per 1exp......

also to make a note i lost like 15 out of 18 meds due to bee stings (i think if it were made so that bee stings cant destroy this item they would be more productive)

i dont get the point tbh :happy: another discussion about the Meds?

#Edit: kk i think i understand now :(

Edited by Scorpius

i dont get the point tbh :happy: another discussion about the Meds?

not a disscussion, just posting some facts for those interested parties (crafters mostly, and harvestors interested in that med, after all i did spend about 120k to test this)

i bought 18 meds they produced 120k exp from blessings and 9k gold , i payed 6.5k per med rounded out to about 1gc per 1exp......

This is the largest sample size I have heard of that includes record keeping on exp and gc. It's been a long time since college statistics classes, but I'd say 18 medallions is a large enough sample to have some statistical significance.

In this thread Harvester medallion CelticLady calculated "roughly 5 xp per gc" for making leather helms. I calculated "3 exp points per gc" for disengagement rings. Some people may do better, and many do worse, but an average return of "1gc per 1exp" seems pretty poor compared to the other two examples.

I'd like to thank mufossa for putting so much gc into this test. This is real data, and very interesting (and telling).

I had way more exp from my med when I only used it while I was getting exp. I had blessings for a total of 65k exp so that makes ~10exp/gc. So it's possible to make a profit from it :happy: (and it was not on a special day).

I had way more exp from my med ...

I may have not understood your post, but a sample size of one is not statistically significant. That's what's so great about the above test with 18, that's a large enough sample size to draw some conclusions.

I think the profit margin is proportional to the harvester's level and choice of item harvested.

Nope. Not even close (although it would be nice). From my experience (again, probably not enough meds to be that statistically accurate) it looks like more of an inverse relationship.

I can't speak to the second theory (choice of item).

I had almost the same amount from 2 meds. It's still luck, but I think it's possible to make 'profit' of it in the long run.

Anyway, mufossa didn't tell us when he was wearing it, and what he was harvesting.

I had almost the same amount from 2 meds. It's still luck, but I think it's possible to make 'profit' of it in the long run.

Anyway, mufossa didn't tell us when he was wearing it, and what he was harvesting.

i had it on for the first 120 Dung of everyhour..and im a fairly high level harvestor high 90's

Believe it or not, I broke 3-4 harvester medallions without a single blessing or bag of gold. After that I just gave up on the idea. :)

Rehdon

From my results of Harvesting recently, I'm guessing the best thing to Harvest with that med, would be Flowers.

I've got a Med in Storage, but I use it for it's manu side. Not the Harv'ing. :)

You should try harvesting other items as well.
I can vouch for that :o

So I guess the question is: is there some harvestable that with harvest-med blessings (and perhaps implied lower break rates) that would get you more experience/hour without the high cost of broken meds than harvesting a high experience harvestable (like dung)?

I get 13920 exp/hour on dung (plus a bit if I get a blessing). Can that be beaten each hour withOUT the high cost that mufossa reported in the first post?

I get 13920 exp/hour on dung (plus a bit if I get a blessing). Can that be beaten each hour withOUT the high cost that mufossa reported in the first post?

You should take into account efficiency of xp. Dung is very high xp, but very slow. You can tie up 20-30 minutes getting 13k xp when you could be getting xp in another skill at a faster rate. Unless your only goal in EL is to harvest.

It has been my experience that I get a lot more events once my harvest level is at or above the recommended level. This would affect both the xp/gc gain and the events that can break the medallion.

It has been my experience that I get a lot more events once my harvest level is at or above the recommended level. This would affect both the xp/gc gain and the events that can break the medallion.

i think this may be related to harvest speed (just my guess)

I bought 1 a while ago, but it broke on the FIRST hour opon using it.

I tried another one, here's what I got;

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb33/le...ens/harvmed.jpg

I paid 12,500 for both of them together, I got roughly 1exp for 1gc. And a little extra gc as you can see. I havn't bought another one yet, but I may soon again.

I harvested; Toadies, Coal, Silver, Iron, and Dung with the above med.

Actually, a good question would be, do harvest events happen at a success (when you actually get an item) or a fail (when you don't harvest).

If it's at a success, they would seem more common as levels get higher. If at failures, it would be more common when your harv is lower

You should try harvesting other items as well.

I mainly harvested flowers, and some silver/coal. I guess it was just bad luck, a pity they're so fragile though.

Rehdon

Actually, a good question would be, do harvest events happen at a success (when you actually get an item) or a fail (when you don't harvest).

If it's at a success, they would seem more common as levels get higher. If at failures, it would be more common when your harv is lower

I should have made it clear when I posted the first time, but I mean in the number of events (both positive and negative) per successful harvests, not per hour. In other words, I get more events per 120 cinnabar at levels above 75 than I did when I was below harvest level 75.

edit: this is based on general observation, so I took out references to specific levels.

Edited by Aduard