Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
grinnbearit

suggestions and help [SOLVED]

Hi guys grinnbearit finally back on after discovering BT ip addresses where all in the banned section of el so Roja has whitelisted me so i can actually get on the game however...

When i access EL i can play happily but if i try and access the internet after playing or whilst playing my internet access hangs, all net applications freeze but not the computor applications. The only current solution in restoring this is by restarting pc, then all works as before.

I am currently running xp and my pc graphics card etc easily manage all the latest add ons in EL due to being serious gaming head (nice smooth graphics by the way ) plus easily handles all other applications in relation to the game such as fog blood eyecandy etc tho i dont bother with lamp thingy.

frame rate no higher the 30 tho as more folks come on the game this does fluctuate up to 50-60. but mainly 30's

i cant find any configuration issues but i am no computor buff i can find my round so know limited basics etc so i could easily have missed something so i am throwing it out to the community as i know out there will be someone with brillient ideas to share to aliviate this issue.

my thanks in advance i look forward to hearing from you.

ps after reading forums good to see a few familiar names out there still playing :P

i am just about to unistall and reinstall to see if it makes a diffrence but after that i am all ears to suggestions!

blessing and salutations grin

First of all, what type of internet connection do you have?

my connection is ethernet 8mb broadband via service providers router

Edited by grinnbearit

hi guys any help out there i have down loaded the game now 3 times and reinstalled but game still crashes the net when i exit it. any clues please as i have to restart comp all the time. also if i exit EL by accident then comp must be restarted before i can continue.

i have tried deleting internet history to see if that helps but no joy.

assistence appriciated as this is most annoying.

many thanks grin

I'm kinda lost for ideas at the moment. If you were on dialup then it could just be too much data for everything else, but it sounds much deeper than that.

Bloody hell that's weird eh?

The only things that are coming to my mind are things like your ethernet drivers are borked, perhaps for some reason your card is not doing full duplex properly, and the data from a few different things is causing an overflow or some sort of thing, but I have never heard of anything like it before.

You could try shoving another ethernet card in and try using that with your broadband router, or try removing and reinstalling the ethernet drivers for your current card/onboard lan.

Other than that I don't know :happy:

S.

Edit: Oh, are you running any sort of firewall? either hardware or software?

Edited by Spleenfeeder

Yes, i have avast anti virus running with windows xp firewall, however both of them asked if i required EL to be added and should they trust its software.

To which my reply was, of course, yes. So they should be ( i add that knowing that all things dont go smoothly with pc software :confused: ) causing no ill effects.

Let me know if you can tell me anything different to this tho, i have also tried running EL without fire wall and it still locks up the internet after i exit it. Please be aware this happens only when EL has been played (accessed) and then closed. Whilst running internet access is fine and runs as normal...and yes i agree its the weirdest thing :confused: i have had happen in a while.

thank you for replies so far i look forward with enthusiasm any futher assistence.

blessings grin :confused:

One other thing i have noticed to it keeps changing my screen size on clicking EL icon from 1024x768 to the 600 one which is way to big for my screen ! i have to wait till it loads and re-alter the sizing dunno if this all part n parcel of same issue or just another glitch :D but we fight on.

thanks again folks

grin

I have similar window size issues with old Win98 machine, fresh graphics drivers helped.

No problem with Avast Anti Virus or ZoneAlarm firewall for me. Maybe you have spyware/malware troubles or a virus? I log on to Trend Micro House Call which scans drives and finds/fixes lots of bad stuff, free.

It sounds like your drivers are getting corrupt when EL is closing. Short of having a corrupt library in the EL download, I can't see how, and that seems unlikely after reinstalling 3 times.

I still have no idea, sorry.

Well i appriciate your answars anyway :P and i will try and see if there are newer graphics drivers tho i do update often.

Trend Micro House Call is a new one on me so i will defo have a go of that tomorrow and thank you very much for the suggestion and will let you know how it goes :w00t: .

many thanks folks

blessings grin

ok well i dont now what i did :o but it seems to have settled down, internet is not crashing as much :w00t::P ...so bug glitch i dont know but i wanted to say big thank you for assistence and suggestions.

always know ya can bank on el community to get ya up n running :):D

blessings grin