Eternal Lands Official Forums
grinnbearit

why was i banned can i be unbanned

Hello my in game name in grinnbearit i used to play eternal lands months ago. I was never rude or even highly interactive on the chat so i was amazed when i signed back in after being away to discover i have been banned. I wrote an email to the contact given on the website requesting information, mainly as i was concerned my charactor had been hacked. I recieved no reply but when i signed in again i was allowed to play and no red writing came up on my screen. I played for 2 days then when i went to sign in on the third day my screen again showed up the red writing saying my internet ip was banned then the pc crashed!

Please tell me what is going on if someone is hacking my account i will need to know. I play a lot of net games i am 38 years of age mum 2 kids i am not into being abusive using bad language or anything else so i am totally at a lose as to why

1. i was banned in first place

2. after i sent email i was allowed back in game tho no reply was sent with any explanation

3. why after a couple of days i am banned again.

Also when it came up that i was banned on the game it cause a reaction on my bt router to the point in crashed my entire network blowing up the BT router. BT are currently investigating what happened in relation to how software could cause such an issue to their product so they may be contacting you also as whatever the ban did destroyed their router! It took them 5 days to get my internet service up and running again and as i said to them accessing the game was the last thing i did.

So please can you respond to this email as both british telecom and myself are at a loss as to what ip ban did that caused the router to 'fry', and, also i am at aloss s to why this has happened to me.

sincerely grinnbearit.

please note the email sent to you is from skarrak and full details of my name etc were on the email

ok read a few mails BT was not my provider for the net when i first started this game i have only been with Bt 12 months and i notice you discuss some issues relating to ip ranges and some folks being part ot them? no idea what it means but either way i see a possible explanation but still dont explain how what where n why the router blew but perhaps you can enlighten me but thought i would add that so you at least know attempting to understand whats going on .

Edited by grinnbearit

Hello...

1. You were not banned. You have a dynamic IP and are now logging on from a different range entirely from when you used to play. What has happened is, your ISP has assigned you to an IP range that we had banned in the past due to a serious troublemaker. On a side note, I do see that raistlin had played in february as well.

2. It did seem as though the situation had resolved itself.

3. See #1.

Now if this is going to be your new range, you will need to be whitelisted. Please read the pinned thread on whitelisting in this section. I will caution you however that we do not whitelist alts, as there is limited space on the whitelist and we need to make sure that everybody who legitimately needs to be whitelisted gets the opportunity to have one character play, and not left out because somebody else has more than one.

Hello...

1. You were not banned. You have a dynamic IP and are now logging on from a different range entirely from when you used to play. What has happened is, your ISP has assigned you to an IP range that we had banned in the past due to a serious troublemaker. On a side note, I do see that raistlin had played in february as well.

2. It did seem as though the situation had resolved itself.

3. See #1.

Now if this is going to be your new range, you will need to be whitelisted. Please read the pinned thread on whitelisting in this section. I will caution you however that we do not whitelist alts, as there is limited space on the whitelist and we need to make sure that everybody who legitimately needs to be whitelisted gets the opportunity to have one character play, and not left out because somebody else has more than one.

yes raistlinn was another charactor i started but rarely played i swopped to grin so please feel free to delet that account, i think i tried to log on with that one when grin wouldnt work, also my daughter did play at the time as well she thinks it was 'lirael black' or something please delete that one also.i will look up the whitelist now and yes this BT line is the new provider for the service.

am i to gather that if i can be 'whitelisted' my daughter would be unable to join as there would be no room for me to have more charactor, or, does it mean only one charactor from the same ip address at the same time so providing we were not on at the same time it would be possible?

my thanks for the promptness of the replies :)

i have registered a new email on the forum and emailed roja with my requests ensuring the email is a pay up one not a yahoo freebie.

will my daughter (well me for her) need to register with roja should she desire to join so i know or can she just enable hers when grins backup and working.

my thanks

grin

If she knows what name she wants, or wants to use an already existing character, you can just include that name with yours and explain to roja it's your daughter.

oops :) didnt do that but will email again now many thanks

Hi Aislinn sorry to post again but any idea when i will be cleared to play and if i will be posted to telling me so.

The reason i ask is if i try logging in to EL and red writing with ip ban comes up it still crashes the computer. (as i have tried twice with same result lol) so i am reluctant to even try it. so any advice or information would be appriciated

many thanks grin :evilgrin:

When you are whitelisted, you will still get the red banned message, you just ignore it and log in as usual.

There is no way to remove it without removing the ban, which can't happen unless the ban is incredibly old and the troublemakers ip has changed.

Roja does the whitelisting, I'm not sure if she will forum pm you or not. I can only say keep trying.

When you are whitelisted, you will still get the red banned message, you just ignore it and log in as usual.

There is no way to remove it without removing the ban, which can't happen unless the ban is incredibly old and the troublemakers ip has changed.

Roja does the whitelisting, I'm not sure if she will forum pm you or not. I can only say keep trying.

wow Aislinn your fast lol ok i will try logging in again thank you for your time

nope i can get to the log in screen but when i put my name and my password in nothing happens i click login nothing i hit enter same thing and if i log back out which i havent done as yet i know the pc will crash.

Aislinn if this is not rectified will it not be possible for me to play el all because i have changed my service provider?

concerned grin

Well the part about your pc crashing is a separate issue, you might want to post your system specs and your error log in a Help me post if you can't find a solution already in that section. That is not good no matter what.

You will get whitelisted, it's just that it is one person who has to do a lot of things so sometimes there is a bit of a wait.

Ok i will look in the help first to see if anyone had anything similar.

I just tried ringing bt to see if they can change my ip address. They said the ip address they have given me is their dedicated online gaming ip..go figure!

A lot of my friends have just switched over to BT in this area and i hope they are not going to have the same issues. Mind you i am a gaming head lol.

BT did say if it wont configure then they could if you where to give me a port address, they can configure my pc from this end apparently...as i am not a computor buff (at all) i will have to hope you understand the meaning of that.

meanwhile thank you again for your patience and responses

grin