Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShYne

EL not running on Mandriva Linux

For some reason when I tried to run EL just by clicking on it it said, it cannot to be displayed. And when I tried to run it from the console it said permission denied... i am don't know what to do....

Any suggestions?

Have you extracted the download somewhere?

If so, change to the directory in a shell (cd directory_name) and chmod +x el.x86.linux.bin

If you don't know WTF any of this means, say so.

Yes, I had extracted it to my desktop

I didn't quite understand the

If so, change to the directory in a shell (cd directory_name) and chmod +x el.x86.linux.bin

If you're running KDE (is that still Mandriva's default? ) right-click on the file el.x86.linux.bin, select "Properties" -> "Permissions" -> "Is executable".

Do what Grum said, I don't use KDE.

FYI, `cd directory` is a command in a shell (like cmd/Command Prompt on Windows) to change directory, in EL's case, you would `cd el_install` if you downloaded and extracted 'el_linux_install.zip'.

'chmod' is a command to change file access permissions. In the above case `chmod +x el.x86.linux.bin` would give executable permissions to el.x86.linux.bin (which is the EL binary).

Guest MadGamer2004

No, Mandriva is running gnome but I will still try that

Did it work?

I'm having the same problem with my Knoppix hard disk installation. My windows hard drive died and all I have left is my Knoppix/Debian linux drive.

I'm a linux newbie and I've tried typing the bin command in my Konsole as well and double clicking the file in Konqueror. I've done the chmod and made sure the check box says "Is Executable" as directed above and I still don't see anything loading. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please?

I'm a linux newbie and I've tried typing the bin command in my Konsole as well and double clicking the file in Konqueror. I've done the chmod and made sure the check box says "Is Executable" as directed above and I still don't see anything loading. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Please?

Check if there is an error in your error log (~/.elc/error_log.txt)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this