Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Disclosure of the rate changes

Let us know what you think about it  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Should the rare stuff ratio changes be made public?

• Yes
    • No

If the rates will go down even more no one will sell their EFE. Why would you sell the 1 EFE you just made if you know you will need it some day and have the chance that you will never find one on the spoiled market channel full of bots.

Look irl if an item is really wanted and only in low amounts available. Prices go up and the stuff is hard to find, this sometimes goes to a point where people would search an alternative but that isn't possible in EL.

Decreasing the amount of EFE in game will only have bad sides imo.

Edited by Cycloonx

Look irl if an item is really wanted and only in low amounts available. Prices go up and the stuff is hard to find, this sometimes goes to a point where people would such an alternative but that isn't possible in EL.

Sure it is, just wear armor that doesn't need an EFE. Aug armor is adequate for most uses, and for the price of an EFE you can buy 35+ torsos to cover the extra breakage. Obviously, if the price of EFE increases further, the amount of augs increases accordingly. Maybe you will have to wait a few more levels before moving up a level for training, but if you cannot afford the price of plate armors, what choice is there?

The point there is to find a way to make ppl need to sell their items insteade of keeping acumulating then....

Very good point you have there.

In fact players that don't log on over a year shouldn't be count to storage statistics, or at least, a percentage cut should apply.

Or there storages should be deleted. :D

#Edit - Btw, I voted, No. :D

Edited by Chosen

Oh really? I used 17 the other day, 8 the next, and I'm about to use another 8 right now. You may not need more than 5 in storage at any one time, but when a ti plate uses 4 each, I kinda need more than that, a lot more than that. I'm doing my part to get them out of the game so if you find yourself with more than 5 then I'll be more than happy to purchase the extras :w00t:

Ok instead of 15 change it to 20, 25, i dont know the best amount for each rare items... thats not the point of my post. The point there is to find a way to make ppl need to sell their items insteade of keeping acumulating then....

I think Ent really doesn't care about having 5k in the game but rather he wants to see it drop to 5k. he wants it so the number of rare doesn't increase to the point that it's not really rare. It idea of a rare item is that it's rare and hard to get. there should be more EFE being used that entering the game. I mean it's no trouble for me or Cl or anymore else to get our hands on a EFE when we need to. rare means it's hard to get. Ideally it should get to the point where if someone has an efe he could ask for any price.

I've focused most of my attention in EL on combat. Attribute/armor/med/weapon setups to best train on or kill an opponent, etc... I train a/d and harv/alch to make all the essences i need and have made all the weapons/armor/potions i need. I dont use the market regularly or follow it's trends, i dont run any kind of EL business, and as such i'm not voting due to lack of first hand knowledge.

Just thought i'd add how i do things to the mix for the rest of you to consider;

I guess i'm a "hoarder", but, like some others who've posted here, i certainly dont hoard to later sell at a higher price. I keep rare stones and essences so when an armor or weapon breaks i just need to go make steel bars and the rest sorts itself out. (steel bars > s2e/s-longs > hydro/wolf > crown/weapon/armor)

I dont know how myself and others operating like this effects things, but this system makes expensive armor/weapon replacement easy for me and gives my friend's manu and crafting exp. I wont be changing how i do things no matter the price of anything.

My alt on the other hand, having no need for any item that takes rare ingreds to make, sells every rare stone and enriched essence he finds/makes.

I dont know if all that adds anything worthwhile to this discussion.

Aug armor is adequate for most uses
I disagree. I guess we have to define "adequate", but for someone with a "normal" a/d/attributes setup who is trying to rise through the a/d ranks, Augmented Leather is not suitable for training.

A good way to get the number of EFE's you want is to make it so the only way to get them is through the EL shop. If the number of EFE's goes above what you want, you can simply stop selling them. It works because then you have a somewhat stable EFE price.....

A good way to get the number of EFE's you want is to make it so the only way to get them is through the EL shop. If the number of EFE's goes above what you want, you can simply stop selling them. It works because then you have a somewhat stable EFE price.....

i hope that i just dont get your sarcasm...

im not a manuer or whatever class needs EFEs.. but imo tis a free game.. you can get almost everything

without paying one dollar... limiting a favourite job to that you will have to pay $$$ to do certain things would

just destroy why i choose to play Eternal Lands long time ago. im using el shop myself yeh but not to raise

my lvls.. and el shop shouldnt be required to do that

Aug armor is adequate for most uses
I disagree. I guess we have to define "adequate", but for someone with a "normal" a/d/attributes setup who is trying to rise through the a/d ranks, Augmented Leather is not suitable for training.
Well... if you can make them by yourself and if you have the NMT perk, it's really nice. In the other case, it's quite expansive when you break 3-4 aug set per training session. (it's what I did when I was on ogres. Now with the NMT, I break only 1 or 2 per hour on clops)

Well... if you can make them by yourself and if you have the NMT perk, it's really nice. In the other case, it's quite expansive when you break 3-4 aug set per training session. (it's what I did when I was on ogres. Now with the NMT, I break only 1 or 2 per hour on clops)
I'm more pointing out that toughness+armor (from aug. set) isnt enough to completely absorb normal clops hit. You can stay on spawn for much long when only their crits can take health off you.

(dont get me wrong, i'm all for wearing as cheaper armor as is suitable; which is why you'll see me, currently with 18 toughness, wear iron plate torso with steel cuisses and steel greaves on clops... before #reset when i had 22 toughness i used either full iron plate or steel chain, cuisses and greaves.)

sorry about off topic-ness

Edited by Korrode

These things are, in my book, typical "behind the scenes" things that should not be public. The public might speculate, but the facts should remain unknown. If someone eventually creates a statistical model to somewhat accurately assess the ratio or number of a xartain item, so be it. It will still not be from the source, ie fiction not facts.

I voted No in the poll.

The state of the economy has been debated several times and when it comes to rare items I think some people hoard them out of a collector's interest or hoard them because they are led to believe that they are rare, and thus potentially useful/valuable.

If this is a bomb or not I don't know, but I do know that it is better if the man with the plan keeps some things to himself (like ratios and such).

What we need is a body of players that keep accurate records and cobine them to Consumer Test for rate changes. Who would then only have the information on changes made some time after the update.

Ofcourse, this could lead to all sorts of problems as to what happens to the information etc. But could be fun :D (sorry, wtached too much of that airline price-fixing on the news)

Seven pages worth and now I have voted. I voted no.

The market prices will be more stable if the fluctuations appear naturally rather than at the posting of an update.

Guest Baza

Was there a change in ELE ratio in the last couple of days? I got no ELE from my last 8k LE which I made in the last 2 days, and before that I got 15 ELE from 15k LE.

Is it just me or you have experienced the same thing? (In the last 2 days I mean).