Eternal Lands Official Forums
Ghandi

A change in Rostogol Stones

Slightly off topic but still to do with rosto's

Idea thats been going round in my head..

Binding Rosto's to an item

1 rosto would only save the item it is bound to.how would you bind a rosto ? can be anything as simple as putting rosto into the mix window with the item it is to be bound to(binding stone optional) and clicking mix.. (small % to fail but only rosto is lost not the item)

ie:

player A wants to protect his titanium plate..so he binds this to a rosto stone

If he wants to protect his greaves and col as well etc then these must be bound seperate.

so player A protecting COL, tit plate,greaves,cuisses and nmt cape would need 5 rostos

OMG :) thats TO expensive..

Well no because the bound stones would protect an item until that item is degraded ( so in theory forever is possible but doudt it )

once an item is degraded it is unbound (rosto lost) and can be dropped as normal.

IMO the would increase drops for pkers, because no one is going to bind there whole inv..not worth it for SRS,He's, Mirror capes etc

So how do we define this?

What if I bound a rost to my CoL. Then I get let's say 2 more CoLs, and I put all 3 in storage. They can't all be bound can they? How would I take out the binded CoL, and not one of the others? Unless we have seperate slots for this. But if I want 8 bounded items (all equipment) I use up 8 more slots.

Of course I do not have all those multiple times, but there are already enough slottakers...

The best idea IMO that I have ever heard concerning rosts, is them protecting only equipment slots, without binding. You might even end up with a spare weapon someone carried (BRoD/Cutlass anyone?)

So how do we define this?

What if I bound a rost to my CoL. Then I get let's say 2 more CoLs, and I put all 3 in storage. They can't all be bound can they? How would I take out the binded CoL, and not one of the others? Unless we have seperate slots for this. But if I want 8 bounded items (all equipment) I use up 8 more slots.

Of course I do not have all those multiple times, but there are already enough slottakers...

If you have 20 Cols in sto and enough rostos you would be able to bind them all, but yes i agree it would take up extra inv slots in storage..

maybe like you said all equipped items only are protected..

IMO never going to get everyone to agree.. players want drops.. but only if its not there stuff at risk being dropped :)

I dont mind if my stuff has a risk to drop...if i get beat, someone elese deserves a prize. However, 50% is not good odds, so my only other option is carrying a rosto (in which case someone may not fight me). However, everyone uses rosto's now adays except n00bs (such as my brother). IMO no reason to PK if i gain nothing and lose he's, sr's, combat pots, rings, summon stones, and other various essence and pots.

Think about it

-Ghandi

Mora here!!

Hmm gahndi in my 9 month in game I never have seen you anywhere PKing is envolved hmm.

Maybe you could drop by kf and discuss this with us there. I believe rostogol are good as they are and thankful we may have and use them and dont need to change anything :)

Mora out!!

I dont mind if my stuff has a risk to drop...if i get beat, someone elese deserves a prize. However, 50% is not good odds, so my only other option is carrying a rosto (in which case someone may not fight me). However, everyone uses rosto's now adays except n00bs (such as my brother). IMO no reason to PK if i gain nothing and lose he's, sr's, combat pots, rings, summon stones, and other various essence and pots.

Think about it

-Ghandi

I see a point here, I must agree :)

Mora here!!

Hmm gahndi in my 9 month in game I never have seen you anywhere PKing is envolved hmm.

Maybe you could drop by kf and discuss this with us there. I believe rostogol are good as they are and thankful we may have and use them and dont need to change anything ;)

Mora out!!

I do not play on the ghandi account anymore but I do continue to use this name for the forums. You just sound like a scared N00B who is afraid to loose a little bit of his stuff. The reality is that you are pathetic...too scared to take any risk at all. Always gotta have that rosto in the inv because god forbid you loose a few pixels on your screen if you die. Thats all full titanium and col's are...pixels on a screen. If you cant afford to take a little risk, give up now...in EL and in real life

- Ghandi

Mora here!!

Maybe you could drop by kf and discuss this with us there. I believe rostogol are good as they are and thankful we may have and use them and dont need to change anything :evilgrin:

Mora out!!

I do not play on the ghandi account anymore but I do continue to use this name for the forums. You just sound like a scared N00B who is afraid to loose a little bit of his stuff. The reality is that you are pathetic...too scared to take any risk at all. Always gotta have that rosto in the inv because god forbid you loose a few pixels on your screen if you die. Thats all full titanium and col's are...pixels on a screen. If you cant afford to take a little risk, give up now...in EL and in real life

- Ghandi

1) You hide behind the name "Ghandi" yet you accuse others of being "Scared".

2) Are you annoyed that some of the players are taking wise precatuions to safeguard thier things in a PVP enviorment?

3) So a safe PKer should "give up now...in EL and in real life" because you're angry at the lack of drops you're getting?

4) A few pixels? *Ahem*.

5) Not everybody has the money to keep buying CoL's, Titanium armor and/or a special sword. By buying rostogol stones (Roughly 16K each, or 5USD) they maintain the sport of PKing.

If everybody went around killing each other, without using rostogols, a small select group would become insanely rich. The normal Steel/Cutlass PKers would not have the money to continually purchase gear.

Eventually the number of PKers would get smaller and smaller, they would become more rich etc. It would have great effects on the game as a whole.

If the rostos are lowered in price, it really defeats the purpose of having the good armor, for what I foresee (but I could be extremely wrong).

Why? If your items can be protected for less gc, how in the world does that make them less worth having? :lurker:

Since all the new wep's, armor's, crowns, etc... were released, pking has been changed drastically. Not only MUST you have them to compete, but you also must have a rosto to protect your valuable loot. Since rosto's are only 5 usd a pop, and many people buy them from the store, there has been an over-saturation. there are 2 solutions to this problem: either 1) stop selling them soo cheaply, or 2) change their spec's to give more people incentive to pk.

Option 2 is the better choice (in my eyes). I say that the rostogol stone (like the NMT perk and cloak) should reduce the chance to lose an item to 1/4 its origional chance. Since there is a 50% chance of loosing any given item, you would be reduced to 12.5%...

This means that there is a CHANCE that all your hard work training to be higher level's (or 40/40 a/d) will pay off SOMETIMES, as there is still a small chance you will even get a drop at all.

Tell me what you think, no flames :lurker:...Only trying to helpz0r

-Ghandi

I like it. Unfortunately, both you and I know the Pkers will (and already have) gone nuts, and will inevitably cease PKing with their high level equipment....

Another option (which I mentioned some time ago):

If you want to discourage PK'ers from using Rostogol Stones, don't disadvantage its use by non-PK'ers. Consider implementing the following rule:

Carrying a Rostogol Stone
prevents you
initiating combat.

If you carry a stone, you cannot be the aggressor in a fight -- you cannot attack another character or creature. You can be attacked, in which case you fight back as normal.

So if you are going out with hostile intent, then you cannot take a Rostogol Stone, and you risk your goods.

A PK'er can take a stone, and rely on other player's to attack them (which is bad Sun Tzu); but if all the PK'ers are carrying, then it will be a quiet day.

For players of more peaceful intent, the Rostogol Stone protects their assets as it has done. The cost of the stone being the price of this insurance.

@ trollson

ok, so i am next to you in a pk map with a rosto, i drop it, hit you, and pick it up and boom, back to keeping all my items. It is a good idea, but it needs some sort of pick up cooldown (once you drop, takes 60 seconds to pick up), but i like the idea...

Ghandi: Thats a good point; you really shouldn't be able to pick things up while in combat.

What if it only works when equipped and it equips to (maybe) the torso. You are left with the choice of rosto or torso armor. And also, by being equipped, it suffers the same damage calculations as any other equipped object.

If this is following my suggestion:

What if it only works when equipped and it equips to (maybe) the torso.
It doesn't prevent people equipping the item during combat -- back to the same problem as drop/attack/pickup that Ghandi described.

I rather like the idea of using a Rostogol Stone to make a medallion to activate its effects though.