Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kidberg

P2p Races

p2p races have a +5 bonus on attack, defense and critical to hit over non-p2p races.

[edit]

because there's no fighting book about them ;p

Edited by Gampa

P2P races don't have a bonus on attack/def, but the opponent can't have the 5 a/d bonus because he's fighting something of which he read the book off.

P2P races don't have a bonus on attack/def, but the opponent can't have the 5 a/d bonus because he's fighting something of which he read the book off.
Translation: P2P players still have to read the books or there is no 'advantage'

I personally would prefer P2P chars rather than P2P races. Otherwise what will happen will be that every serious fighter will soon be draegoni - cos they are the cutest! :P

Flames on that last point welcome :confused:

Translation: P2P players still have to read the books or there is no 'advantage'

Nice translation, just what I tried to explain :confused::P

every serious fighter will soon be draegoni - cos they are the cutest!

Draegoni resemble vanity

And being cute doesn't make you strong ;o

Orchans ftw :confused:

Oh, puhlease... The stereotypical amazonian warrior is wearing very little and has idealised dimensions... While giving the impression that what society considers to be the idealised woman doesn't play games isn't a good idea, it's better to more accurately represent women...

Having female characters as something for the Horny Net Geeks to drool over doesn't do anything to help the cause of the female geek (or other females, for that matter). (This should not be taken as derogatory towards those women who like the sexual attention, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the majority.)

Luckily, Roja seems to do her best to cover this (well, we're all reasonably fit in EL, but other than that...) :(

Well said :D

Whoa, whoa. I did NOT mean anything about gender-based discrimination. They can be short, fat, old women who look like they can barely lift a sword! I'd love to see THAT ingame. But please just don't get the idea that I want hot-looking characters in EL. I don't.

Oh, puhlease... The stereotypical amazonian warrior is wearing very little and has idealised dimensions... While giving the impression that what society considers to be the idealised woman doesn't play games isn't a good idea, it's better to more accurately represent women...

Having female characters as something for the Horny Net Geeks to drool over doesn't do anything to help the cause of the female geek (or other females, for that matter). (This should not be taken as derogatory towards those women who like the sexual attention, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the majority.)

Luckily, Roja seems to do her best to cover this (well, we're all reasonably fit in EL, but other than that...) :happy:

Well said ;)

Whoa, whoa. I did NOT mean anything about gender-based discrimination. They can be short, fat, old women who look like they can barely lift a sword! I'd love to see THAT ingame. But please just don't get the idea that I want hot-looking characters in EL. I don't.

Mmmhmm Sure :D:(