Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kidberg

P2p Races

well i wasnt thinking of any...i had heard that we were going to get some new races and was wondering if it was true and maybe a estimate of when we were going to gettem

Ive never bought p2p just because of the fact I didnt want to be orchan, drageoni or gnome. I like being a human. if there were possibility of having p2p advantages and still having f2p race then I'd pay for it.

Ive never bought p2p just because of the fact I didnt want to be orchan, drageoni or gnome. I like being a human. if there were possibility of having p2p advantages and still having f2p race then I'd pay for it.

Just like me.

Now I have a disadvantage pvp training with p2p chars and I have been thinking about taking one more than once, but like Desertus I like being a human too much. Nothing wrong with the other races tho, it just is'nt me.

Was just wondering about the status of us having more p2p races to choose from.

Yes time indeed for new race :D

roja draw some idea and lets vote on a new race :D

or have some talented el players draw some stuff then we can have a vote

Edited by mufossa

Kind of like instead of pvp race a pvp character ?

ie: human . but diff stats for .. pirate. gladiator.. bandit.. ninja :), Viking, samurai etc etc

or

Elves: Diff stats . for High, Wood or Dark elf

is that what you mean ?:

pvp races. can be anything to be honest, just look at any old AD&D manual . lizardmen,halflings,half-orcs,Centaurs,Dryads, ideas are limited only by imagination (and programming of course)

Edited by conavar

I've already got some ideas in mind for some other races. Not promising anything right now though :)

Woot! Ok tyvm Roja thats what i wanted to know. Goodluck also :)

I wanna be a penguin :unsure:

I heard something about minotaurs but i am not sure.Blood elves or night elves would be nice :(

Go play world of warcraft then :P

I personaly enjoy the orginality of the races of orchan and draegoni, I think it would be fun to have more orginal EL races if any are added (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong and draegoni and orchans arn't orginal races, but I've sure never heard of them before EL)

Edited by Enly

Draegoni are original afaik.

Orchans aren't really that original, since they're taken from the Orc idea, and I also referenced them after other Orc-type races from other books. The name afaik isn't used anywhere else though.

Cat People, Shadows (semitransparent), Snake People, Eagle People, Forest Dwellers, ect… Another neat thing would be a race of only one gender, like the Amazons. Only females could be those. ;D

Edited by draegox

Cat People
Furries? Not original anyway.
Shadows (semitransparent), Snake People, Eagle People, Forest Dwellers, ect
Likewise, and would look odd, IMO.
Another neat thing would be a race of only one gender, like the Amazons. Only females could be those. *Glances at siggy.* ;D
Oh, puhlease... The stereotypical amazonian warrior is wearing very little and has idealised dimensions... While giving the impression that what society considers to be the idealised woman doesn't play games isn't a good idea, it's better to more accurately represent women...

Having female characters as something for the Horny Net Geeks to drool over doesn't do anything to help the cause of the female geek (or other females, for that matter). (This should not be taken as derogatory towards those women who like the sexual attention, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the majority.)

Luckily, Roja seems to do her best to cover this (well, we're all reasonably fit in EL, but other than that...) :)

Oh, puhlease... The stereotypical amazonian warrior is wearing very little and has idealised dimensions... While giving the impression that what society considers to be the idealised woman doesn't play games isn't a good idea, it's better to more accurately represent women...

Having female characters as something for the Horny Net Geeks to drool over doesn't do anything to help the cause of the female geek (or other females, for that matter). (This should not be taken as derogatory towards those women who like the sexual attention, but I'm pretty sure they aren't the majority.)

Luckily, Roja seems to do her best to cover this (well, we're all reasonably fit in EL, but other than that...) :)

Well said :confused:

How about a crossbreed of gnomes and fluffy rabbits. A fluffy gnome could take over the world.
Sounds like Flumps.

Flumpsfamily.gif

ie: human . but diff stats for .. pirate. gladiator.. bandit.. ninja :), Viking, samurai etc etc

can't change stats depending on race wouldn't be good i think...

+ pirate is not a rce, more a job :devlish:

ie: human . but diff stats for .. pirate. gladiator.. bandit.. ninja :confused:, Viking, samurai etc etc

can't change stats depending on race wouldn't be good i think...

+ pirate is not a rce, more a job :unsure:

I think an upgraded human p2p would be nice. It would give the xenophobes a p2p race that could be separated from the "combat book" advantage. Possibly a slightly better physique (not the attribute) and different clothing style.

BTW, the xenophobe comment was meant jokingly. No flames please.

some 1 who can change look :happy:

Instead of new races, how about more options of appearance. The new hats and hair colors are nice, but I have a Drow character who needs spectacles, and a human druid who is too skinny to be me!

Alternative body/face shapes and basic clothing styles would make the gang around the storage look more like individuals. I suppose something like three body styles for each race would affect the clothing and all else multiplying the data on the server and clients too much, but a few simpler things maybe not so.

For instance, I would prefer a happier face on Mugs, and an evil grin on Komiyan (my Drow.) Oh, yeah and the glasses, he keeps walking into trees.... :confused:

Oh, and Roja. There is no critisism here! You have done and are continuing to do the most fantastic job with this game and deserve mega-cheers!! :confused:

Edited by Mugwump

You said about paying for F2P races but with P2P characteristics, what is the difference, they just look different don't they ?

You said about paying for F2P races but with P2P characteristics, what is the difference, they just look different don't they ?

i think for p2p they get abit of a bonus in fites like if theyv read all of the fiting books